BLUGTHEK

[CONCEPT MONSTER] Lost guardian

Hey guys i have a bit of free time from work. So as i promise in my Concept class topic here my concept? fanart? Monster.
if i have more time maybe ill make a pixel art and minion art aswell (Really busy at work right now).
Enough talk here my concept monster (Art are at the bottom). 

His name | Lost guardian 

Ability | *Some has description at the bottom
- He can create null field that cancel all ability and player attack.
- He can teleport to random place in boss room.
- When his health at 75% 50% 30% 20% he will launch a strong projectile around him that deal MASSIVE damage, Some class may died in 1 hit
  (Player must run in circle to avoid it *But yeah be careful of his minions aswell)(**Even full legacy and full gear if got two hit it mean death).
- When his health at 10% he become "berserk" mode (All of his action are now 50% faster *Move Attack Skill **But only him not his minions).
-He can randomly summon minions to help him
   His minions are separate in 3 category 
  - "Healing minion" (Hard to summon but most annoy minion) He has 1 Skill "Chanelling Healing***", he can heal his master to full health if you leave him long enough but if he get attack from player he cancel his heal casting.
   -"Tanker minion" (Common to summon) He cant attack player but has high health and usually run in circle around his master.
   -"Attack minion" (Rare to summon but become common when goes in berserk mode) Shot 1 Really really very super duper slow projectile that has very massive massive life span and damage every 3 second *become 1 every 1 second when his master in berserk mode (Can use knight ability to null it) and when this type of minion die they explode with 1 sec delay (Deal tiny damage).
***"Chanelling healing" Skill that caster must stay still to use. Have 3 sec cast time until skill take effect and caster must stay still if move or get damage the skill stop.

His history | You can skip this part i just try to write it for fun (My english skill is shit btw)
Long time ago there was one vast west land that no sigh of life but how ever there is one, a guardian.. a monster... a warrior.... a lonely one he there to protect the land that was once rich and full of life, He is a kind guy his kin always welcome all race on matter who they are, Simply say he just a very kind guy he take care of every one do what he can to make everything goes in the right direction but one day a lone living being come in contact with his land, A weak a little a fragile one it condition is not good he treat it but one it got consciousness it scream and ran away no where to be seen, not long from that day group of "it" kind come here and said something, he treat them like he always did but they dint like it they begin to say something... to scream something... and begin to kill his kin, He try to protect his kin in panic but he cant his body wont move... "Why i have a black thing at my chest" he got pierc by a sword, not a normal sword a curse one, Down to his knee he witness a downfall no.. a massacre of his kin.... his love his son his friend his people they drag body of his love in front of him he try to catch her and her try to catch his hand in that moment her got killed.... by a guy he once help, "Why" he try to ask but his voice didn't come out the curse sword forbid him to do it but then... [Filty Monster] the word from a guy he once help, they leave a land that was once rich become ruin like his hearth he scream in anger and sadness but no voice or tear come out he try to catch his love one last time but he cant move his son drag his body to see his father he try to greet him or hug him but he cant do it, "Father i cant protect our people i'm sorry" He try to reply but again no voice come out "i think i might not survive to think that i drag this body to see you two is miracle enough, i know you two didn't hear me but if next life is true maybe we can meet again father mother" no no no "I still hear you son, i hear you, i hear you" his son died in front of him
"Why this happen to me" "what i do wrong" "Why ....."
Body of his son and his love begin to decompose      he witness it
Group of feral breast eat and mess with both body             he witness it
His land got burn and destroy            he witness it
"Please end this misery"
Long year pass his body fused with the blade his heart become corrupt his will is no more he just wander around to protect the west land that once he call home
His misery continue ......

Lostguardian.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 9:06 AM, BLUGTHEK said:

- He can create null field that cancel all ability and player attack.
- He can teleport to random place in boss room.
- When his health at 75% 50% 30% 20% he will launch a strong projectile around him that deal MASSIVE damage, Some class may died in 1 hit
  (Player must run in circle to avoid it *But yeah be careful of his minions aswell)(**Even full legacy and full gear if got two hit it mean death).
- When his health at 10% he become "berserk" mode (All of his action are now 50% faster *Move Attack Skill **But only him not his minions).
-He can randomly summon minions to help him
   His minions are separate in 3 category 
  - "Healing minion" (Hard to summon but most annoy minion) He has 1 Skill "Chanelling Healing***", he can heal his master to full health if you leave him long enough but if he get attack from player he cancel his heal casting.
   -"Tanker minion" (Common to summon) He cant attack player but has high health and usually run in circle around his master.
   -"Attack minion" (Rare to summon but become common when goes in berserk mode) Shot 1 Really really very super duper slow projectile that has very massive massive life span and damage every 3 second *become 1 every 1 second when his master in berserk mode (Can use knight ability to null it) and when this type of minion die they explode with 1 sec delay (Deal tiny damage).
***"Chanelling healing" Skill that caster must stay still to use. Have 3 sec cast time until skill take effect and caster must stay still if move or get damage the skill stop.

