Zestygoobs

almost 1 month feedback :)

Recap: We’re about 1 month into the game and unfortunately due to the poor timing of release it feels like little has been done up to this point ( harsh I know sorry :( ). The game was announced on game awards which drew in thousands of players only to break the game for about 1 week. After a week the servers stabilized after most of the players who joined left and many server adjustments. Following the next 2 weeks we’ve received some minor improvements to further help fix the servers issues and combat duping (darn rascals). The christmas event came and I think it was very enjoyable and implemented wonderfully, No complaints from me. Now comes along christmas and new years where  the developers go on vacation which is to be expected. We’re all humans and deserve time off with family for the holidays, I’ve been off work for about a month myself. They come back the 2nd. I hope they had a wonderful time off and sorry about what incident that happened during it >:( Recap done.

Intro: Continuing on always I honestly love the game I’m really enjoying it, I currently run a guild that is pretty big in size, about 70-80 members currently and we consistently discuss the state of the game, The positives and the negatives. I just want to take what my guild members and I discuss regularly and put it into some quick feedback/suggestions since were about  1 month into the game.

We have the invasions coming up sometime in the next couple weeks which look really awesome, but I feel like releasing invasions will be a mistake with limited manpower. Every hotfix/change usually breaks something else, We currently have some pretty big bugs still lingering around the game, Friends lists don’t work, Potions don’t stay, vaults wiping, crafting being broken...etc. I can’t imagine if we release invasions what might happen, and even if everything comes out of the gate and everything else seems to be fine, I’m sure they’ll have some kind of  issue with the invasions that needs to be addressed. This will be another week or 2 of not looking at existing problems. The team is small I don’t know what anybody's roll is and who works on what, but with the past month and how much work their already is to do, I afraid invasions might do more harm than good to the current state. I think focusing on the already existing end game and systems in place are far more important. Crafting, Potions, bloodstones, t9’s and t10’s. The player base and developers already know these are issues and I’m sure have been already working hard on figuring out the issues, but I think all the attention needs to be focused on fixing these issues right now before they linger on any longer. Its driving away the already small population the game has.

I just want to make it very clear that changes/fixes to this game are not a click of a button, I get that. It takes time and work hard. I understand that fixing a problem or implementing a hotfix can easily cause another issue to occur, It happens.

Onto my suggestions

1. First and biggest issue currently is with bloodstone, This has been brought up time and time again. Many of my guild members that have quit the game or struggle to play have told me time and time again, “Zesty I just don’t have bloodstone to buy HP potions to do any content. I have done  all the quests I can for today” “I have tried to farm chests but its very slow”. Instead of changing anything dramatic to fix this, Please just increase the board quests from giving freakin 2-3 to like 50-100. This will give players many more options and prevent people from quitting. The auction house will be much more active because majority of the player base will actually have some currency to spend each day.  I think it needs to be at least 50 bloodstone minimum, They reset every 8 hours. The supply of bloodstone is like 1% coming into the game and the demand is 99%. This needs to be fixed now. Not a few weeks from now.

2. Make lava and tar instantly hurt you. It should still start at 2-4 and keep doubling like it does, but you can cheese t10 and t9 in minutes by doing this. This would instantly make drops feel a little more rewarding by actually having to kill enemies.

3. Remove imprints from dismantling t1, I think this is a complete joke and has gone on far to long. Why are you able to get any and every imprint from dismantling an item for 15 silver. Sure its rng but do this for a day and you can get 20-40 imprints if you kept at it between runs. Remove this and force an item to actually be rewarding and rare to get them you run t9 or make them drop, or craftable for 2k silver and cloth and leather t5. 5 minute craft time, and make the imprint random on creation. Something a little harder to get. Everything is legit worthless currently when the AH is back up. Highest price is like 2k for a frag t10 which will eventually just keep dropping until something is done.

