Mewmew

House Name woes

After being Mewmew here on the website, through the earliest of tests, through alpha and beta, after all that during the transition someone snagged it before I could get it as the game was going into EA.

I am thinking of trying "UtterlyBummed" as a house name from here on out.

I'm curious why testers didn't get a chance to transfer names or have more of an early warning the EA launch was coming.  This seems like it would have been the perfect time to send out email notices to let us know it was coming. 

I got a notice in email from Steam that it launched and immediately went there, but too late.

While I can't blame the person who took the house name I've had all this time for taking it as they were just following the rules, I'm really bummed that this is the way it was decided by the devs to move forward, in a way that made it easy for them to take it.  There seems to have been a notice in a post yesterday that it was coming right before it did, but this was big news and a huge shift.  It would have been nice to have more of a heads up or a chance to somehow keep our names. 

Yes, I'm probably being a baby, but after having the name so long and losing out because of what I feel were bad decisions on how to do it moving into the EA launch, it's entirely possible I may just not play.  I haven't really decided yet.  I will probably get over it and just pick another name, but being so let down at the moment it won't be right off.

So anyway if you knew me from the game from any point in time or from around here, the Mewmew in game now won't be me anymore.

Yea, it sucks. I'm the other way around. There is already a Michael on the forum, but I've always had Michael in game! Haha.

Nothing you can do unless another wipe happens, you know?

Testers did get a chance yesterday to get the house name they wanted before the early access on steam. im 100% sure i saw it somewhere because i logged on immediately to get the name i wanted :P

Edited by Cutie
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cutie said:

Testers did get a chance yesterday to get the house name they wanted before the early access on steam. im 100% sure i saw it somewhere because i logged on immediately to get the name i wanted :P

Yes, but another EEA participant such as ourselves, took his name.

3 hours ago, Mewmew said:

After being Mewmew here on the website, through the earliest of tests, through alpha and beta, after all that during the transition someone snagged it before I could get it as the game was going into EA.

I am thinking of trying "UtterlyBummed" as a house name from here on out.

I'm curious why testers didn't get a chance to transfer names or have more of an early warning the EA launch was coming.  This seems like it would have been the perfect time to send out email notices to let us know it was coming. 

I got a notice in email from Steam that it launched and immediately went there, but too late.

While I can't blame the person who took the house name I've had all this time for taking it as they were just following the rules, I'm really bummed that this is the way it was decided by the devs to move forward, in a way that made it easy for them to take it.  There seems to have been a notice in a post yesterday that it was coming right before it did, but this was big news and a huge shift.  It would have been nice to have more of a heads up or a chance to somehow keep our names. 

Yes, I'm probably being a baby, but after having the name so long and losing out because of what I feel were bad decisions on how to do it moving into the EA launch, it's entirely possible I may just not play.  I haven't really decided yet.  I will probably get over it and just pick another name, but being so let down at the moment it won't be right off.

So anyway if you knew me from the game from any point in time or from around here, the Mewmew in game now won't be me anymore.

Hey there Mewmew! The period between yesterday and our big public announcement (coming soon) was our planned window for Alpha /Beta Testers to have an exclusive opportunity to grab house names before we announce to a larger audience. (We haven't technically hit "Early Access" yet, we're still in the "early early" phase.) I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your house name though, it doesn't seem like an extremely common word or phrase so I'm surprised it was claimed so quickly. I don't see a House name currently listed for you, so please let me know if there is another name you'd like to claim - I'm also happy to reach out to the person who took it and ask if they'd be open to switching!

I definitely want you to like your house name, so please send me a DM and let me know - typically reaching out isn't something we'd do, but this seems like a special case.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:46 PM, Cutie said:

Only if you happened to have logged onto the forum to see the note within that one day...  I'm signed up for email info, it would have been a great opportunity for a warning email that this was coming!  And yeah, I didn't happen to check the forum that day.

I was just venting wishing we could have carried over our names we were using, it's my account name and everything.  I in no way was blaming the person who picked the name, as again they were just following the rules as they were set out. 

New people doing new accounts seem to automatically get their account name set as their House name.  It would have been nice if it had been permanently linked to our accounts or something.  I realize that it's past the time where something could have been done about it, I guess besides the venting of it it's more of a "it would be great to do this differently in the future" type of thing as well.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:57 PM, HH_katherine said:

Hey there Mewmew! The period between yesterday and our big public announcement (coming soon) was our planned window for Alpha /Beta Testers to have an exclusive opportunity to grab house names before we announce to a larger audience. (We haven't technically hit "Early Access" yet, we're still in the "early early" phase.) I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your house name though, it doesn't seem like an extremely common word or phrase so I'm surprised it was claimed so quickly. I don't see a House name currently listed for you, so please let me know if there is another name you'd like to claim - I'm also happy to reach out to the person who took it and ask if they'd be open to switching!

I definitely want you to like your house name, so please send me a DM and let me know - typically reaching out isn't something we'd do, but this seems like a special case.

I did go into the game to test something about house name creation, so I entered the game now, and it's basically something I can live with.  If the other person is going to be an active player that's great and they simply beat me to it at the reset, though there also may be options there.  And yeah it was sort of weird for it to go that fast :D

About the possibility of those options, I'll send that DM to you about it :D

ive been working many hours so i havent been able to play much. i didnt know launch came out until today(early access) everyone from beta should have been able to keep their house names no ifs ands or buts. I am Suicide. i want my house name ;-; it wont let me have it

On 12/8/2018 at 2:32 AM, SuicideWind said:

ive been working many hours so i havent been able to play much. i didnt know launch came out until today(early access) everyone from beta should have been able to keep their house names no ifs ands or buts. I am Suicide. i want my house name ;-; it wont let me have it

We wanted to reset to be fair to all players, as there were plenty of somewhat inactive accounts that had very popular usernames - our preview window gave Alpha/Beta players a special opportunity to grab a new one or their old one. I do feel bad that several folks weren't able to get theirs the second time around - this should be the last reset, so we can look into a system for players to have another shot an house names if the account isn't active.