Cool idea, but several things show have their flaws. 
1. Rng is BAD in boss fights. There needs to be set phases tells. It's a permadeath game, if a player can't learn the boss, it's a poor design and hard to play against.
2. One shot mechanics are BAD. Never should there ever be a one shot mechanic in a permadeath game. It's unfair, with no counter play, and separates the free to plays from the pay to plays.
3. Never let something heal to full unless it would be super easy to kill, if not then its either pointless, or just down right unfair. Make it either super hard to kill and heal slowly to a set amount/percent, or make it a little easier to kill, but raise that healing slightly.
4. Instead of the attack minion shooting low damage shots, make them deal a debuff also, discouraging people from standing on it.
5. Actions 50% faster sounds a little bullsh*t, how about 15%
6. Random tp, sounds like rng and instakilling to me...

Now for the good stuff.
1. Null field sounds neat.
2. Minions are a neat idea, kinda like a buffed first dungeon boss is how i see it.
3. Berserk mode is interesting also.

If you don't agree or I misinterpreted anything, please let me know and feel free to expand on any of these points. :) 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 4:22 AM, Rezois said:

Cool idea, but several things show have their flaws. 
1. Rng is BAD in boss fights. There needs to be set phases tells. It's a permadeath game, if a player can't learn the boss, it's a poor design and hard to play against.
2. One shot mechanics are BAD. Never should there ever be a one shot mechanic in a permadeath game. It's unfair, with no counter play, and separates the free to plays from the pay to plays.
3. Never let something heal to full unless it would be super easy to kill, if not then its either pointless, or just down right unfair. Make it either super hard to kill and heal slowly to a set amount/percent, or make it a little easier to kill, but raise that healing slightly.
4. Instead of the attack minion shooting low damage shots, make them deal a debuff also, discouraging people from standing on it.
5. Actions 50% faster sounds a little bullsh*t, how about 15%
6. Random tp, sounds like rng and instakilling to me...

Now for the good stuff.
1. Null field sounds neat.
2. Minions are a neat idea, kinda like a buffed first dungeon boss is how i see it.
3. Berserk mode is interesting also.

If you don't agree or I misinterpreted anything, please let me know and feel free to expand on any of these points. :) 

1st of all My English skill is kinda bad. Hope you can understand what i try to say.

-Yeah i think the perma death thing is kinda bad.
Maybe it special skill that always deal % health of player? (Like deal 30% of player health per projectile?).
- The heal minion i think i might phase it wrong so lets me explain, he is like weak ass mob that stand still for 5 sec doing nothing and after 5 sec of doing nothing his boss began to heal but he still stand still and yeah he is like 2-3 hit of health but he annoy because he fast
- your idea of attack minions is sound cool i like it.
- Yeah after some calculate 50% is a bit to much (it like make him go from running to blinking XDDDD) maybe make it start from 5% and inc to 20% at 5% of health (Like huskar from dota2)?.
- Random teleport but he will indicate that he will teleport (Like 2-3 sec so you can dodge and re-position) maybe like this?.

?

some art design
- heal minion | Look like hoodie cultist (Like cultist in "Enter the gungeon").
-Attack minion | A skelly guy that hold wooden sword in his hand.
-Tank minion | Dark purple blop.

Pixel art around next next week (10/20++/2018) if you guy have any suggest leave a comment ????

Update*

- i dont have free times as i think
- i move to new living place
- if everything is complete ill update

sorry for not update and no art.
ill clear myself and work on it asap.

On 10/3/2018 at 8:19 AM, BLUGTHEK said:

some art design
- heal minion | Look like hoodie cultist (Like cultist in "Enter the gungeon").
-Attack minion | A skelly guy that hold wooden sword in his hand.
-Tank minion | Dark purple blop.

Pixel art around next next week (10/20++/2018) if you guy have any suggest leave a comment ????

I love the original concept! That would make such a cool raid boss - the idea of having minions with different abilities and functions is super rad too. That would make him really distinctive from the other bosses in the game, especially since many of them don't use minions of their own. Thank you for drawing this and submitting it, I'll show it to the art team!