4. We all know that T9’s need to be gutted and redone, Attack patterns, Boss abilities, Rewards. T9/T3 hardmode takes mere minutes to complete for the biggest gain for time spent, The influence board shows this with boss kills. There is little reason besides the 1-2 runs for the relics to complete the other T9’s, and even they are a joke. You can just run through the enemies and not have to worry about ever dying, once you get to any boss you just run in a circle around them and they eventually die. We all know these are existing issues, but I think it'd be a mistake to wait until they eventually get fixed. I believe small adjustments could go a long way until the dev’s get around to making the adjustments they need for t9.

• Increase the rate of fire for enemies (Not entirely sure how this one would play out, I just think if the enemies fired more quickly you wouldn’t be able to skip every mob in the game.)

• As suggested above, make lava/Tar hurt you instantly(Skipping 80% of the map makes it boring and obviously ruins the intent of the dungeon)

• Make boss projectiles like 50% faster or something, 90% of the time I run t9’s I’m usually watching movie or youtube on my mother monitor because nothing is really dangerous once you have seen it a few times.

• Remove the dang rocks in front of the t7 boss

• Make t8 boss shot her purple and green bullets in every direction randomly and quicker.

• Everybody already hates t6, just remove the rocks and increase the HP of the tentacles and boss.

• Actually just increase the HP of mobs and bosses by like a lot.

• Make the amber in front of the T5 boss hurt you instantly as the lava and tar does, Standing in the amber just negates the whole fight.

(I could probably keep listing them but you get the jist)

1. T10 is a fun instance but like everything else in the game, You can just run through/past everything to the boss. Let's start with the first boss? It dies in about 0.001 seconds, Just increase the HP and damage by a good amount. Second boss is fine. Last boss is fine I suppose for a (easy) version of the raid. Add silver drops to t10, like 250 silver randomly off mobs or something.

2. If you add silver drops to t10 then  reduce t9 selling price to 5k and t8 to 3k or something. I believe that t10 should be the place to get silver, Not spam t9 for drops only to sell to the vendor. I’m sick of t9 just like everybody else…..

I know the team is small and you guys have been pushing out small hotfixes for server stability often and It's appreciated and great. The communication from Katherine is amazing. I may or may not have come off harsh but its out of love for the game. You guys really have a wonderful team but you guys need to send out some small quick fixes to the current content/game or you’ll lose even your dedicated players. The servers have been pretty stable as of late and I I think it's time to focus on the current content rather than invasions or bigger updates. Even if you don’t use any of my suggestions something has to happen when you guys are back from vacation and fast. People are leaving and the game feels pretty empty.

P.S a concerned player ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

" Please just increase the board quests from giving freakin 2-3 to like 50-100. This will give players many more options and prevent people from quitting. The auction house will be much more active because majority of the player base will actually have some currency to spend each day. "

You are missing the point here. If you rise bloodstone for quest suddenly everything on AH would jump in price. So that's not the fix. I think it would be nice to be able to buy HP pots for silver. I'm not even talking about the vaule of existing bloostone that players have, it would drop drastically.

Regarding point 3. U want to make imprints more rare, that would casue the price for imprints, gear etc. to be higher and u complained ealier about not being able to buy anything for Bloodstone beacuse you cant get enough of it.

" Remove the dang rocks in front of the t7 boss " this a bad idea. This boss shoots constantly in cricle. Removing rocks would grant no cover.

" Make the amber in front of the T5 boss hurt you instantly as the lava and tar does, Standing in the amber just negates the whole fight. " that would cause the whole fight to be just longer.

" Everybody already hates t6, just remove the rocks and increase the HP of the tentacles and boss. " People don't hate it because of kraken. People hate it because waters makes it so slow to move around and because of that t6 runs are pretty long for not much reward.

"Let's start with the first boss? It dies in about 0.001 seconds " how did u measure it?

" If you add silver drops to t10 then  reduce t9 selling price to 5k and t8 to 3k or something. I believe that t10 should be the place to get silver, Not spam t9 for drops only to sell to the vendor. I’m sick of t9 just like everybody else….. " What's wrong with silver? At the moment it's pretty useless (crafting and buying keys for normal modes). I would love to see some things for high silver pirce being added to the game.

