RetSam

T7 Dungeon Fix

I'm going to say it now, hopefully representing the rest of the Survived By community; T7 is far too hard! I went in there with full t9 armor and died... How are new players going to get past T7 without either endgame players(who they may not know) or by skipping it. The point of a dungeon is for the characters to go into it, but people are avoiding T7. The main issues would be the confusing schematic which makes it easy for you to die in, and which also hides enemies that will poison you to death. as well as the completely unfair boss. I think that its fine to be challenging, but it is currently impossible. The things the team could fix would be:

• Make it easier for players to find their way around.
  • Reduce poison damage.
  • Either get rid of the boss debuff or reduce the amount of mobs the boss spawns.
  • Either have less fast moving mobs or reduce the health and damage of the mobs.
  • Give the boss less attack range

All I'm saying is that T7 is the worst place for new players, and they will probably either rage quit or quit the game entirely. As the developers, they are responsible to make their games appealing, and to help players that need it. So for heaven's sake, just fix T7 already!

Edited by RetSam

You died with T9 gear? I'm sorry but then you are just bad. T7 with harbinger is super easy, the boss can't even damage you. If anything they should make it harder.

In full T9 gear and under normal circumstances, I don't believe you should take any damage from DOTs at all.  All T7 dots are for ~93 damage and all classes would be over this amount with T9 gear alone, no relics or legacies needed.  I assume you died on the boss?  Can you explain what strategy you were using?  Did you kill the adds and hide behind the rock during the fireball phase or were you killing the mobs from "outside" the room?  Also, was the debuff you received cowardice?

My guess is you were repeatedly gaining the cowardice debuff by fighting the mobs from the area outside the circle, then being forced back outside the circle by the boss's fireballs during the second phase, adding more to the cowardice debuff.  This would have eventually made you susceptible to dot damage and as it continued, probably to a lethal amount.

9 hours ago, ApfelSwag said:

T7 with harbinger is super easy, the boss can't even damage you. If anything they should make it harder.

T7 isn't very difficult for Harbinger if you know the rock is there and how to properly approach the fight.  However, in my mind this is one of if not the only true "mechanic knowledge" fights.  I know I was fighting the mobs outside the room until on my second run, another player happen to be present and I saw their strategy.  With the new level restrictions on entry, it is likely you were always doing T7 alone, so you would have to stumble across the strategy yourself.  If you aren't aware that rock is there, it could be pretty difficult for you.  It also doesn't help that the fight tends to go quickly into the adds then fireball phase.  You may not ever be in the room to "discover" the rock. 

I do not believe the original poster ever mentions being a Harbinger.  The fight can be a little more challenging on other classes with less range and a special that does not "auto target" the adds.

To each of your points:

17 hours ago, RetSam said:

Make it easier for players to find their way around.

I somewhat agree here.  The roads do indicate potential paths, but sometimes they merge in a way that can be deceiving to follow. It is never specifically stated to the player how the roads work, and you may never realize this yourself. This is not a forgiving area, where a new player has much time to study their map. It is the first large jump in difficulty in the game due to the different in mob damage vs player DR from "appropriate" gear. Also, another unfortunate side effect of the +/- 2 level requirement, you may never see another player in T7 to learn from them how the roads work. 

I'm also not a giant fan of the canopy being present in the foreground and blocking player vision.  Projectiles can be partially seen through the canopy, but a lot of "splat" effects, particularly from the Verdant Ooze cannot be seen at all while travelling through the canopy areas, and you can step on the same ooze "splat" multiple times.

Reduce poison damage.

Poison damage needs to be redesigned.  It is too devastating to players below a certain threshold of damage reduction, while completely trivial to those above.  Since damage reduction is subtracted on a per tick basis, as long as you have more damage reduction than the tick amount, you will take no damage.  However, if you have less, you will take the amount you are under by for the entire duration, usually around 5 seconds.  This is very punishing for undergeared players, especially considering geared players typically take no damage at all.

