Sign in to follow this  
PIECEofTOAST

PLEASE put more information in game

Please, for the love of god DE before it's too late, don't make this a warframe 2.0 where I have to alt tab and look at a wiki every 5 minutes I play this game. PUT MORE INFO IN THE GAME!

The specific things that are turning me off so far (haven't played a lot yet), where do I get materials? I see that materials are required to craft stuff, but where on earth do I get them? The game doesn't tell me either. This whole wandering around aimlessly until you find what you're looking for thing is not fun. 

Also, where on earth are dungeons? I got a key to the sands dungeon, but I spent a good 30 minutes looking for it and I never found it. Why isn't this information anywhere? I'm sure it's simple to find once I know, but nobody in chat knew either and I couldn't find it. What's the point of the cartographer if they don't show me stuff like this? 

Overall the game seems really fun, but I'm having trouble forcing myself to play it because I feel so lost all the time, and as far as I know there's no wiki or discord yet where I can reliably find this info so I just have to aimlessly wander until I get lucky. 

First, DE is just a publisher, Human Head Studios is the developer.

Second, the game is in alpha , there are many things to get flashed out, progression is not the main focus right now. They are making the game first, mechanics and all. Try and experiment for a bit, you dont need a tutorial to play the game.

Third, you get materials from destroying things, you might have noticed glowing stones, grass (like the one in tutorial, you also get some stuff from dungeons)

As for dungeons you can find them by exploring the map, this game is about exploration, it would be kind of dumb for devs to create a large map but most of it doesn't get explored because there is a Google Maps equivalent of "directions" built in. 

Explore , explore , explore. Find out things by yourself, its annoying that people dont play games anymore, they just wait for a guide to do this and that. 

3 hours ago, PIECEofTOAST said:

Please, for the love of god DE before it's too late, don't make this a warframe 2.0 where I have to alt tab and look at a wiki every 5 minutes I play this game. PUT MORE INFO IN THE GAME!

The specific things that are turning me off so far (haven't played a lot yet), where do I get materials? I see that materials are required to craft stuff, but where on earth do I get them? The game doesn't tell me either. This whole wandering around aimlessly until you find what you're looking for thing is not fun. 

Also, where on earth are dungeons? I got a key to the sands dungeon, but I spent a good 30 minutes looking for it and I never found it. Why isn't this information anywhere? I'm sure it's simple to find once I know, but nobody in chat knew either and I couldn't find it. What's the point of the cartographer if they don't show me stuff like this? 

Overall the game seems really fun, but I'm having trouble forcing myself to play it because I feel so lost all the time, and as far as I know there's no wiki or discord yet where I can reliably find this info so I just have to aimlessly wander until I get lucky. 

Uhh, DE isn't the developer. HH is.

This game, as you can probably tell from fog of war, encourages you to explore and experiment. And having played the game for 100+ hours I can tell you that this game is FAR less complex and much more intuitive than Warframe. HH themselves have stated that their goal was to create several staple but deep mechanics ingrained into the game in contrast to DE's mountain of shallow mechanics. But for the sake of answering your question:

Materials are randomly dropped by quite literally every single enemies in the game, you literally can farm for everything in the starting zone or in endgame zone. 

Edited by Twilight053