" 9/T3 hardmode takes mere minutes to complete for the biggest gain for time spent, " I agree with that one. T3 is way too fast.

" Make t8 boss shot her purple and green bullets in every direction randomly and quicker.

" Actually just increase the HP of mobs and bosses by like a lot. "

" Make boss projectiles like 50% faster or something, 90% of the time I run t9’s I’m usually watching movie or youtube on my mother monitor because nothing is really dangerous once you have seen it a few times. "

So your idea to make boss fights harder is to make them more tanky and shoot faster? This idea is very shallow. Just make boss fights more complicated by adding to them more abilities that would make them more unpredictable.

• Like 1

@ChrissDive

" this a bad idea. This boss shoots constantly in cricle. Removing rocks would grant no cover. "

Make the rock move, pop up somewhere right before he goes to fire. There's a spot you can stand where you can hit the boss and it can't hit you. That is not very interactive.

" that would cause the whole fight to be just longer."

Good, and more difficult because you can't safe spot.

" So your idea to make boss fights harder is to make them more tanky and shoot faster? This idea is very shallow. Just make boss fights more complicated by adding to them more abilities that would make them more unpredictable. "

When i think of "bullet hell" I imagine more of a fight like the last one in undertale against flowy. Might just be me tho.

Edited by Sephos

When you have Vampiric or Rally heritage, top heritage, top equipment, a bunch of online can accompany your friends / guild members, of course you can think like this, regardless of the balance setting of other players, etc. or create a challenger mode There is no auxiliary at all (recovery potion / doubling / heritage level 1 / equipment primary without suffix), the monster must kill the player in the second, provide the top players to play. To some extent this game is eaten by the speed locust, and Ask for more food.
I am still looking for a recovery potion in the underground prison, no blood-sucking heritage, no top-loading (attacks are less than 500), solo T10 takes more than an hour, and it will not drop anything.

T9 hard, and even the device and KEY will not fall, causing other players to open the door. I have to spend 160% + 30% drop = 190% drop, 130% experience, 1 yuan to restore the potion to keep the speed of the dungeon? Sorry, I still have language barriers, pings are maintained at 150-250, there are three supporters to buy. The game is so delayed and still playing, so take care of the marginal characters and lonely players, and maintain the balance between top players and consumers. . (I am another stupid foreign player: >)

S.png

• Like 1

i get it that getting t10 items from t10 boss is not intended since you want actual end game gear to be harder to get than just rng drop. 

however t10 dungeon seems unrewarding, you could make t10 boss at lest drop t9 gear so that it isnt such an epic waste of time. 

after just some amount of t10 runs i have all relics and enough catalysts to supply me for my next crafts i do not see any reason at all to go back to t10.  that is odd that we are forced to spam t9 dungeons and be done with t10 after just few runs? 

isnt end game dungeon supposed to be our end game routine farm?

• Like 1

I agree with most of this.

My 2 cents.

Before you have followup the game is somewhat a little more difficult. Once you get followup and your first decent well run the game becomes farm status. T9s are kind of fun for a little but besides relics there isn't a point to run anything but t3 hardmode. The other ones are more fun but the risk vs reward isn't worth it. 

Interested to see more balance in the classes. Harb early on for wells seems the way to go. Inf bug build is just silly. Sent once you have a few cards is just op. Geo has great dps with the right build but the turrets seem clunky. I really want to like druid but the charge just kills it for me. I haven't even tried the alch.

I really like this game. I'm a huge diablo2 fan so i love the mindless killing and grinding for ages with the low chance of seeing a drop. I also love rotmg feel. Some of the areas remind me of tibia's art. I think this has great potential and look forward to what is to come.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ChrissDive said:

" Please just increase the board quests from giving freakin 2-3 to like 50-100. This will give players many more options and prevent people from quitting. The auction house will be much more active because majority of the player base will actually have some currency to spend each day. "

You are missing the point here. If you rise bloodstone for quest suddenly everything on AH would jump in price. So that's not the fix. I think it would be nice to be able to buy HP pots for silver. I'm not even talking about the vaule of existing bloostone that players have, it would drop drastically.

