Sign in to follow this  
DangerCZE

Premium inventory tabs for various item types

I really like how Path of Exile handled inventory issues. So how about sell players special kinds of inventory tabs that automatically manage some types of materials and support way bigger stacks (like 5000)?

- Catalyst Tab

- Relic Tab

- Imprint Tab

- Material Tab

- Charm Tab

It would mean to create some special kind of database for these and give players ability to convert them from/to classic inventory.

But it would also allow players use inventory/vault mostly for equipment, not for tons of materials and make these materials account-wide. I am personally now using 6 character slots (100 inventory slots each) just to store it all and it's barely enough. Not mentioning the need of re-logging each time.

Edited by DangerCZE

49 minutes ago, DangerCZE said:

I really like how Path of Exile handled inventory issues. So how about sell players special kinds of inventory tabs that automatically manage some types of materials and support way bigger stacks (like 5000)?

- Catalyst Tab

- Relic Tab

- Imprint Tab

- Material Tab

- Charm Tab

It would mean to create some special kind of database for these and give players ability to convert them from/to classic inventory.

But it would also allow players use inventory/vault mostly for equipment, not for tons of materials and make these materials account-wide. I am personally now using 6 character slots (100 inventory slots each) just to store it all and it's barely enough. Not mentioning the need of re-logging each time.

With games like ROTMG or SurvivedBy, what you are suggesting is not viable due to the nature of the game, hoarding isn't supposed to be motivated in these kinda games, though i understand your dilemma being a fellow hoarder myself ^^

Just now, TermsOfService said:

With games like ROTMG or SurvivedBy, what you are suggesting is not viable due to the nature of the game, hoarding isn't supposed to be motivated in these kinda games, though i understand your dilemma being a fellow hoarder myself ^^

SB is obviously very different from ROTMG and way more friendly when it comes to space management, item stacking etc... so I see it very viable due to nature of the game. SB is built around hoarding and crafting, forcing you to have multiple sets of equipment because they have level requirement. Also relics and other stuff. And adding such kind of inventory tabs would be perfect source of income for developers. It offers comfort, no combat advantage.

• Like 1

Just now, DangerCZE said:

SB is obviously very different from ROTMG and way more friendly when it comes to space management, item stacking etc... so I see it very viable due to nature of the game. SB is built around hoarding and crafting, forcing you to have multiple sets of equipment because they have level requirement. Also relics and other stuff. And adding such kind of inventory tabs would be perfect source of income for developers. It offers comfort, no combat advantage.

I think SurvivedBy is more focused around crafting constantly rather than actually hoarding A LOT. I'm just saying that if the game was as dedicated to hoarding as you suggest it is, it would have had more than 100 vault spaces at max capacity.

You have to admit that in order to craft you need to hoard 🙂 So you have some resources to craft with. And actually the game was designed that it allows players to have tons of slots. If you unlocked 100 slots, every next character (for 600 electrum) has them too. I'm personally managing over 800 slots right now.

Youre not alone - the ability to sort inventory (or at least have like-items sort together automatically) has been requested by quite a few players. I've put in a ticket for it and hope to see progress soon :)