Sign in to follow this  
Zestygoobs

Hard Mode keys

This will probably be frowned upon by some, but honestly, T9 keys are way to available. Its not even 5 days in and T9 gear is already just as available as t4/t5. Either increase the cost of hardmode keys from the vendor to 100-150 bloodstone or remove them and give a reason to craft the keys. I have about 80 skeleton keys and don't see myself ever using them. 15 bloodstones is so cheap, I'm already up to 12k bloodstone. If you either increase the price/remove the key which will force people to actually have to craft, thus increasing the price on the AH. Everything is already going down to dirt cheap here soon and that's not good during the first week, It means the items are to easy to get. Its all about longevity, Give the people a reason to have to using the crafting.

I think this really needs to be addressed. Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Seconded. Unless t15+ gear gets introduced in the nearby future and t9 becomes mid-tier equipment, current near - end game equipment is too accessible. 

Spoiler

Yeah unless they find a way to take gear out of the game, then we'll have a problem where everything will be dirt cheap because its so easy to get. Being able to save your gear and having hard mode keys be so accessible the market will be worthless and so will currency exchange. As I stated in my other post, I believe they need to remove being able to save your gear and making T9 keys harder to get. 

I think the dungeons are too easy right now, having keys take longer would make a lot of sense if the dungeon itself took more time.

This is caused by economy being injected with tons of bs. Only the top players are accumulating, I think 98% players will have hard time if cost gets increased. And for the top players the price change won't change much anyway as they can already craft them at intended prices. Prices should automatically get down to the intended levels as players won't have much bs left and the top players won't buy at inflated prices.

I think only change needed for hard modes is to make the dungeon hub faster to get to and connect it through path to the stairs so we don't have to walk around all the time.

I agree that a little bit of damage has been done to the economy but keeping it the way it is will only further ruin it down the road, Nothing will be worth of value due to the spam of keys. The main player base hasn't even gotten to the T9 keys yet. once they do you'll be seeing 20-50 items of t9 posted daily, They will be worth peanuts and they are already heading in that direction. Look at rotmg for example, a similar game. The best gear is worth a lot, but the gear before the best was still worth using such as t8 and t9, why? because it was good gear and you didn't see a huge amount of it dropping constantly, it was uncommon or rare. T9 is almost the best gear, It doesn't feel great to find the almost best gear, but hey just me, Everyone is different.

Hey there - this is a really interesting point. I'll pass this along to the folks who do more with our in-game economy, but generally we want to make sure that, even though it's a largely player-driven economy, we're giving appropriate value to what's in game. If Hard Mode dungeon keys and other endgame items are accessible to a fault, that's something worth looking at. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll make sure this is flagged for review. Really appreciate your time!