Sign in to follow this  
DangerCZE

Tier 10 (Raid) - When supposed endgame is less rewarding than T9

After finishing T10 maybe 30 times I can say that combat is great but for very long time already it lacks proper rewards. In T9 you get relics, silver, equipment, keys and dangerous chests with materials. In T10 you get relics. I'm not counting catalysts because they are material that just takes too much space in inventory/vault and not worth looting more than few times.

In T10 there is no Silver (not counting small pieces from mobs), no equipment, no chests, pretty much no reason to repeat it. And very often even with all drop rate buffs you get absolutely nothing. I understand this from mini bosses, but final boss too?

My suggestions to make T10 more enjoyable and motivate players to clear it instead of rushing.

- as you are already able to say when room of enemies is cleared (to help you, it's the moment when you disable spawn for that room), you can easily add extra line of code that spawns special chest at the place where last enemy of that room was killed. Let's say there will be 30% chance to spawn chest (drops Silver, it can also be source of your new "mark of kin" item you revealed yesterday and T9 materials), or you can even preset these rooms (that will spawn it) when instance is spawned. Additionally as motivation to players - if they fully clear all rooms on the shortest (direct) way to final boss, the final boss will also drop elite chest after being killed. This chest drops a lot of Silver, guaranteed mark of kin and T10 material(s).

- first mini-boss is joke while second mini-boss is tougher than should be. Adjust their HP by +100% for first and -50% for second.

- higher difficulties of Conduit of Fire should have walls (or even some traps on floor), so players are forced to clear it out and have issues when returning from dead end instead of just running back through lava

Edited by DangerCZE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good stuff - thank you Danger! We want raids to feel sufficiently challenging, so the fact that our mini-bosses might not have stats to reflect that seems like an easy and important change. I do like the idea of blocking players from crossing lava too - collision would be cool, or maybe we could just make lava deal more damage. But! That first point is really interesting too - for now, we always try to make sure that dead ends in our dungeons contain a dangerous chest or altar. This is a similar concept but yours comes with an increased reward that would make dead ends much less frustrating.

Great stuff as always, please keep the raid feedback coming!

• Like 2