Hello there ! If you are here you have either played the game for some time , and you just want to check out what im blabbering about or you are a newbie and you want few tips on how to "GIT GUD" !
1. Explore ! - This game is all about moving around and exploring as much of the map as you can ! So do it ! Just move around, left and right, remove the darkness from your mini map (situated in the upper right corner of your screen)
2. If you didn't understand or read the first bullet-point, read it again, if you did, read it again anyway and then continue to number 3.
3. Kill stuff, be it good, bad , or questionable, kill everything you see ! If it gives you more than 10 XP its good to kill, if not stop being a weakling , read bullet-point 1, and go and find harder enemies !
4. Jaffa, I found a key or a dungeon, or both. - Good on you, if you only have a key, try finding the dungeon (and the other way around), if you have both, just enter and kill some stuff (and by stuff I mean the boss).
5. Whats this glowing stone/tree/shard ? - Those are crafting materials, they can be dropped by random stones/trees/shards on the ground, or by enemies. Either way, they are good, for crafting.
6. Craft ! - You need to get stronger! Sure, dungeons drop some good stuff, but they dont always drop what you need, thats where crafting comes in, craft all your Tier 1 (T1) gear, and once you have all your T1 gear, start crafting your T2 gear, and so on and so on.
7. What is this yellow/blue spinning thing on the ground ? - Thats either a damage or a health regeneration boost, but you do need to be inside of the effect to get it, and that means that you are not moving, and not moving mostly means death in SB.
8. Move ! - SB is a bullet hell game, that means there are allot of bullets, and you dont want to get hit by those bullets. Thats why, you move around allot, so you dont get hit, mastering moving and shooting at a single target might seem daunting at first, but once you get it , you are unkillable, unless, you know, you....
9. Die - Dying is part of the process, dying gives you legacies, so you can make your next of kin stronger, and so on and so on. The longer you stay alive, the better drops you get, and more valr, and few other things.
SOME STUFF YOU SHOULD PROBABLY KNOW....
1. Use the vault, (that big box thing close to the tower), items in the vault are safe, and will stay with your family even if you die.
2. Do daily quests ! They give you currency to purchase some pretty good items !
3. Make friends, they are ....friendly...
4. There are bugs, rollbacks , things like thats.. Its beta, it happens, report the bugs, if possible.
5. ACCEPT ME AS YOUR GLORIOUS LEADER AND FOLLOW ME TO VICTORY !
This is a crash course, there are errors, and missing information. Its an evolving post, you can always ask here or on the forums if you have any issues or need help. Im not always available but if truly needed I can help you out ingame.
GOOD LUCK !