hh_katherine

Changes to Electrum Pack Pricing Incoming

We’re making changes to the content and pricing of Electrum Packs as we approach Steam Early Access and Open Beta.

Upon launching in Steam Early Access, the plan is to change the 650 Electrum pack to contain 500 Electrum instead. The price will stay the same.

There are many reasons for this change. Firstly, we wanted to reward Ancestors who were playing during Closed Beta and thank them for their support with larger amounts of Electrum for their money. Secondly, as part of launching in Early Access, we will be distributing 150 promotional Electrum to every Ancestor! Use this Electrum to kickstart your adventure in the Heartlands and begin building your legacy.

When accounts are reset for Open Beta, you will receive the amount of Electrum you purchased, regardless of the price change. So if you purchased the 650 Electrum Pack during Closed Beta, you will receive 650 Electrum once Open Beta begins.

If you have any additional questions about the change and what it means for you, don’t hesitate to ask them in this thread!

Does the value of the other packs change? Or just the cheapest one

And can you hint us with open beta release date? ;)

Also is there going to be any sales soon? 🤔

Edited by Ssslither

Just now, Ssslither said:

Does the value of the other packs change? Or just the cheapest one

And can you hint us with open beta release date? ;)

Only the lowest one will be impacted! I can't say anything about the Early Access release date yet, but can't wait to share more with everyone.

• Like 1

The free 150 electrum is great. 😃

For the open beta, I strongly recomand to wait after the rework of the crafting system and probably a balance/rework of the classes. The craft right now looks to much like a mobile P2W feature and may scare the players. And the classes balance doesn't feel good (at first glance: why play something other than harbinger?)

My point is: nowaday triple A games use this term to put demos of their games, and so for a lot of player it means "demo of a almost finished product", and you risk that a good part of the steam comunity that will have access it will look at is as such, and may  downvote it, hurting the visibility of the game. 

Anyway, it's just my opinion, and you probably thought about all of that, but I love the concept of your game and would hate to see the game faill because of that (a lot of bad review early one can really hurt a game).

In an other topic, does the account reset will reset the ancestor name? My forum name and my ancestor name ain't the same and I'd like to correct that. ^^'

5 hours ago, Gerard_le_crabe said:

In an other topic, does the account reset will reset the ancestor name? My forum name and my ancestor name ain't the same and I'd like to correct that. ^^'

house names do reset

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, HH_katherine said:

Yep! Map data will reset too - it'll be a big one, folks!

It didnt reset last time you guys wiped, but i guess its different now that we go from a closed to open beta.cool tho

On 11/20/2018 at 6:46 PM, Gerard_le_crabe said:

The free 150 electrum is great. 😃

For the open beta, I strongly recomand to wait after the rework of the crafting system and probably a balance/rework of the classes. The craft right now looks to much like a mobile P2W feature and may scare the players. And the classes balance doesn't feel good (at first glance: why play something other than harbinger?)

My point is: nowaday triple A games use this term to put demos of their games, and so for a lot of player it means "demo of a almost finished product", and you risk that a good part of the steam comunity that will have access it will look at is as such, and may  downvote it, hurting the visibility of the game. 

Anyway, it's just my opinion, and you probably thought about all of that, but I love the concept of your game and would hate to see the game faill because of that (a lot of bad review early one can really hurt a game).

This dude hit the nail on the head. As of right now the P2W amongst gaming is receiving heavy backlash, especially after blizzards screw up with diablo. The game obviously isnt a P2W but anything that even remotely resembles it will be shunned to the side quickly even if the allegations are false.

• Like 1

We're definitely cautious to make sure that we don't approach P2W - the crafting queue will be balanced fairly so that players can choose to use it if they wish, but it will not be critical for gameplay or hinder progression.

• Thanks 1