Sign in to follow this  
SpectreKP

Enchant/Imprint Greatly weakened me

I'm not really sure if it's a bug or not, but I crafted a t7 weapon to replace my t6 and I used an Imprint on it for long range Ricochet. I did this for my Sentinel since the ward and the tankiness has done me good despite the stupidly inconsistent Crit problem that none of the other classes seem to suffer.

What I immediately noticed was that my t7 Ended up with two Imprints and I thought that would be pretty awesome since I got one for free on top of my 20% chance to get the one I wanted... but then I started using it and I was... very dumbfounded to find that my nearly 5k crits dropped down to 1.8k crits despite the fact that my stats are way higher. All of my gear was upgraded and I have a bunch of t7 and even a couple t8 and my damage dropped by over half with this imprint which is... ridiculous to think about and is pretty bad considering the Sentinel STILL can't 100% crit enemies that are way weaker than it.

So... do some imprints just greatly weaken your character? because if they do then that's honestly quite a shame since I was really looking forward to using imprints since they're so freaking hard to get. And again, this really messes my character up despite the AoE since Sentinel crits seem to work a lot different from every other class. Which is also a shame since mine currently has a 9x modifier on them.

yey.png

Most imprints modify your basic attack dmg.

In this case, long ricochet greatly weakens it, in trade for long range and homing projectile bounce.

Simply reroll prefix to fix It.

Ugh, that's garbage. Regular piercing or at least Piercing wave which could be considered a worse version of this, at least in my eyes doesn't seem to do that... at least not too noticably. 

I saw a thing back from June that said Long range Ricochet was essentially in the ball park for being some of the best imprints, But I'm not sure range and homing AoE is worth losing over half your damage for vs something like Fragment's Massive range boost and cone or rapid fire which would make sense to have weaker projectiles to put more on the screen. And I mean... anything that takes away more than 40% of your damage probably isn't worth it unless the perks make up for it.

Either way, I can't reroll it right now since I spent all my Silver making it, 9k + Crafting material costs.