A few issues I have run into with quests:

• Act Quests do not count as "Quests" for the Challenge Board, only "Kill quests" from Scrolls
  • Challenge Quests and Act quests don't interact well together. Being near a "kill" quest blocks the progression tracking of Act Quests (Green Health Bar of the mob takes priority)
  • Digging through the UI to track a different quest is a bit too involved for this type of game, with hardly any "Safe Zones"
  • Challenge Board quests are vastly different in their difficulty and involvement. The ones you can do in your normal "dungeon running" are nice. Going out and doing 20 kill quests or crafting 20+ items is a lot more difficult than doing 100k damage
  • The Act Lion Boss is actually MUCH more difficult if you are of the level than other bosses. It could be because we can only fight him once every 18? hours, so I am not use to his mechanics, but its a bit intense to be thrust in there, especially the first time, not knowing what you are getting, with no escape
  • You spawn VERY close to the T3 Act Quest boss. Within blade range. I've been hit coming in to the room and only survived because I was an infiltrator and could stealth.
  • A little more guidance in the ACT quests would be nice
  • Also more guidance TO the act quest giver is needed.
  • The ACT quest bar should indicate when completed (turn green?) and guide you back to the quest giver. Perhaps it should even auto complete and give you the next quest for the middle quests in the chain? Someone had posted something about "hunts" in the forums. Maybe this is a quick way of introducing that?
  • More guidance to the Chimera Totems would be nice. Its fine when you know the map well and realize there is a line of 3 at the top, but to new players, it must be a turn off to search a zone you may not even have uncovered
  • Again,  Druid Circles are completely miserable to find for the first time (or 15th time if you have a poor memory)
  • Chimera Totems: needs to be more clear that you have a debuff and need to wait there after activating. I don't think the "red circle" mechanic is very clear to a lot of players
  • Quest scroll drops off the visible map that are not picked up cause a delay in dropping any subsequent quest scrolls
  • Some quests continue visibility when 100%; others (challenge board) stop visual tracking when 100%, making it very easy to forget to turn them in
  • Possible to have quest tracking displayed twice (I think this was my first log in with character on the PC after accepting on a different PC. Board was not tracking. When I clicked to show it, the tracking was double.):

image.png

• Why do accepted quests expire at all? Seems like an unnecessary annoyance, especially since challenge board quests stop tracking on completion and are very easy to forget to turn in. Have the board accept any quest the player may be turning in, even if it is not current and count it toward that day for challenges. Even better, just auto complete the challenge on completion, at least if there is only Bloodstone rewards, as there is no chance of any of the reward being lost on a death in the field. Silver or an item may be a little different, since they player may not immediately want to hold the item on death. Maybe send the rewards to the mailbox upon completion?
  • Challenge Board still has Exclamation point when at 5/5 Challenge Board completed for the Day
  • On rare occasion, I have had a challenge board turn in mark the board as "completed" for other characters.  I received the reward on the first character only, but when logging into a second character, that specific challenge was already marked as completed, when the second character had not undertaken it at all.
  • Craft Challenges/Quests are currently only counting 1 unit of progression per stack claimed at the Craftsman
  • The Quest Tracking text can overlap:

image.png

• Deal Damage and Crit Chance Challenge quests do not take into account that the mobs may have "surrendered".  It is likely also easier to deal critical damage to level 1 mobs, as you likely have an increased critical rate

(Aside, is it possible to add spacing between the automatic bulleted list?  This looks like it might be somewhat difficult to read)

Edited by BreadSlice

Hi Breadslice! This post is super helpful, I love that it's so easy to read - things in bulleted format are easier for me to take in. A lot of these seem like unintended bugs, especially the issues with spawning too close to bosses or inconsistent tracking. I've made tickets for all of these and will put in requests for some of the other suggestions like not letting a quest expire. A lot of these suggestions are especially helpful because we're in the process of designing and building new quests, so it's great to know what isn't working on our existing quests to avoid making the same mistakes. Thank you again!

This one will be probably fairly hard to understand and probably quite rare but i thought i would add it anyway.

