Sign in to follow this  
PIECEofTOAST

What is the future plans for resets?

Hi, I'm guessing this has been answered already but I couldn't find it. There have already been a few resets in my time playing alpha, and while I love the game, I will get really burnt out if I keep getting my stuff reset and I probably won't want to play anymore.

What are the plans for future resets? Are there going to be any more full resets? Or just partial ones? I would be okay with losing some of my progress (like items or something), but losing everything is getting pretty tiring. If there's gonna be more full resets I probably just won't play until those are done. 

Also how does electrum work in resets? Is all my electrum refunded and I can just re-buy the things I bought? I haven't bought any electrum yet because I'm a little worried about how resets or future gameplay changes will effect it. 

16 hours ago, PIECEofTOAST said:

Hi, I'm guessing this has been answered already but I couldn't find it. There have already been a few resets in my time playing alpha, and while I love the game, I will get really burnt out if I keep getting my stuff reset and I probably won't want to play anymore.

What are the plans for future resets? Are there going to be any more full resets? Or just partial ones? I would be okay with losing some of my progress (like items or something), but losing everything is getting pretty tiring. If there's gonna be more full resets I probably just won't play until those are done. 

Also how does electrum work in resets? Is all my electrum refunded and I can just re-buy the things I bought? I haven't bought any electrum yet because I'm a little worried about how resets or future gameplay changes will effect it. 

We'll likely have a full reset when we move into beta, and one more when we release on Steam - but we will verify this and provide more details once the time approaches. If there's a reset, all electrum will be refunded to your account, so you won't lose it!

2 hours ago, hh_katherine said:

We'll likely have a full reset when we move into beta, and one more when we release on Steam - but we will verify this and provide more details once the time approaches. If there's a reset, all electrum will be refunded to your account, so you won't lose it!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the point of wiping on a PVE based game?. Surely any changes to the game can be applied with out fully wiping everybody and since its a PVE game there's no advantage that affects other players. Just seems kind of pointless imo and a good way to make people not want to play either because they know they'll have to re-do everything or because they previously lost all progress.

3 hours ago, Sin said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the point of wiping on a PVE based game?. Surely any changes to the game can be applied with out fully wiping everybody and since its a PVE game there's no advantage that affects other players. Just seems kind of pointless imo and a good way to make people not want to play either because they know they'll have to re-do everything or because they previously lost all progress.

We do this to keep it fair to other players - we don't want some people to have a major in-game advantage because they were randomly drawn in the beginning of our Alpha. Otherwise, we've found that new players would be unhappy as they haven't had the same opportunity. We want to keep things as fair as possible, and these resets will only happen before the game is officially released.

6 minutes ago, hh_katherine said:

We do this to keep it fair to other players - we don't want some people to have a major in-game advantage because they were randomly drawn in the beginning of our Alpha. Otherwise, we've found that new players would be unhappy as they haven't had the same opportunity. We want to keep things as fair as possible, and these resets will only happen before the game is officially released.

I'm sorry but i'm confused, is there some sort of PVP in this game that i have not reached yet?, because that would be the only way that logic makes sense. From my understanding this is a fully PVE game and any "advantage" one player has shouldn't effect another player at all.

This isn't a game like Albion online with hundreds of guilds competing with each other to obtain land, in that genre of game i would understand wiping before the release of the game as it would legitimately effect a players experience, but for a game like this it just seems bizarre and i hold my previous statement in that all it's doing is making people not want to play because they're just going to be wiped.

Also if i'm not mistaken according to your own post EVERYBODY who signed up before 06/20 received a key. So this "Random draw" you speak of doesn't exist no? 

51 minutes ago, Sin said:

I'm sorry but i'm confused, is there some sort of PVP in this game that i have not reached yet?, because that would be the only way that logic makes sense. From my understanding this is a fully PVE game and any "advantage" one player has shouldn't effect another player at all.

This isn't a game like Albion online with hundreds of guilds competing with each other to obtain land, in that genre of game i would understand wiping before the release of the game as it would legitimately effect a players experience, but for a game like this it just seems bizarre and i hold my previous statement in that all it's doing is making people not want to play because they're just going to be wiped.

Also if i'm not mistaken according to your own post EVERYBODY who signed up before 06/20 received a key. So this "Random draw" you speak of doesn't exist no? 

She's referring to the previous random draws. For example, if someone got the alpha key on, let's say, 3/11. By 6/20, they'll most likely have much better items and such than is available to a new player. This would be unfair to the other player because they wouldn't have had the chance to play even near as much. It's unfair because it means that other players already have everything, and you're completely stuck behind. Assuming that some sort of valr leaderboard will be implemented, or exp leaderboard, it would then make it unfair. I doubt that no competitive elements will be added by official release.