knazz

My wishlist thus far.

Disclaimer: this is my opinion on this game so far. Only 81hrs played in about 2weeks but I've seen most of the content excluding t10 for myself. I am not a profession poster either so don't expect this to be pretty.

Character screen

1. Instead of generating a new name have it use the last used name you died on. If you were like me then you just generated names and killed them off and now you have a long line of random names you can scroll through. 

2. Way to remove old family from the tree. Again I have 10+ randomly generated names that I can't even pronounce but I would like to use one name and your family tree ties to all character slots so I cant start a new line with just 1 name to pass on.

Classes

1. I wont deep dive on this subject because we are all aware of OP classes. Fragmentation imprint is OP.  Follow up legacy is clearly OP. Just stating the obvious here. I'm not sure the stats on T10 clears but if I had to guess then most of them clears where on Infiltrator, Sentinel, and Harbinger. Maybe Geomancer....maybe. The druid and alchemy guy just don't have the infinite blocking aura/300%dmg special/insane dmg reduction like the other classes mentioned.

The Tower

1. Merchant- you can right click sell stuff to him buy you cant right click buy things. Also, please give us the ability to sell the raw resources for 1silver at least. Its very tedious to go drop stacks of raw resin if you were in T5 for any amount of time. 

2. Crafting- currently you can craft the amount which your crafter is lvl'd to. Would it be possible to be able to craft all instead. What's the point of being limited to how many you can craft if your already limited to being able to craft whatever tier your on. Say I have 300+ raw cloth or whatever and now I have to use 4 different crafters to do that but only 6 or 9 at a time on each and im bouncing between stations trying to keep things qued….its almost like another minigame inside a game.

3.Charm upgrading- Probably the most frustrating thing I have experienced so far. So initially I was farming the T7 quest mobs for keys and got these awesome charms, I remember seeing the charm upgrade feature and thought id farm a crap ton and go fuse them up, well no one informed me that I had to manually select every single charm every single time. Can you please add a faster feature than left click charm 1 add, left click charm 2 add, left click 3 add...I can't be the only person this triggered. Let us right click to add them instantly or some feature to fuse all similar charms of a type because having 40+ charms of lvl 1 and wanting to fuse them together is going to take someone with patience about 2 hours to do so.

3.Quest givers- Who are they and where are the quest? Ive got every shrine unlocked and been in every sector but I don't think I've completed a single story quest. I know there are some out there in t3 and t7 zones but do they have to be so hidden? 

Dungeons

1. T1 is fine, not much to say here. Its dark and not very long to get to boss room. I like it. T2 is equally casual, both bosses are pretty good for new players learning.

2. T3 and up is where things go sideways. Well let me jump to some endgame stuff, T9. You have T2-T8hard mode which is the T9 tier..confusing I know. In most hard dungeons the boss is what you go for as fast as possible. Well most bosses can be cheesed and some bosses are unkillable. Note that I am playing harb and have t8bow with Frag.

3. So T3 Mirage hunter, you can do this on hard too, basically take him to a rock in the north part of the boss area and he can get stuck on it. Position behind the rock and just light him up. There are plenty of rocks in that arena to get him stuck though. He wont spawn any adds and the whirly sand blades get blocked by rock. easy enough.

4. T5 locust.. this guy is the worst. If the devs know that he is bugged but cant reproduce it they just leave it be... I've wasted a number of T5hard keys only to have this boss go invincible. Here's a crazy suggestion, remove the mechanic that makes him go invincible! Change the fight to where the legs show up on 1st phase and after you kill legs then boss head appears on final phase...Or just leave the bugs in the game until you can reproduce them that's cool too.

5. T6 Kraken. I dislike so many things about this place. First off, who thought that a tile set with 6 possible "islands" each having 1-3 "branches" were a good idea for a non hard mode dungeon. I've literally spent 10 minutes looking for the boss area before. You can probably make him appear a tad closer and up the density and that would be a good compromise. The boss itself is easy solo. You can literally stand on the right side of the bank near where he spawns and run back when he shoots stuff and they disappear along with tentacle projectiles making for an easy kill both on normal/hard version.

6. T7 forest guy. Guess what, this guy can be cheesed too. Honestly, I have 50 something keys for this place and only done it 4 times. It didn't take me long to figure this fight out. So there is a point right before the "hallway" to the boss where you can stand and hit him with a frag weapon. The actual fight is kind of silly though. If you move to far back away from the boss then you get a cowardice debuff and it makes you do less dmg and less everything. It's lot better to cheese it and not risk getting mobbed by the insane adds/boss dmg this guy will throw at you if your only t6 gear.

Consumable buffs

Please for the love of all things holy, I've lost 5 buffs because I die/log out and those buffs had multiple days remaining on them. I'm fully aware of the devs working on this and I know we will get reimbursed for the missing buffs but until then, can all servers get some sort of exp buff/drop buff/craft buff till the kinks get worked out on servers erasing the consumable buffs, or give them to the accounts that purchased the buffs and make them last till the entire duration expires? Just a suggestion.

I can't think of anything else to ramble on about, these were things I could remember off the top of my head. Again these are just MY opinions/suggestions/thoughts. I'm sorry if you don't agree with some or all of it but I have had an awesome time playing. Now hopefully my character is no longer bugged and I can play some more. 

• Like 1

I agree with most of the things you posted. It is true that a lot of things doesn´t work but we have to remember that it´s a beta...You missed t4 dungeon! 9_9 But I guess that there is nothing to add. Too ez imo. The only boss that made me rip hard was T7 on hard mode and T10 Goliath. These two without playing sentinel wich is extremely op. Imo there has to be a re balance on alchemist, druid and geomancer wich are trash...