So I completed some board quests and the next day my character still said that i had completed that quest, even tho well over 8 hours had passed. It did say i had completed 0/5 quests this day, but mark 2 of the quests as completed.

Now my guess is that because i loged in when there was exactly the same quests as when i exited the previous day, it kept the progress of them already being completed?

On another note about quests, im fairly new to the game and i never found any pointers in-game to the quest chain quest givers, so im curious are there any? And if so where were they?

I think you are describing a similar bug that I refer to here:

On rare occasion, I have had a challenge board turn in mark the board as "completed" for other characters.  I received the reward on the first character only, but when logging into a second character, that specific challenge was already marked as completed, when the second character had not undertaken it at all.

Just a different scenario of it occurring.  It's also the one I had most difficulty describing.  The basic essence is.. challenge board quests can be marked as completed when the viewing character has not undertaken a quest.  There may be a few causes.

My memory is hazy if there was a reset in between or I did them in rapid succession.  I believe I have encountered it a few times.  Once when it happened,  I ended up with a 2 bloodstone quest, that I had not originally taken (I abandon it), and the last quest on the board was marked as complete, even though that character had done no quests (but I was 2/5 from other characters doing quests).   I think you might be right, about it being caused by the quests on the board being the same or similar as they were on the previous posting, and it then "holds" its status.  The other thought I had was switching characters too fast after completing a quest, where it was attributing to the wrong characters board, as I thought I also had a quest mark as completed without any "reset" occurring.

For the quest giver issue, I believe there is a "quest villager" in town who gives cryptic hints as to where the quest giver is for the week.

image.png.45906a7aac12e2efdf33fff5b0a7e87d.png

I'm not sure if the Captain of the Guard is also providing clues to something or his dialogue is always the same.

• Thanks 1

Huh, i did spot the quest villager, but never made any sense of his rambling. Despite, some of the time, he just shoos you away.

I just checked, and he was just telling me to get lost(which i believe he does when you have completed the quest already), so i went to check if my quest-chain was doable, and for a split second i saw that it showed as if i had completed all the quests on the quest-chain, then switched to normal. Then i went back to the quest villager and now indeed he told me about the Bulwark Fen chain-quest.

This is not really a big problem since if you did the quest you would already know where it is anyway :) but i thought id share it anyway.

Edit: Also maybe the text should say "I've got a man in the field, AT Bulwark Fen, who...." since i thought that it was someones name.

Edited by VinZ

I remembered another fairly annoying thing about kill quests, if you right click the quest icon, which is located at the right edge of the screen, it dismisses the icon and you cannot abandon your quest anymore, and subsequently cannot get any new quests. So if your quest was in the other side of the world that would mean that you would have to either go complete it or enter different instance(thus canceling it).

On 1/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, VinZ said:

I remembered another fairly annoying thing about kill quests, if you right click the quest icon, which is located at the right edge of the screen, it dismisses the icon and you cannot abandon your quest anymore, and subsequently cannot get any new quests. So if your quest was in the other side of the world that would mean that you would have to either go complete it or enter different instance(thus canceling it).

Hi VinZ! This definitely isn't an intended feature, I'll ticket it up as a bug.

Adding further to that quest board issue:  I just had it bug in the opposite way. I completed the Challenge on 4 different characters, all 4 had it marked as completed, but the board only said 3/5 (I looked at the board several times.  It was not the issue where the total doesn't update until you leave and re-interact with the board).  Also, when I returned on a character, it again had accepted a Tier 1 2 Bloodstone quest, which I had not undertaken.  The Tier 3 quest all 4 characters had completed was the Do Damage quest.  The T1 quest that was somehow selected when I cycled through my characters and returned to the last one was also the Do Damage quest, but again the 2 bloodstone version.

Adding the below image:

image.png.6156281f35b11f51e0728b6c62872cc4.png

I just touched the board and the quest completed.  I did not get credit for it, notice I am still 0/5, but the quest is marked as completed.  I do believe the last quest I did was also the Do Damage quest, so that is likely the issue.  If it rolls over to the same quest, it is still marked as completed.