xuton

Quest related bugs+item duping bug

bunch of bugs that should be looked into:

1) daily challenge: "craft X items" doesn't count the amount of items crafted, but the amount of times i "claimed" the result of crafting (i.e if i queue 3 resins and go hunt for a bit then come back, it will only count as 1 resin towards the challenge)

2)field quests(scrolls dropped by monsters): accepting the quest too fast leads to a bugged quest with no monster. quest can still be cancelled by clicking on the icon

also i found an item duping bug. im not sure if this is the place to discuss it as i dont want it abused, so if possible let me know where is best to report it.

Item #1 started happening after EA Week 3 - Hotfix 2.  I reported in those comments that it only progresses once for the entire stack pick up for both, challenges and daily challenge board quests.  It's probably good for visibility that it has its own thread though.

Item #2: I was able to replicate this a few times.  This was probably always an issue, but likely no one was clicking fast enough until there was a hotkey to accept the quest.  It looks like it does spawn the monster... it just doesn't give you the arrow that points to the location.  I was able to randomly stumble across the first 2 monsters after a bit of searching.  Then, I noticed it shows the quest mob on the map.  If you zoom out, there will be a red dot farther away than any in your local radius.  That is the elite mob.  Still, good catch.  An issue that should probably be looked into.

As far as reporting a duping issue confidentially, I would direct message @hh_katherine on the forums with the info.  She can then access it and forward it on to the appropriate people.

Edited by BreadSlice

13 minutes ago, BreadSlice said:

Item #1 started happening after EA Week 3 - Hotfix 2.  I reported in those comments that it only progresses once for the entire stack pick up for both, challenges and daily challenge board quests.  It's probably good for visibility that it has its own thread though.

Item #2: I was able to replicate this a few times.  This was probably always an issue, but likely no one was clicking fast enough until there was a hotkey to accept the quest.  It looks like it does spawn the monster... it just doesn't give you the arrow that points to the location.  I was able to randomly stumble across the first 2 monsters after a bit of searching.  Then, I noticed it shows the quest mob on the map.  If you zoom out, there will be a red dot farther away than any in your local radius.  That is the elite mob.  Still, good catch.  An issue that should probably be looked into.

As far as reporting a duping issue confidentially, I would direct message @hh_katherine on the forums with the info.  She can then access it and forward it on to the appropriate people.

gotcha, thanks.

also- it looks like it was fixed for the craft X items challenges (the ones that award valr). im not 100% sure cause i may be remembering wrong but i think queued crafting works properly for that one.

Hmm, looks like I'm still progress once per stack, at least for Craft Items (III), and picking up T1 and T3 materials.  If you queue them up, but pick up each individually before the next would finish, it would give credit properly.

32 minutes ago, BreadSlice said:

Hmm, looks like I'm still progress once per stack, at least for Craft Items (III), and picking up T1 and T3 materials.  If you queue them up, but pick up each individually before the next would finish, it would give credit properly.

ill try and look when i play later

so i gave this another look about how it counts towards the crafting challenge.

what i found was:

when i craft in a queue and claim singular items (wait for first item to finish->claim):counts as 1 

when i craft in a queue and claim multiple items: counts as 2 (tested by taking 2,3,4)

when i craft in a queue and wait for entire queue to finish: counts as 1

seems theres something pretty weird going on there

Can I ask what you are crafting?  I can't seem to make it give me more than 1 progress per claim, no matter how many are in the stack or whether the queue is completed.

Edited by BreadSlice

46 minutes ago, BreadSlice said:

Can I ask what you are crafting?  I can't seem to make it give me more than 1 progress per claim, no matter how many are in the stack or whether the queue is completed.

im crafting mats. tier 1, 3 and 5

the high numbers (4-5 item) were mostly tested with tier 1 and 3  (a lot of resin and metal)

i just check the challenge menu every time i claimed an item.

thats pretty weird, too

edit: also i'd note that whenever claiming early the crafting window thingy where i click claim shows 1/99 no matter how many are completed

Edited by xuton

6 hours ago, BreadSlice said:

If you let it craft and don't close the crafting window, it will give you 2 progress for crafting multiple items, if you however close the crafting window and reopen it, it will only give you 1 progress for multiple items.

Edited by VinZ
  • Thanks 1