Sign in to follow this  
DangerCZE

[Urgent] Join Friend's Server

With a lot of people coming to the game and servers crowded, players will want to play together and you will need some way to put them into same server without going into menu, changing server, logging in again and entering the world (while needing to communicate what server is everyone on).

So the suggestion is to add button at the end of line in friend list that will show you one of states:

[1] - Icon indicating you are on same server.

[2] - Button letting you to connect to friend's server.

Additionally, there should be option in server settings to automatically connect to server with most of your friends online.

This would be temporary and quick solution. Eventually you will need some instancing to let players play together without worrying about server limit.

• Like 2

Hey there! We definitely want to expand this - in Beta we had the option on Server select to hop into a friend's server, but it wasn't always reliable. We've disabled it for now and are working on making improvements to the system so we can re-implement it :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I came to suggest something similar to what Danger said, except my suggestion is just indicating what server people are on in your friends list. The first couple of days I made a lot of friends, fun and friendly people, but I haven't seen them since, and I think its because we're always on different servers. If there was just something under their name that said something like "NA 1" or something like that, even something small like that would be so great. Since I don't know whether they're online, offline, or just in a different server, so I'm stuck playing alone most of the time. Anyway, would love to see something like this, still enjoying the game even on my own.

11 hours ago, Neien said:

I came to suggest something similar to what Danger said, except my suggestion is just indicating what server people are on in your friends list. The first couple of days I made a lot of friends, fun and friendly people, but I haven't seen them since, and I think its because we're always on different servers. If there was just something under their name that said something like "NA 1" or something like that, even something small like that would be so great. Since I don't know whether they're online, offline, or just in a different server, so I'm stuck playing alone most of the time. Anyway, would love to see something like this, still enjoying the game even on my own.

That's a good idea! I'll pass it along and see if we have the tech set up for something like that. Making sure that you're able to find your other friends will increase in importance as we draw nearer to our guild/party updates.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:41 AM, Neien said:

Yea, that would be nice. It's how I meant it too with the button. But if it was easier to implement, it doesn't even have to be a button. Just server name as you suggested would be good enough:)

• Thanks 1