star

name changed by survivedby team (very upseting)

hello everyone, im a little upset about logging in to check my account today. roughly a year ago i saw this game being advertised and wanted to take advantage of this new game by aquiring a og name while i could. so i got the name star ? (always my first choice of a og name) so i logged in today to see that my name is now star2. i was very upset about it knowing that i had the name star first and its a bit unfair to me as a player. i do understand that the survived by team can do as they please but its pretty much impossible for me to get a og name now. this very much deters me from playing this game. what are your guys thoughts and oppinions about this? ( i know there are a ton of grammar and spelling mistakes dont mention it) i would also like to mention i was ever notified about it

Edited by star2
forgot to mwntion

12 hours ago, star2 said:

hello everyone, im a little upset about logging in to check my account today. roughly a year ago i saw this game being advertised and wanted to take advantage of this new game by aquiring a og name while i could. so i got the name star ? (always my first choice of a og name) so i logged in today to see that my name is now star2. i was very upset about it knowing that i had the name star first and its a bit unfair to me as a player. i do understand that the survived by team can do as they please but its pretty much impossible for me to get a og name now. this very much deters me from playing this game. what are your guys thoughts and oppinions about this? ( i know there are a ton of grammar and spelling mistakes dont mention it) i would also like to mention i was ever notified about it

Hey there, Star! We sent out an email to all affected users and made a post on the forums: 

Essentially, all duplicate usernames were assigned numbers so our database would recognize the accounts as being separate. For a while, usernames with different capitalizations could be accepted as different (Star vs star) but this has changed - the number assignment is temporary, and all emails included a submission form to request a new username without numbers.

I'm happy to change your username for you! It's very possible that Star is still available. I apologize for any confusion and want to make sure you have a name that you are happy with :)