Sign in to follow this  
AceTw

Buff item time advice

As far as I know, there are 30 points / 3 hours / 3 days / 7 days, etc.
What I want to say is 30 points. It is possible for a player to completely use it. It should be very tired.
The game is not healthy for 1 hour / 3 hours.
Because the buff offline time is calculated as usual, 3 to 7 days of buff is generally used at most 1/3.
Whether the waste of time is a deception.
This old calculation method, only the black heart game is in use.
It is recommended to replace it with "online computing system"

Hi there Ace! If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking that buffs only run while the player is online so they can maximize the time they get the buff.

That's something I can certainly run by the team, but if this was the case, we would have to rebalance the durations significantly - 48 hours of in-game play time is far more than 48 hours of real time.

3 hours ago, hh_katherine said:

Hi there Ace! If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking that buffs only run while the player is online so they can maximize the time they get the buff.

That's something I can certainly run by the team, but if this was the case, we would have to rebalance the durations significantly - 48 hours of in-game play time is far more than 48 hours of real time.

In order to make the item play its maximum value, do not sleep for three days, let me use life to polish it, the time is finally over. But the lost potion, I did not die, just disappeared from the game, never enjoyed, I can not Forgiveness. (I don’t want to wait for 5~7 days for the bill of lading to respond to the item)

14 hours ago, hh_katherine said:

There will always be people who will try to min-max every possible minute out of those potions if the duration do decay outside of when players are online. While I definitely understand some time would need to be nerfed off  the big ones to compensate, consider also that by making them decay outside of play time creates an unhealthy incentive to maximize every minute of its duration. 

They may be small in number, but there are definitely people who will not stop playing for three days straight if you tell them they're benefits decay while they aren't. May be the consumer side talking here but *technically* the math works out the same in pure played hours. One just supports a healthy lifestyle that means playing in moderation, and the other while cost saving in the short term will probably result in a player who is burned out and disinterested due to their decision to no-life with their buff for three days.

Case in point, my friend and I started SB at the same time and we both got Birthright packs. I lost my potions due to a bug, and they didn't. I played moderately and still do, and they have barely logged on since they expired.

And...unfortunately a lot of gamers tend to be this way. It's a curse and a compliment. Survived By is fun! But, its also addicting- in the crash and burn sort of way. 

• Like 1

That makes sense. I'll approach the team and see if there's something we can do that will appeal to players who prefer shorter play sessions as well as those who are interested in long term buffs like we currently have. Maybe there's something we can offer at a lower cost where players can reap these benefits for short bursts and not worry that the rest is going to waste.