hh_katherine

Closed Beta Week 19 + 20 Patch Notes

NOTE: The quest to reach level 4 will not be completed until you "gain" a level. So, if you are level 25, this quest will not go away - if you are level 5, the quest will disappear at 6. 

Bounty scrolls will not drop until you have completed the "Reach Level 4" quest. 

Gameplay

•     There is now a single location for all Electrum purchases (referred to as the Store)
  •     Minor reduction in the damage done by T9 and T10 enemies
  •     Continued revisions to the intro quest, including a prerequisite quest to reach level 4 and a number of compass icons indicating critical NPCs once it's completed
  •     Tutorial will now provide guidance during the death equipment screen (Pass to Kin)
  •     Players are now limited to posting one item to each auction house (Bloodstone Auction, Gear Auction, Item Auction)
  •     Players can purchase Expanded Posting Licenses to increase the number of items they can post power auction house. The expanded licenses are shared across all auction houses and are purchased 1 at a time to increase the number of items players can post by 1 per Auction House
  •     When purchasing an item from an Auction House, the item is immediately added to inventory rather than sent to the mail
  •     Skins that cannot be dyed can no longer be purchased
  •     Dungeon warnings should now appear before a key is consumed
  •     Cowardice debuff removed from boss fights for T1 through T5
  •     There is now a hard limit of 150 seconds for the Well, after which the player character will be killed
  •     The player that used their key to open a dungeon will now automatically be taken into the dungeon
  •     Attack pattern for the Elite Stone Elemental have been revised
  •     Attack and movement pattern for all cyclones have been revised
  •     New target dummies have been added to the Tower that are set to specific enemy types
  •     The placement of the Captain of the Guard has changed to make him more difficult to miss
  •     Shark chimera in T6 now have appropriate stats
  •     Expert and Versatile suffixes now impact the appropriate stats
  •     Reduced the health of the Kraken, but increased the health of the Kraken tentacles
  •     The Lava spirits around the Escalate Islands not longer have 20x the health they should
  •     Fixed a bug where the Challenge Board would not unlock properly after completing the intro quest
  •     Fixed a bug where Tempering Oil was not providing the correct XP bonus
  •     Fixed a bug where changing the lowest price on an auction house also adjusted the buyout price
  •     Fixed a bug where navigation in an auction house was reversed
  •     Fixed a bug where the Keeper of Records would still charge you Electrum even if you didn't change your name
  •     Fixed a bug where there was a small change of obtaining more than once Ancestral Legacy when purchasing one
  •     Fixed a bug where items were reverting back to previous states
  •     Fixed a bug where players were still experiencing earthquakes in the tutorial when other player characters died
  •     Fixed a bug where player character were sent to the void when logging out in the Terrace
  •     Fixed a bug where in game chat wasn't always working
  •     Fixed a bug where title changes were not working
  •     Fixed a bug where the profanity filter was blocking names too aggressively
  •     Fixed a bug where dungeon exit portals were spawning too close to dangerous ground tiles
  •     Fixed a bug where a 400 error could appear when creating a new character
  •     Fixed a bug where bounty scrolls would stop dropping after a time
  •     Fixed a bug where Embers and Remnant rewards listed as 100% were not dropping all the time
  •     Fixed a bug where dismantling an item could result in a broken resource being awarded
  •     Fixed a bug where using 5 imprints did not guarantee an imprinted item

Visuals

•     Added a number of new skins to all classes
  •     The skins that were once associated with the Sin event are now always available
  •     Updated the visuals on the purchase Ancestral Legacy screen to be more consistent
  •     Added an exclamation mark over the mailbox when the player has new mail
  •     The art for dangerous chests has been updated
  •     Text for imprints has been updated
  •     Fixed a bug where the Harbinger Witness skin was not properly dyeable
  •     Fixed a bug where the compass icon for the Abandoned Storage Cavern was always on
  •     Fixed a bug where dungeon compass icons didn't match the dungeon entrances
  •     Fixed a bug where the Relic UI was breaking when opened from the Inventory UI
  •     Fixed a bug where "New Text" appeared at the center of the map when speaking to the Cartographer
  •     Fixed a bug where the house name was incorrect in the choose Ancestral Legacy UI during character create
  •     Fixed a bug where the craftsmen anvils were not displayed properly
  •     Fixed a bug where there were gaps where road met fissure
  •     Fixed a bug where lizard chimer did not have death gibs

