hh_katherine

Gear Up for the Resurgence Event

The Chimera threaten the Waypoint Shrines and you must help defend them!

Humanity has been forced to retreat to its final stronghold, the Tower. The Chimera and the Fury, recognizing the importance of the Waypoint Shrines, have decided to launch a final assault to wipe out humanity once and for all.

It falls to you, Ancestors, to defend the Waypoint Shrines and protect the Tower.

Once the assault begins, there will be an announcement made in region chat whenever a Waypoint Shrine is under attack, as well as a Map marker to direct you to the Waypoint Shrine in need.

image.png

After the announcement is made, you will have 15 minutes to reach the Waypoint Shrine. Use this time to gather allies and prepare your defenses before the assault!

Bolster your defenses by finding the Local Commander, and turning in unwanted gear to spawn Town Guards (up to a maximum of 8 Guards). Gear turn-in is shared between Ancestors, so you’ll want to recruit some friends to help you along the way!

The attack on a Waypoint Shrine will last for five minutes and consist of three waves of enemies for you to fend off. During the attack, you must keep the Local Commander alive or the Waypoint Shrine will fall!

If you are successful in defending the Waypoint Shrine, you will receive a tier-appropriate piece of gear with a guaranteed affix! Should you fail and the Shrine falls, it will be unusable for the next hour.

You must defend the Waypoint Shrines, Ancestor, or your advantage over the surging tide of Chimera will be lost.

Best of luck, Ancestors. You’ll need it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

HYPE 🙌

Will this be a permanent addition to the game or just an event? It sounds like it would work great as a permanent addition. 

Just now, Wind_Blade said:

Resurgence ? you mean invasion ? what happend ? the name has changed xD

You're right - I promise I'm not pulling the ol' bait-n-switch! We thought Resurgence was a better reflection of the event's lore, as the Chimera have returned for another attack on our defenses.

I assume the variables for coordinates in the Local Commander dialog aren't working correctly?

image.png.034dc27885f469219a18f70f60399f3b.png

[x,y] is displayed on all Local Commander dialogues. 

Edited by BreadSlice
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BreadSlice said:

I assume the variables for coordinates in the Local Commander dialog aren't working correctly?

image.png.034dc27885f469219a18f70f60399f3b.png

[x,y] is displayed on all Local Conmander dialogues. 

same for me and all that i've asked on the server we just stood there for 10 minutes and im not sure what is wrong with it

If it is displaying dialog like that, the event is not active or you are at the wrong shrine.  It will look like this when you talk to the commander:

image.png.419941e187aca9681ae24232f9df2e8c.png

There is a red message in chat, but other than that, you would have to go to each shrine and talk to the commander.  I asked if they could turn the X on the map green during the event at least.  Then, red if it fails

• Thanks 1

Just a warning, I died at 25, a mix of T5 and T8 gear, and full health instantly to a T5 catapult.  Never actually saw the shot, just died right next to the catapult.  I'd be very careful.  I'm not sure if these "special attacks" should be hitting players?

The special attack looks to do 700 damage on T5.  A lot, but it should not have one shot me with my endurance.  There might be more going on here?

All I know is one second I was moving toward the catapult.. the next I was moving toward a white light at the end of a tunnel.

Edited by BreadSlice