I go into more specifics about the ooze and dot damage in this post:

Either get rid of the boss debuff or reduce the amount of mobs the boss spawns.

Cowardice debuff isn't very clear to players.  I've honestly never had the debuff, but I know I have left certain boss rooms in testing. For certain bosses, I'm also unsure what the "room" threshold is.  I don't think that is very clear either.

• Either have less fast moving mobs or reduce the health and damage of the mobs.
  • Give the boss less attack range

Here, I would again be interested in how @RetSam was approaching the fight.  It either sounds like you were getting the cowardice debuff, reducing your damage as well as defense, and making the fight very difficult.  I'd also like to hear from some ~T6, no relic - geared non harbinger players to see how the fight feels to them.  I would maybe widen the bosses "circle" and give a little more time in between the phases to allow the rock to be more easily discovered by new players on their own.  The boss may need more initial health to compensate for longer time between phases, though.

Ah, @hh_katherine sorry, I forgot to do bullet points!  Forgive me!

Edited by BreadSlice

I agree with the cowardice debuff being too misleading. When I started the game I thought it was a default debuff to make the boss harder. Just put an NPC at the start of the dungeon that tells you about it or something like that. Other than that I think the game is too easy and now that it is a solo game you basically never see anybody die. It's nice to see that people are actually struggeling with a boss.

• Like 1

you dont have to run out of the boss pit in order to avoid its damage, there is a rock on the left side that will protect you from his attack patterns. 

i have to agree with poison dmg that you get from mobs in dungeon. this was reported multiple times. ooze's dots deal tons of damage. they are the reason every experienced player avoids to go to t7 or t97.

easiest fix i can think of is just remove ooze from t7 open world area, t7 dungeon and t97 dungeon :D 

I don't think that ooze should pose any additional problems in T7H.  A lot of the issue is that the "death ooze" in T7 is the wrong ooze.  It becomes the Greater ooze on death in the normal T7 dungeon, hence why the splat on death does too much damage.  More details in that post I linked above.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, ApfelSwag said:

I agree with the cowardice debuff being too misleading. When I started the game I thought it was a default debuff to make the boss harder. Just put an NPC at the start of the dungeon that tells you about it or something like that. Other than that I think the game is too easy and now that it is a solo game you basically never see anybody die. It's nice to see that people are actually struggeling with a boss.

Hi, um, cowardice is not a T7 debuff the boss puts on you? I've died to T7 4 times because of that debuff, and have given up on the possibility of completing that dungeon. I try to fight the boss, but the debuff makes it impossible, also, it makes it really difficult to kill the mobs, and while I'm doing that while inflicted with the debuff, the boss will heal to full, making all my efforts meaningless. From what I've looked up on my own, Cowardice is a debuff for leaving the boss room, but all I do is run out of range of the boss's fire attacks and fight the ads that spawn in front of the T7 boss, I don't understand how I'm getting this debuff, unless the T7 "boss room" is considered to be that extremely small space around the boss? Since this is a suggesstion forum, being a fairly new player(just over a week played), I suggest that they add some explanation for the debuff cowardice somewhere in the game, especially before T7 or at the T7 dungeon itself.

Do you know that the forest on the left side of the boss entrance can enter, and then avoid the boss attack. But the attack power is not enough, the monsters that appear, can not be quickly cleared, the player may continue to get debuff and then die.
Most players will skip T7 and go directly to T8...

The monsters that appear will be more dangerous than the boss, and you only need to know where you will get the debuff.

Every character I go to T7 will not hide behind the rocks, btw

Edited by AceTw

2 hours ago, Neien said:

unless the T7 "boss room" is considered to be that extremely small space around the boss?

Yep it is, which is very misleading. You are supposed to hide behind the rock to avoid the fire. Then the only thing to deal with are the minions, which is fairly easy with harbinger or infiltrator.

• Like 1

yea something about T7h is not right.. a couple times now while doing it all of a sudden i just blow up and am dead. it must have to do with the mobs they spawn. not sure but its just WRONG!!!