I am really worried about the max time in the well and the auction house changes. To start, limiting a player to a single post in each auction house reduces the chance for any sort of player economy. And then further locking more posting slots behind Electrum adds in another paywall that does not need to be in the game. Moving on to the well, I understand that there are challenges with how much valr players are able to get within a single run and that issue needs to be adjusted. I don't think that putting a cap on how long a player can survive fixes that issue in a way that still leaves gameplay fun and enjoyable. There are other options like reducing valr gained per kill that still reward players for having the skill to survive in a place that should be really hard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matthew_Unsung said:

I am really worried about the max time in the well and the auction house changes. To start, limiting a player to a single post in each auction house reduces the chance for any sort of player economy. And then further locking more posting slots behind Electrum adds in another paywall that does not need to be in the game. Moving on to the well, I understand that there are challenges with how much valr players are able to get within a single run and that issue needs to be adjusted. I don't think that putting a cap on how long a player can survive fixes that issue in a way that still leaves gameplay fun and enjoyable. There are other options like reducing valr gained per kill that still reward players for having the skill to survive in a place that should be really hard.

Hey there! I totally understand. Both of these changes are largely a result of anti-cheat measures and performance-improving value. For the Well, we want to prevent players from being able to abuse the system (with cheating tools or other methods) and stay in for too long - this creates the Valr issue you mentioned, and also has major performance impacts on the server as it must now load in all of the Well Wraiths being generated. The auction house is similar - the more items that are in the auction house, the more calls must be made to the server, which places more stress on performance. In starting players off with the ability to post one item per auction house, this can prevent players who create new accounts and dupe items from being able to ruin the economy by filling the auction house with cheated items. Honest players who are more serious about auctioning and listing will be able to use Licenses to increase these capabilities.

All of that said, if these constraints are creating friction that is making the game unenjoyable or making content too inaccessible, it will absolutely be re-evaluated. This could mean reducing the price of licenses, increasing the baseline posting quantity, etc. Please let us know if you experience any of these things!

• Like 1

Auction House - I think that if the game becomes popular, your solution will only cause someone to write simple auction house site where plays can list their items and get a way of contacting each other to realize the trade in-game then. And with trade window missing in the game to realize safe trades, this will of course lead to scams, so in the end your support will have to deal with these. I think some restrictions are fine, but please, think everything twice and think about consequences before implementing something. Right now it doesn't matter but after launch some changes may be fatal.

Well - I like the attempt to limit it so players are incentivized to play very actively and risk by pulling more enemies and either dying faster or skillfully avoiding and killing more wraiths in order to deserve more Valr. This also means you need to let players know about the countdown and show remaining time + Valr in some more fancy and visible way. Also, it doesn't make sense to kill the character if he manages to survive for 150s. It just feels stupid. I would be fine with being killed by some crazy, but avoidable attack or series of more and more intensive attacks, but dying just by scripted timer? I think it's bad decision and I don't like it. I'm also worrying if you somehow made the well more playable in this update because since you increased the range of AoE attacks, it's broken and unplayable.

Want simple change to make it both challenging, rewarding but limited to 150s?

Here is my suggestion:

I don't remember name of the big enemies at edges, so I will just call them BFG (Big F* Guy). Also remove all enemies from well, it starts empty; then remove the chains and create more room for running; players shouldn't be able to hide for longer time period, only shortly. And finally, decrease damage of wraiths and BFG. Fair damage to fairly geared player would be around 10% hp so one or two mistakes won't kill you, but multiple in row should.

