Ploid

Analog (WASD) feels so good with this game + also Quad Shot is amazing.

On keyboard and mouse I felt like I was paying way too much attention to WASD than the screen which made things awkward when I would get caught up on environment pegs and blocks. Then I set up my steam controller and added a cursor visibility app I frequently use for games like Diablo 3, and Path of Exile, something that lets me always clearly see the cursor with a lot of stuff going on in the screen (Yolo Mouse). Match made in heaven for me. When it comes to movement I always think a analog is great vs WASD though. The touchpad is something I'm very used to when it comes to steam controller and it's haptic feedback simulating a trackball, then add the customization thanks to Steam Input. It's just amazing for playing with what makes you feel right at home, especially when a game changing item is on the line. I don't know what I'd do if I don't get a backup for this weapon soon. I can't go back to pew pewing.

https://youtu.be/Ai9e1sIlmfI (I don't know how to embed).

If you have a steam controller here is my setup.  With the PS4 controller there's a touch pad that you can use for menu and things like UI manipulation like I showed in the video, but it'll be dual analogs for combat, which isn't much different, touch pad just lets me aim my Alchemist acid better I think. It auto hits the first enemy it reach anyway but if you want to strategically place it on a future choke point where no enemy or wall is located it may be tough.

GZEOEpo.jpg

• Thanks 1

The beauty of Steam Input is the things that aren't finished or in a good place can be adjusted with mouse + keyboard buttons assigned to the controller with the crazy amount of customization that's possible with it (activators, action layers, touch menus, custom icons on said touch or radial menus). Mouse control for menu will be slow with just analog but it's doable. I used to play Civilization games with a Dual Shock 2, not good for middle of combat menu stuff though.

Attempt two of my failed video example embed.

• Thanks 1

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing the video - we're working a lot on keybindings right now so it's cool to see what seems to be most compatible right now.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 10:01 PM, quipham said:

Trying to set up DS4 controller. But not work .... The others game is okay 

Try launching the game while you're in Steam Big Picture mode (the square icon in the upper right of the steam app). When the game is launched see if you can bring up Steam Overlay with the Playstation button. Oh also make sure Steam Overlay is enabled in the seam settings.

After bringing up the overlay pick Controller Configuration. Now change the buttons to mouse and keyboard buttons. Left analog = WASD for example. The middle touch pad should be mouse, you could also try right analog as mouse (I used to play Civilization 4 with a dual shock 3). On top of that you can also set it up so that when you're firing bullets the right analog turns into mouse region. This effectually turns it into a twin-stick shooter.

For Mouse Region make the region a bit small, I should actually make mine a bit smaller. To try to get you to understand what mouse region is, just in case you don't know I took screen shots of the description that Steam uses, and I enabled controller HUD (steam overlay feature). That circle is my mouse region. so no matter how little or how much I move from neutral I'll be aiming in that direction. I'm not sure if it will work for a analog with how it's saying pad in the description though. hmm

11111itled.jpg

Edited by Ploid
  • Thanks 1