Regarding point 3. U want to make imprints more rare, that would casue the price for imprints, gear etc. to be higher and u complained ealier about not being able to buy anything for Bloodstone beacuse you cant get enough of it.

" Remove the dang rocks in front of the t7 boss " this a bad idea. This boss shoots constantly in cricle. Removing rocks would grant no cover.

" Make the amber in front of the T5 boss hurt you instantly as the lava and tar does, Standing in the amber just negates the whole fight. " that would cause the whole fight to be just longer.

" Everybody already hates t6, just remove the rocks and increase the HP of the tentacles and boss. " People don't hate it because of kraken. People hate it because waters makes it so slow to move around and because of that t6 runs are pretty long for not much reward.

"Let's start with the first boss? It dies in about 0.001 seconds " how did u measure it?

" If you add silver drops to t10 then  reduce t9 selling price to 5k and t8 to 3k or something. I believe that t10 should be the place to get silver, Not spam t9 for drops only to sell to the vendor. I’m sick of t9 just like everybody else….. " What's wrong with silver? At the moment it's pretty useless (crafting and buying keys for normal modes). I would love to see some things for high silver pirce being added to the game.

" 9/T3 hardmode takes mere minutes to complete for the biggest gain for time spent, " I agree with that one. T3 is way too fast.

" Make t8 boss shot her purple and green bullets in every direction randomly and quicker.

" Make boss projectiles like 50% faster or something, 90% of the time I run t9’s I’m usually watching movie or youtube on my mother monitor because nothing is really dangerous once you have seen it a few times. "

So your idea to make boss fights harder is to make them more tanky and shoot faster? This idea is very shallow. Just make boss fights more complicated by adding to them more abilities that would make them more unpredictable.

You miss a lot of my points unfortunately.

Lets try to further explain my logic behind these "temp" solutions that I have suggested. These are quick fixes until they completely redo many of the systems the game offers and stated that they will infact be revisiting many of the current systems/content. My point of this post was that they need to slightly adjust priorities "imo". It doesn't seem like you fully read my post. I could be mistaken.

1. I believe YOU are missing the point here my friend. You cannot add a currency where you get a total of 15 per 8 hours, for 99% of players, thats 15 per day. A simple key, or 3 hour buff is 20. Not including health potions which I could see them changing to silver, this seems fine to me. The prices of vendor items that sell for bloodstone don't match the output of bloodstonte the game gives you. They have already stated that this isn't currently enough and are aware of the issue. This is just a "quick" fix until they get around to fixing it as a whole.

2. Yes "I" would like to make imprints more rare, This is infact my post. This is why I posted it. I don't believe in rng bullshit such as buying an item for next to nothing only to be rewarded with an item that should feeling rewarding and rare to get. Might as well afk and farm out the best item I can craft because I spent 24 hours breaking down t1 items from the vendor. How is this rewarding and doesn't seem like an issue?

3. The boss fight is a complete joke, Might as well take a nap hiding behind the rock and slowly killing it. Why does this seem acceptable to you? Remove the rock and change the attack pattern so some sort of skill is involved? I don't think you should be rewarded for being able to kill a boss and not worry about death.

" Make the amber in front of the T5 boss hurt you instantly as the lava and tar does, Standing in the amber just negates the whole fight. " that would cause the whole fight to be just longer

4. I'm starting to think you just want things handed to you without any effort? oh boy gotta do the boss the way it was intended. Whats funny is you agree that you can complete t9 t3 to quickly. What?

5. I hate t6 because of the reduced movement personally, but boss is another joke and can be killed easily. I believe it needs to be buffed a little.

6. Really my man? Have you even completed t10? The Dryad? Do I even need to explain myself? Any end game player can back me up on this, A few shots and it dies. Its a t10 boss.....anyways....

