Sign in to follow this  
9R_RyanJ

State of the Game (08/22/2018)

As many of you are aware, we've been focused on stress testing our servers over the last several weeks, and between the veterans and the new arrivals we've discovered a number of bugs that might have gone unnoticed if not for your help. Now we need to get them all fixed, and to do that we've decided to make a few adjustments to how we deliver updates:

• We are switching to an every other week release schedule. This should help with overall performance as features will receive additional testing.
  • With a few exceptions, most of our engineering staff will be dedicated to performance, stability and security. 
  • New content will still be released, but the amount will go down and it will be focused on existing systems rather than adding something new.

Our plan is to maintain this focus through September before reevaluating the state of the game once again and deciding what our focus should be after that. As always, your feedback is a very important part of our project planning, and the Suggestions board on the forums is a great place to let us know what features you would like to see us prioritize.

Practically speaking, the next several weeks are going to feel a bit like the game is slowing down, but I want to assure everyone that this is not the case. Human Head and Digital Extremes are still fully committed to Survived By, and the number of staff working on this game is unaffected by the priority shift. In order to give you the best possible experience, we just need to focus a little more on the guts of the game. 

But that's not to say that we aren't looking towards the future:

• We're looking to improve the moment-to-moment gameplay with revised enemy behaviors and attack patterns while looking towards a new feature (pets) as a way to give players more tactical options in combat.
  • We want to expand the number of short term goals players can pursue with a rebuilt bounty/challenge/achievement system while also adding more quest chains and events that cycle in and out.
  • Our end game is also in line for updates, from expanded Ancestral Legacies to an all-new raid dungeon where players traverse the exterior roots of the World Tree to face off against a massive Fury known as The Dreadnought.

Oh, and maybe, you know, something like a new class.

It might take us well into the end of 2018 to get all of this in, but we wanted to give you a sneak peek of some of the content we're prioritizing and hope it gets many of you as excited as we are for the future of Survived By.

Ryan Jackson (HH_RyanJ/9R_RyanJ)
Creative Director on Survived By

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

que bien estoy muy emocionado por lo dicho, y sobre todo lo de las mascotas que seria increíble, tambien lo de los patrones y comportamiento del enemigo y tambien lo de recompensas, logros, eventos y eventos, y atravesar las raices exteriores para ver nuevos enemigos , todo esto se ve increible Agrerar enemigos como dragones gigantes y mas enemigos gigantes de otros tipos seria algo increible para el juego, pero sobre todo lo mencionado, estoy muy pero muy emocionado.

Edited by Destroyerfx

1 hour ago, Destroyerfx said:

que bien estoy muy emocionado por lo dicho, y sobre todo lo de las mascotas que seria increíble, tambien lo de los patrones y comportamiento del enemigo y tambien lo de recompensas, logros, eventos y eventos, y atravesar las raices exteriores para ver nuevos enemigos , todo esto se ve increible Agrerar enemigos como dragones gigantes y mas enemigos gigantes de otros tipos seria algo increible para el juego, pero sobre todo lo mencionado, estoy muy pero muy emocionado.

Somos emocionados tambien! Creemos que este sera mejor para el futuro del juego. Estoy especialmente emocionada sobre las mascotas - quiero un murciélago a seguirme cuando estoy explorando. Que lindo :,).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've seen indie games failing because they've lost sight of their objective. So I love seeing you guys having a clear goal to follow, determined to make the game playable first, and then add the other stuff.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys rock, I enjoy the progression of the game as is right now. Only complaint being that durn crafting system taking so long to upgrade, it really looses it's sense of importance when I'm rocking the t8 gear already but only now unlocked t6 crafting. Now I'm feeling forced into upgrading it as it's my only way to progress at the moment and that's a pain because of the blacksmith sometimes not giving me the  upgrades I paid 2k silver and like 40 minutes of my schedule for. I'll report anything I find and try to fight through it in the mean time :) 

• Thanks 1