I know it and I don't expect this to be a fully flushed out game. I just wanted to give my feedback and let others know my perspective on some features in the game. I probably didn't mention some other things but i'm not very versed in the game by anymeans. These were just off the top things I notice while playing through :D

The short answer is:  I think they are already working on or aware of many of these issues.  Still good for them to be presented again, as it reflects more players running into the same frustrations.  Longer answer below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some may consider me a professional poster 😛 and I think this is a pretty good list.  I actually have notes about everything you mentioned, so its nice I'm not alone in some of my thoughts.  A few of these points also get brought up on the forums pretty often.

1. I recently posted about different errors with the character creation system.  Think some of the difficulty with it is due is due to it not working as intended, and other parts will have to be changed because of the stress it causes as your tree grows.  I did like your suggestion of having it default to the last name you died with.  As a "III" in real life, it makes extra sense to me, haha.  I just posted this today, so they have not had a chance to respond.

2. For the quest issues, I put out a post here:

If you have more specifics to add, that would be great.  It looks like Katherine has already ticketed many of the issues.

3. I consider crafting in need of some serious love.  CraftAll and various ways to speed up the process have been brought up before, and they are good ideas, but they also seem like band-aids to me.  Specifically, I believe a CraftAll suggestion has already been ticketed.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen any ideas as far as crafting that really jumped out to me as an outstanding and immediate "Yes, that's the direction", and I haven't come up with anything I thought was any better myself.

4. Classes, druid can be added to the insane damage reduction list due to their special and the Thick Hide Legacy.  I'm also not a giant fan of the current Harbinger special. It lends itself to macroing and causes a class of potential enemy mechanics to be difficult to implement.  I have a future post brewing where I will likely touch more on that.

5. I didn't really think about the specifics of why T6 was so dreadfully long, even with the current ice preventing the water from slowing, but the information about the 6 islands with up to 3 possible branching chains probably helps elucidate that.  The place can just be too darn big.  Though, I wonder is that any different from T5?  It also seems to have many "rooms" with branching paths, but I don't know the numbers.  I'd bet the "hallways" leading to rooms/islands in T6 are also much longer than other instances, but I don't know for sure and haven't tested that.  It might just feel that way to me, but I sense I'm spending a lot of time walking narrow paths.  It could be due to how many potential paths it has to create.

The dungeon boss mechanics are what I've been thinking about the most recently.  Again, this will likely come in a future post when I have examples and alternatives, but I'd like many of the boss mechanics to be revisited.  In general, I'd like the bosses to have more mechanics and phases.  Besides the "cheese" mechanics you describe here, I think a few of them don't naturally lend themselves to the multiple player battles they end up being, specifically T3, T4, and T8. 

Edited by BreadSlice

Good Morning!

I'm still waking up but I appreciate your response! I wasn't surprised that most of these suggestions I made were already ticketed about. These were the most visited areas of the game from my perspective, not including the legacy system which I think I've heard is getting some love soon. The game was enjoyable for me ( my vault was recently wiped of everything), hopefully I can avoid anymore progress erasing bugs and play through content again. If I have any lightbulbs go off in any of these departments then I'll be sure to post my suggestions.

Hey there Knazz! These are some really good suggestions - I think Breadslice did a great job of addressing a lot of these points above, but I'll go through each point too.

Character Screen: I have a ticket in for persistent naming, it's something a number of other people have requested as well. Removing characters from the tree is new, though - I'll see if that's something that can be done.

Classes will likely get a revisit with our big Ancestral Legacy overhaul, but I'll keep that feedback in mind when we design our subclasses as well!

The concept of selling raw materials to vendors has been turned down, unfortunately, as it's too easy to acquire them in bulk and would make it difficult to balance their value. Leftover materials can be used in many of our seasonal events though! The "craft all" is a good idea and the ticketed request has been approved - looking forward to seeing it in game! Charms are going to receive some changes pretty soon, and I think your UI suggestions make a lot of sense. 

The quest givers are the ones who provide you with tasks, with one active quest available per week on a rotating basis. (We have several quests in game currently but only one is available each week and can be completed each day. This is changing very soon, as we are about to add 6 more quests and make them available all the time, and players can pick which ones they want to complete that day.) Their locations are a little mysterious because we want finding them to be part of the fun, but if you're stuck there's a man at the tower who will point you in the direction of that week's active quest. 

The issues with most of those bosses/branching dungeons sound like bugs - the locust is known and we're working on finding a solution, but the others are worth investigating. Your points about their more unusual vulnerabilities (using fragmentation weapons, etc.) are super valuable because these "edge cases" aren't always so obvious. I'll make sure we test this and pursue a solution.

Finally, consumable buffs - I'm pushing to see if we can release a compensation gift to all players until we're able to restore and resend the actual consumable buff. We haven't decided what this will be, but I hope it will help.

Thank you for sharing all of your feedback, it was really helpful reading this!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, hh_katherine said:

The concept of selling raw materials to vendors has been turned down, unfortunately, as it's too easy to acquire them in bulk and would make it difficult to balance their value. 

This doesn't make much sense to me to be honest.  I'm not sure why they cant be sold for 1 silver.  It would take you 101 stacks of 99 raw materials to get the worth of vendoring a SINGLE T9 item.  The silver influx from adding a vendor cost of 1 silver it is almost negligible.  If this is still considered too much, lower the drop chance of material too.  If you are getting enough material that even vendoring it at one silver would affect the economy, you are probably getting too many materials too.

The biggest annoyance is there is no way to even get the stuff out of your inventory other than dropping it on the ground.