1) phase 1 (30 seconds) - start spawning small wraith (100 Valr) in middle of map (random angle) every 2 seconds and make them follow player no matter the distance; wraith will first be transparent to indicate he is about to spawn and materializes (with some visual effect) after 1 second; if player is killing them faster and there is no wraith living, immediately spawn next wraith (out of the scheduled order) and reduce duration of phase 1 by 2 seconds (just to be clear, out of schedule means that one wraith spawns without affecting the natural timer, so theoretically total of 2 can spawn at nearly same time)

2) phase 2 (30 seconds) - same as phase 1 but with stronger wraiths (250 Valr)

3) phase 3 (30 seconds) - repeat phase 2 (but reduce wraith spawn to 1 second), add BFG to 4 corners of the room (every 10 seconds, random one of them fires the AoE, make sure this AoE is avoidable, there should be roughly 2/3 of projectiles they have now and should be slightly smaller); there is flashing effect in the direction of BFG 2 seconds before the attack (applies to all further phases); these BFG are not attacking in other ways then using it's patterns and can be "disabled" (killed, but in real the game will just make them invisible) for extra Valr (number of phase * 500); they will automatically revive (become visible) when it's their time to attack

4) phase 4 (30 seconds) - same as phase 3 but with strongest wraiths (500 Valr), random one BFG fires every 7 seconds

5) phase 5 (30 seconds) - repeat phase 4 (but reduce wraith spawn to 0.5 second), BFGs are now firing in groups: left 2 BFG fire, then 5 seconds nothing and then right 2 BFG fire

6) phase 6 (30 seconds) - same as phase 5, wraiths are now being spawned in groups of 3

7) phase 7 (endless) - repeat phase 6, BFGs are now all firing at once, every 5 seconds, this time gets decreased by 0.1 sec after every attack until the player dies:)

Perfect run length for maxed character? If lucky, slightly over 3 minutes:) I'm just average programmer but as you have all the tools you need, I think this is around 1 day of scripting (phases, simple countdown based attack patterns and adjusted rewards, health and damage) and testing.

What it means for players?

In case players can kill ALL enemies and even the BFG, they should get roughly:

phase 6 complete: 189,000 Valr
phase 5 complete: 89,000 Valr
phase 4 complete: 47,000 Valr
phase 3 complete: 24,000 Valr
phase 2 complete: 11,000 Valr
phase 1 complete: 3,500 Valr

I personally see this as well designed progression. New player on it's first visit of Well should be able to get around 2-3k Valr to get some basic upgrades and common legacies. After few deaths he should be getting around 10k Valr per death. More skilled and better geared (t7-t8) players would be able to get to phase 4 and around 50k Valr. And finally, t9/t10 players with full relics would be getting around 100k Valr and learn how to survive and get closer to the upper limits (200k). This feels fine as 1 death should be enough for such player to either try his luck and get new legacies, or upgrade 1 legacy to max level. So no more millions of Valr as it was before, but something way more balanced. Every death would still feel rewarding.

• Like 1

I believe you shoud definitely push the crafting que before you go into EA, crafting as it is now will only scare lots of players away forever.

29 minutes ago, Enable said:

I believe you shoud definitely push the crafting que before you go into EA, crafting as it is now will only scare lots of players away forever.

The crafting queue should be in our next update! We agree that it is definitely a priority.

9 minutes ago, HH_katherine said:

The crafting queue should be in our next update! We agree that it is definitely a priority.

Priority is to do anything to make Well playable again. It's broken for last two weeks and it doesn't look like anyone from the team noticed all the feedback about it when only change today was the timer to make sure player dies in 150s.

Crafting is also priority, but next in order, because queue won't save current crafting that has very little use, but functional Well is critical part of the game and player progression.

3 hours ago, HH_katherine said:

Nice! 😃

3 hours ago, DangerCZE said:

queue won't save current crafting that has very little use

I disagree, It would make the progression toward late game, as well as making a back up gear much easier, and would smooth the progression a lot (especially if the craft time become decent).

But I aggree the well situation is not okay, and a fix, even a temporary/quick and dirty one (like a reverting the well change and setting a time limit) should be done for the next patch.

The well is something else we want to address - I'll be scouting through the forums today and ticketing up Well feedback so we can get moving on a solution!