PIECEofTOAST

Small QOL change that would make a big difference for Geomancer

Howdy guys, I am a geomancer main and there's one small thing that if changed would make me love the class a lot more. Currently using your special ability turns your turrets on and off, which I suppose has a few edge cases if you really want to save energy, but in most cases turning your turrets off is something you almost never want to do. I propose that instead using the ability button works as a refresh, charging you the mana cost again and returning you to 3 turrets. This way you could keep your turrets up without the incredibly awkward situation we currently have where you have to try to keep track of how many turrets you have in the chaos of a fight and refresh them every time they go down. You would still have to have good ability management as spamming it would drain your energy too quickly.

As far as I can tell this wouldn't break the class in any way that it isn't already, and the change should be easy to implement from a development perspective. Thoughts? I've been finding the class frustrating lately due to the lack of feedback for your turrets going down and this would be an easy fix to that issue. 

I agree. I started with geo and felt that turrets broke too easily. Besides, like you say, while battling it´s impossible to see the remaining turrets that are far behind. It would be good if the turrets remain in a circle round the character and is not left behind. Also, with the subclases changes that are coming soon, new kind of turrets attacks would be great to add or adding protection to a friend. 

🤠 Howdy, Pardner.

I'd want to clarify a few things first - so, the idea is that there will always be 3 turrets up, but the only thing that would change is whether or not they're firing?

I know we'd want to make sure that they didn't feel TOO accessible all the time, since it's a special ability that is meant to have limited availability - but if it's more about the visuals being more consistent, that might be feasible. Related, and SushiNow mentions this - but it's definitely a good time to rework these abilities a bit, as the "subclasses" for the geomancer will likely impact the way that the turrets assemble and behave per class! 

• Like 1

Oh no that's definitely not what I meant. the ability would work the same as it currently does but the function of using the ability button would be slightly different. Currently using the ability button toggles the turrets appearing or disappearing, instead I think it should only be used to make turrets appear. So if you have no turrets it will do what it currently does, create 3, but you can recast it at any time to charge the mana cost again and refresh the turrets to 3.

As an example, in the current game if you only have one turret remaining and press the ability button that turret will disappear instead of creating more. I propose that if you have 1 turret remaining and press the button it will charge you the mana cost again and reset the turret count to 3. 

Basically I just want to remove that awkwardness of trying to see how many turrets are left or clicking really fast to try and refresh to 3 turrets without dying. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, PIECEofTOAST said:

Oh no that's definitely not what I meant. the ability would work the same as it currently does but the function of using the ability button would be slightly different. Currently using the ability button toggles the turrets appearing or disappearing, instead I think it should only be used to make turrets appear. So if you have no turrets it will do what it currently does, create 3, but you can recast it at any time to charge the mana cost again and refresh the turrets to 3.

As an example, in the current game if you only have one turret remaining and press the ability button that turret will disappear instead of creating more. I propose that if you have 1 turret remaining and press the button it will charge you the mana cost again and reset the turret count to 3. 

Basically I just want to remove that awkwardness of trying to see how many turrets are left or clicking really fast to try and refresh to 3 turrets without dying. 

It might get out of hands with a proper energy regen build (like LRRicochet), you would be spamming right click and would always have three turrets up all the time imo.