7. If you believe silver is worthless then I pity the fool. I do agree I would love having more items to buy with silver. Silver is king. My point though was that t10 is very unrewarding. Just adding another reason to 'want" to do t10 over t9. Currently very little reason to do t10 after a few runs getting the relics.

8. Once again this proves you didn't read my post. These are "quick" changes UNTIL they get the time to look at and adjust/correct some of the content regarding bosses and dungeon difficulty. I am suggesting "semi" simple and fast edits to the content while they get around to make the endgame feel more rewarding for the dedicated players sticking around. The idea is very shallow and I'm not a big fan of it personally, But it would temporarily make the game feel like a semi challenge. 

Anyways please my post fully next time, If you don't understand something message me on discord.

Edited by Zestygoobs

Posted (edited)

Agreed with most of these points. Some of the changes like removing rocks in t7 would encourage greater team play and requirement for tanks in parties, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Wholeheartedly also feel that before additional content is added, the existing content should be rock solid. There are a number of bugs and UX improvements that could be made.  

Regarding difficulty, I actually think the existing content is fine as early / mid-game. The dungeons were relatively difficult before we got fully geared in t8-t9 equipment and had good legacies. The issue is that the current "end game" character legacy builds and equipment are significantly stronger than current end-game content. A handful of us can solo every dungeon in the game extremely easily. Hopefully additional dungeons are released (that incorporate all of the suggestions in the OP) to make content truly difficult.

Both t10 lava hunter and goliath are good models in my opinion of what a OKAY difficulty boss should be like. Given the games awesome graphics, we can have significantly more interactive and difficult bosses in the future (like AOE target rings / falling objects / delayed bullets / etc.)

^If the current end game is actually intended to be end game, then ignore above and please make t9 more difficult / interactive. 

Also would love t10 to drop silver. Farming t9 for hours to npc equipment as current end game grind can be quite dull. 

Edited by HauteBanana
  • Like 1

i'd leave all the stuff as it currently is and implement these ideas into new content ( that will come soon i hope ).

On 12/31/2018 at 3:28 PM, Zestygoobs said:

don’t have bloodstone to buy HP potions to do any content.

I have never viewed HP potions as being there to do content. Only for surviving an extreme situation. Maybe adding a timeout so players stop running and living on HP potions is a better solution than making HP potions easier to get. Death needs to be more likely not less, just the grind after rebirth needs fixing.

I also view the game having bad design that the only sizeable rewards are from killing the boss. Promoting race to boss rather than more gameplay.

Thank you all for the excellent discourse - it's been really helpful reading through this thread and gauging everyone's responses on this feedback. I've copied it down and will be making tickets out of the things that seem to be universally agreed upon and that haven't already been made into action items for the team. 

I totally understand your concern @Zestygoobs - the amount of love we got from the Game Awards stressed our servers like even our stress tests were never able to replicate, and we had to spend a lot of time that would otherwise be dedicated to content working on server stability. Some of the more unfortunate duplication and cheating incidents took time away from that too - servers and security have improved as a result, but I completely understand that it feels as though content has stagnated a bit.

Difficulty scaling for dungeons will go live today, and Invasion will come out next week - although I understand why you may have some concerns with that too, Invasion was created over the course of the last month and has been comfortably tested. This month will also bring an overhaul of relics to make them more valuable, a range lock will go in for dungeons (players can only enter dungeons unlocked by a player +/-2 levels of them,) we'll be restructuring how item recovery works, we're adding a leaderboard to the well, and we're making some changes to how the well works (although those layout changes are happening today.) Finally, we're updating our crafting UI this month.

I hope that preview helps a bit - while these are our plans and we intend to deliver on them, it's always possible that one of the features may be pushed to early next month. I just want to try and keep everyone in the loop as much as possible - we really value your input and I want you to know what's next!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hh_katherine said:

Thank you all for the excellent discourse - it's been really helpful reading through this thread and gauging everyone's responses on this feedback. I've copied it down and will be making tickets out of the things that seem to be universally agreed upon and that haven't already been made into action items for the team. 

