Sign in to follow this  
Mewmew

No longer can use same name on new character

After the most recent patch, after dying we no longer can use the same name on our characters again.  I'm assuming this is a bug because I can't find any mention of it in any recent patch notes, I see other name changes and this may have came about because of them - or it may have been done on purpose and just not mentioned in the patch notes.  Because of that I feel I should post it in bugs, and the Devs can work out if it's a bug or a purposeful change.

Up until Week 44, when we died we could make a character with the same name as the previous one.  The game would end up showing a "II", "III" or "IV" etc at the very end of our name when we did this, but it always let us use the same name again.

After the Week 44 patch, it now tells us the name is in use and won't let us use it again.  I see various other notes about name changes, and yet it's not mentioned that a change happened to stop us from using the same name over again.  Again, it may be on purpose and just not mentioned.

Now when we go to make a character with the same name, you can still see it ghost the "III" or "IV" etc at the end of the name when you enter it in but it doesn't go through and let us make the character, it tells us the name is in use (even though the character is dead and it's a descendant).  Obviously being that our name is really our house name, I can work around this issue, but the thing is I don't know if it's a bug or not (not being mentioned in patch notes) and so I wanted to report that it is happening.

it's not new. we have had this issue for a bit and are working on it. something on our backend database is rejecting when you name one of your characters bob for the second time.