HH_katherine

Crafting Queues are coming, and we need your help!

Hello, Ancestors!

We have been listening carefully to your requests on the forums, and we hear your loud and clear: the process of crafting needs an overhaul. This is why we're excited to share three new prototypes with you - all showing off our new proposed Crafting UI menu. 

The first video walks you through our proposed user flow for Refining.

The second video shows how you can Dismantle items in our new UI.

And finally, the third menu shows off a feature that has been widely requested... the addition of a crafting queue. All craftsmen will now also be available on one centralized menu, which is a piece of feedback we have heard echoed across the community. Now that we have prototypes created for each, we need your input!

Please watch the video (pausing may be helpful to slow down any text on screen as we move through the process) and let us know if there's something that you would want changed - do you have an idea that would allow the user to skip a step? Conversely, are we moving in the right direction? Is this a change that you like?

We can't wait to read and review your feedback, and as always: thank you for your time.

Best,
-The Survived By Team

PS: Apologies for awkward formatting, the forums don't like when we put so many large videos in one post!

• Like 4

All three videos provided are the refining process video, might want to edit the post so that the other videos are available for viewing. 

20 minutes ago, Cothand said:

All three videos provided are the refining process video, might want to edit the post so that the other videos are available for viewing. 

Apologies, processing error! It's been updated now :).

I'd say that all of these mock-ups are pretty much a straight up upgrade compared to the current Crafting UI, I like the Tier list being listed on top horizontally and the queue system was MUCH needed, and from what I've seen, you guys seems to have plans to charge for more queue slots, which I'm fine with as long as we get at least enough slots per blacksmith, other than that, it looks good and promising !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now This is a proper interface, I like it! Let me recommend a few things though:

The charm fusing screen: (I haven't done too much charm crafting yet, so veteran players might see these things differently) The current demo involves a lot of clicking if you want to replace multiple charms to craft one something different from the autofilled type. (select one charm slot, (scroll if you need) select a different type, press back, ... repeat x times.) It would be much more comfortable if we could have some interaction between these 2 windows without closing and opening the second one.
For the sake of my example, let's say, there is no auto-fill (I will 'add it back into the mix' later.), so we start with 5 empty slots.
[1st video, 0:34 - ] "Refine" screen: clicking an empty slot opens the "Inventory screen" with the charms (as shown in the demo). Clicking on a charm adds it to one of the empty slots, but it keeps the inventory screen open. This way you can rapidly click 5 times to select your 5 charms instead of opening and closing the inventory window. Now if you want to switch an already added charm on the left screen, you can just click that slot (right click maybe? or whatever, it can have a 'remove charm' button next to it if it's more clear that way. or both.) and it will be removed, emptying a slot for a different charm, that you can add easily from the inventory screen that's still open on the right side. To make the charm switching process more intuitive, it could have a drag-and-drop system too, which would allow players to pick up charms from the inventory and with a single gesture replace an already selected charm with it. Or drag an already selected charm from the refineme window and drop on the inventory screen to empty the selected slot.
So adding back the auto-fill (that I don't feel necessary, but not bad either) will make the "5 quick clicks to select all I need" method a bit less effective (as we don't have 5 empty slots at the start), but with the drag and drop system I could replace the 5 charms really easily if the auto-fill is guessig the desired charm types wrong.

The crafting screen: [3rd video, 0:32 - ]
In most of the crafting recipes there are ingredients that are also craftable themselves. Eg. enriched cloth and stuff like that. It would be nice if those ingredients were clickable on the item crafting screen and they would redirect the player to the refine -> materials window with that specific craftable item selected. This way I could do "Oh, I need one more enriched whatever, let's press this button, and start crafting it." instead of "Oh, I need one more enriched whatever, let's close this window, navigate to the material crafting screen, select the tier (wait, which tier was this again?), scroll dow to this material, and now finally I can craft it".

Also with the longer crafting times of higher tier items, we should have an option to add and remove items from the queue while the crafting is on. If I need 6 of X item, each taking 5 minutes to craft, and I accidentally add 6 of Y item instead, it would be nice to have a way to remove 5 (or less) items from the queue (the 6th is being crafted already), instead of waiting a half hour or paying premium currency for stuff I don't even need. It could work like a cancel button, returning the resources that were used up for adding them to the queue. Also it could work in the other way too, adding more of the same item to the queue while one is currently being crafted.

I appreciate the efforts, the nice demo-videos, and the inclusion of players this early on. Great work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will this affect time to craft, or cost in electrum to skip crafting?

New interface is looking good!

• Thanks 1

This new interface looks good, and being able to queue is really nice. Seems very promising =D

On 10/26/2018 at 10:57 PM, HH_katherine said:

We can't wait to read and review your feedback, and as always: thank you for your time

It's will be good if we can use the result of an task to start another task.

I mean imagine if i have 100 raw resine.

I don't have any amber.

So i start a task to craft 20 amber

So i have an task to craft 20 amber but i don't have amber for now.

It's will be cool if i can make a task to craft 4 enriched amber.

And if i cancel the task to craft the amber .. it's cancel the task to craft the enriched amber (or just make cancel every tasks after the canceled task)

Edited by Wind_Blade

On 10/26/2018 at 9:05 PM, Michaell said:

Will this affect time to craft, or cost in electrum to skip crafting?

New interface is looking good!

It will affect crafting time for tiers 3, 5, and 8! We have taken a balance pass on crafting and will be adjusting times accordingly with the introduction of the queue. The Electrum cost associated with skipping crafting will also be impacted accordingly in Tier 3, 5, and 8.

Thank you all for the positive feedback on the new UI, we're really excited about creating a more streamlined flow through crafting!