I totally understand your concern @Zestygoobs - the amount of love we got from the Game Awards stressed our servers like even our stress tests were never able to replicate, and we had to spend a lot of time that would otherwise be dedicated to content working on server stability. Some of the more unfortunate duplication and cheating incidents took time away from that too - servers and security have improved as a result, but I completely understand that it feels as though content has stagnated a bit.

Difficulty scaling for dungeons will go live today, and Invasion will come out next week - although I understand why you may have some concerns with that too, Invasion was created over the course of the last month and has been comfortably tested. This month will also bring an overhaul of relics to make them more valuable, a range lock will go in for dungeons (players can only enter dungeons unlocked by a player +/-2 levels of them,) we'll be restructuring how item recovery works, we're adding a leaderboard to the well, and we're making some changes to how the well works (although those layout changes are happening today.) Finally, we're updating our crafting UI this month.

I hope that preview helps a bit - while these are our plans and we intend to deliver on them, it's always possible that one of the features may be pushed to early next month. I just want to try and keep everyone in the loop as much as possible - we really value your input and I want you to know what's next!

Thanks Katherine as always, The one thing I wanted to really know about was bloodstone? Do you have any thoughts or opinions you could share with us about bloodstone? It seems to be a pretty big issue/concern with new players? I was wondering if you'd increase the quests rewards only if a little?

It's always possible that we will rebalance or restructure bloodstone a bit, but currently, the max you can earn in game each day via quests and challenges is 45 Bloodstone. This is from completing quests on two characters. Bloodstone can also be earned by selling items on the Auction House. I understand the concern though, it may not always be clear to new players that Bloodstone can be earned across characters or that they can go on quests. We'll be revamping our quest system in a couple months (adding a ton more quests, making it so that they're all active and players can pick and choose what ones they want to play to earn their Bloodstone) and it could be feasible that we'd allow an extra quest with this update to increase Bloodstone income.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hh_katherine said:

(players can only enter dungeons unlocked by a player +/-2 levels of them,)

I think this needs to be looked at before it goes live. If I am a level 20 in a dungeon meant for level 15-20, the lowest part of that bracket wont be able to join. This change would also just hurt power leveling (which seems to be the intention). Leveling is not hard, it is just boring and your friends should be able to help you speed up that process.

I believe the intention of this change is to stop players from entering lower level and trolling by killing the boss before the "opener" can get there.

• Thanks 1

Why not just prevent players with a higher level than the opener from joining then? Higher level players could front keys for t5 and below, which should be ridiculously cheap for them anyway.

This should also be addressed with the implementations of parties / locked dungeons at some point.  

The +/- 2 level cap on dungeons just prevents players from partying, and very very slightly impedes power leveling. 

Just now, Kelphaz said:

I believe the intention of this change is to stop players from entering lower level and trolling by killing the boss before the "opener" can get there.

Yep! This is the goal, but @Huge makes a very fair point as well. We'll change the level restriction as needed.

15 hours ago, Omgzpwnd said:

@hh_katherine yo when ah and exchange is coming back?

peace.

ASAP - we're trying to beef up our security measures a bit to make sure that, when it's re-enabled, it's not abused by cheaters again. Anything we can do to prevent another rollback!

1 hour ago, hh_katherine said:

ASAP - we're trying to beef up our security measures a bit to make sure that, when it's re-enabled, it's not abused by cheaters again. Anything we can do to prevent another rollback!

After you last rolled back, let the auction items return to the warehouse, auction the returned mail, and officially copy the incident, I did not see the solution.
Because the rollback causes more things in the repository. So someone put a dozen items  back to the warehouse + mail = copied a dozen items
Haven't found a way to recycle?
When you die, when you spend more time dealing with valr, you die again, causing problems that cost and roll back too late, and are not corrected.

a lost double potion? Just give us the same one.
After the death, the login bar becomes a grave, which is a good design.
After creating a character, it still needs to be refreshed in order to make the character appear.