Sign in to follow this  
hh_katherine

Server Stability

Hello, Ancestors!

We know that server stability is a pressing issue in Survived By right now, and it has been an ongoing effort by the development team throughout the course of Alpha and Beta. Producer Ryan Jackson already shared this to the General News, but I want to make sure it has more visibility:

"On Wednesday evening we deployed a build that was supposed to drastically increase performance and stability. The network code behind the scenes had seen significant revisions. In hindsight, that an overhaul this dramatic didn't go smoothly isn't a shocker. Disconnects were common and frequent, and the backend was still reporting errors. New errors, but errors none-the-less.

24 hours later we had another build up that helped with the disconnects, but still had some work that needed to be done regarding the backend stability and the way electrum purchases were being tracked. 

The network engineers worked through the weekend, and Sunday evening we deployed another build that was finally going to bet us back to a solid, playable state. It did just the opposite. Our database got hammered beyond its capacity, which had a domino effect on the game servers, which, practically speaking, caused a ton of lag and disconnects.

The game wasn't playable, so I've made the call to take Survived By offline until we can take a closer look at the logs and ensure that our next build doesn't just make the problem worse again. If I had to guess I'd say that outage will last between 12 and 18 hours, but that's just an estimate. 

My one consolation is that we're working through these issues now rather than later. This week was always supposed to be a stress test, and in that regard it was successful. We found the limits of what our optimized servers could do, and it wasn't much. 

We'll get the game back up as quickly as we can, and, once again, thank you for your patience."

Making sure that you're able to get in and enjoy the game is a top priority, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to work through these issues. 

Update: As of 12:15PM on 8/13, our first attempt at a new build has failed - we identified what bug was causing the failure and are working on a second attempt. We will not hit our "12 hour" goal as stated above, but should be within our 18 hour goal.

Update: As of 2PM, our servers have been restored! Thank you for your patience, ancestors, and please let us know if you experience any further instability. Welcome back to the Heartlands!

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, GeroinEX said:

@hh_katherineWhen will they give out the keys to the others who wrote in the subject?

I'll go through the post now and start sending out keys! The servers are still down currently, but you'll have access as soon as they're back up.

1 minute ago, hh_katherine said:

I'll go through the post now and start sending out keys! The servers are still down currently, but you'll have access as soon as they're back up.

Oh, thanks a lot! Finally it will be possible to play.

• Like 1

Do you think you guys might give out free blood currency for people who stick with beta and do continue to play through the bad parts?

8 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Do you think you guys might give out free blood currency for people who stick with beta and do continue to play through the bad parts?

We are looking at some different options for what we will send to our Alpha/Beta friends... I can't spoil the surprise though!

Glad to see you guys are so responsive to the issues. Just installed with beta key, really looking forward to trying out your game! Good luck guys! 

ooooohhh.gif

• Thanks 1

The server is working bad for me, is it just me? i tried after it opened today again and have more troubles than before. Like 5 kicks in 10 minutes. 

But for some reason i was still alive.

Thanks for your efforts.. The game is awesome, hope you guys get the best of it.

Is there a way to get another beta for my brothers (2)im the cheese in the sandwich

Familiy : Winchester 

• Like 1