Sign in to follow this  
hh_katherine

Duplicate Usernames

Some ancestors have been affected by issues with duplicate usernames - in the beginning, two duplicate usernames could coexist in harmony, as long as they were capitalized differently. We've changed this, however, meaning that duplicate usernames need to be changed.

We'll solve this by adding a number after duplicate usernames. If you were affected, you will be receiving an email with a form to request a change to your username.

This name change will not affect your Steam accounts or character names. The forums usernames, including older posts, will change at the same time we update your username. You won't lose history, reputations, etc.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you,

The Survived By Team

Posted (edited)

I feel that my account name has been changed to "darkon02" incorrectly as I sincerely doubt there was any other "Darkon" prior to my account creation (I have been around since fairly early in the Alpha).

Why was my account renamed rather than the supposed other? (I cannot seem to find this other "Darkon" in the forums)

Edited by darkon02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, darkon02 said:

I feel that my account name has been changed to "darkon02" incorrectly as I sincerely doubt there was any other "Darkon" prior to my account creation (I have been around since fairly early in the Alpha).

Why was my account renamed rather than the supposed other? (I cannot seem to find this other "Darkon" in the forums)

I don't see any other Darkon's either.  When we go to Ignore someone, we get a user list when entering a partial (or their full) name.  There are no other darkon's listed.  Plus you have a pretty old account with a low user number (1360) meaning you signed up pretty early without many people here yet, and you have a name that isn't very common.  If I had to guess I'd guess it was in error as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mewmew said:

I don't see any other Darkon's either.  When we go to Ignore someone, we get a user list when entering a partial (or their full) name.  There are no other darkon's listed.  Plus you have a pretty old account with a low user number (1360) meaning you signed up pretty early without many people here yet, and you have a name that isn't very common.  If I had to guess I'd guess it was in error as well.

Thank you mate, I reached out via dm to Katherine to hopefully find out what happened—I also noticed I don't have the Alpha Tester forum badge. I hadn't known about the search via Ignore; very clever XD

im going to agree with darkon -_- i was the first kitty around on the server and suddenly mine has to be changed too :o 

(welp i got the email for my name to be changed but hasnt happend on forums yet luckily)

edit: i just checked the ignore list thingy u guys mentioned and im the only "kitty" on the forums lol the only other options arent even remotely close to my name :s 

Edited by Kitty
  • Like 1

Hey all!

Even if usernames aren't showing up in the forums, they can still be registered in our database. @darkon02 for example, there are currently two Darkons (now Darkon01 and 02.) There were also two Kitties - (now Kitty01 and 02.)

For popular usernames like Kitty, the duplicates are likely just coincidence. I agree that Darkon is unique - but it's possible someone saw your name and loved it! Either way, we'll be sure to update these names for anyone who submits a request.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hh_katherine said:

Hey all!

Even if usernames aren't showing up in the forums, they can still be registered in our database. @darkon02 for example, there are currently two Darkons (now Darkon01 and 02.) There were also two Kitties - (now Kitty01 and 02.)

For popular usernames like Kitty, the duplicates are likely just coincidence. I agree that Darkon is unique - but it's possible someone saw your name and loved it! Either way, we'll be sure to update these names for anyone who submits a request.

Okay :D  I thought it was showing them all since the names show up in the ignore thing even if they haven't posted.  Obviously there is something I don't know about the database that's causing some names not to show there.  Possibly there was some duplication error back early on when the forums were first coming up, it could be there was an import back from somewhere before using this forum,  maybe it's even that they have to actually go into the forum to be there or something even if they don't post (the most likely of the scenarios). 

With darkon's registration being so early on I would have been worried for him if he wasn't able to reclaim the name but it looks as if he was. 

• Like 2

i just know im going to hiss in the general direction of everyone & everything if i gotta add some ugly number to my name :( 

• Haha 1