Sign in to follow this  
XReap

Crafting Materials

So as we all know, there was a new patch in the game which included the nerfing of drop of tier 9 dungeons. Before, they drop enriched items and they are very easy to farm but now it only drops tier 1 to tier 3 items making the farm from very easy to somehow very hard. It is hard for me (and probably) other players because to get enriched items it requires so much processing.

Say for example you need an enriched metal:

First get Quartz -> 25
Second get Metal -> 5
Third get Enriched Metal -> 1

Considering the drop rates of tier 1 materials (20%) and tier 3 materials (lower than tier1 ofcourse) , this is really hard.

Every dungeon, I can only get like 30 - 40 tier 1 and like 4 of tier 3 materials.

If you need to go craft tier 10 crafting you need 10 sable which requires:
50 enriched obsidian and 50 enriched metal all in all. 
^^ That is just too much because you need to get 1250 quartz then make it 250 metals and then turn it into 50 enriched metals, the same thing goes with obsidian. 

It doesn't end there, when you finish crafting t10 crafting, ofcourse you have to use it and there you have to craft tons of stuff again and again.

Sooo my suggestion is to "balance" this thing. I mean give better drop rates , add enriched drops in the dungeon (but lower chance) , create a vendor that sells t1 and t3 materials for a reasonable price  or just lessen the things required for crafting.

(sorry for the long stuff before the real suggestion, I just want to put my point in there)

At this point I'm not ready to fully walk back the changes made to drop rates during the last update. The goal of making later game materials more valuable still stands. But we do have some incoming changes that should reduce the frustration related to material gathering. In particular, this is what I expect to go live during our update next week...

• T3 material drop rates from T9 monsters increased by 50%
  • Crafting queue will now support current craftsman level + 5
  • T1 material crafting time reduced by 80%
  • T3 material crafting time reduced by 75%
  • T5 material crafting time reduced by 66%

These changes should make converting lower level materials into higher level materials far less tedious while giving a modest boost back to those reduced drop rates.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 9R_RyanJ said:

At this point I'm not ready to fully walk back the changes made to drop rates during the last update. The goal of making later game materials more valuable still stands. But we do have some incoming changes that should reduce the frustration related to material gathering. In particular, this is what I expect to go live during our update next week...

These changes should make converting lower level materials into higher level materials far less tedious while giving a modest boost back to those reduced drop rates.

Oh ok that will probably be good but what about the T3 material drops i mean they are just like 5% or what so if you increased them by 50% it will only be like 7.5% which doesn't make so much change.

Thanks for replying tho

• Thanks 1

I think those changes are good enough, Don't make crafting material and T10 item popular too much. U need to grind for them

7 hours ago, quipham said:

I think those changes are good enough, Don't make crafting material and T10 item popular too much. U need to grind for them

"Don't make crafting material and T10 item popular too much"

Lol t10 is what you really need endgame and it is one of the main priorities. Crafting is just a bit hard rn because of the grind. 

When you say grind it doesn't necessarily mean "extreme working" or whatsoever, there must be balancing for grind like don't make it too hard nor too easy but instead make it just hard enough for players to enjoy grinding.

• Confused 1

I mean those things are good enough:

:)

I'm happy to see that everyone likes our proposed changes for next week! Once the update goes live, if there are still issues with these drop rates we'll be sure to revisit.

• Thanks 1