MeissnerTest

Minor Bugs and Suggestions

Would be nice if the text box dimensions that determine when the next word will rollover to the next line in the dismantling interface was made such that the words won't overlap with the percentage chance to get that item. Small bug, but seems like it would be easy to fix. Here is an example:

image.png.844f8a81123d315e3e3f4133feaefe9f.png

Crafting Items Daily Quest doesn't register the correct amount of crafted items from the queue. After a few tests, it seems to pick a random number between 1 and 3 to boost the quest log. Crafting the same item over and over gives different rewards for instance. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Example:
Craft 1 item at a time = Daily Quest goes up by 1
Craft 2 (1 in Queue) = Daily Quest goes up by 2
Craft 3 (2 in Queue) = Daily Quest goes up by 3
Craft 4 (3 in Queue) = Daily Quest goes up by 1
Craft 5 (4 in Queue) = Daily Quest goes up by 2
Craft 6 (5 in Queue) = Daily Quest goes up by 1

Screenshots show quest log changes before and after crafting 3,4, 5, and 6 items at a time:
image.png.270700a3569d5256fb35bb55925bc8c0.png

Edited by MeissnerTest

I always get 1 progress per stack, no matter the stack size when I collect.  I don't think this is intended.  What items were you crafting?

I was crafting T1 resources (wood, resin, etc). Crafting the same thing over and over seems to boost quest by a random number between 1 and 3.

i can tell you that it makes sense that you only get one per claim, the two systems were made very far apart from each other. very nice catch, we'll get that fixed. we are still playing with the UI so that it will incorporate much longer names

• Thanks 2

Total Valr count ticks up one at a time very slowly, which makes it never actually get to "total valr" in a reasonable time. Here is a screenshot after waiting over a minute - still no where close to total valr:

image.thumb.png.1e289461f8915b52d0fd3066f54ec19a.png

The help button doesn't do anything on this page. Also, if I make a character with the name as the character immediately preceeding it, the roman numeral seems to be much higher than I would have expected.

image.png.647815a816efd7ae2c8bf9caac4db8de.png

When selecting ancestral legacy, if it is at max cards a message pops up saying you are close to max even though there is no option to remove or add cards at character creation.

image.png.1f5046c2f9d98945e545bcde2de5f55a.png

10 hours ago, MeissnerTest said:

Keybindings "Aim Up" and "Aim Down" are reversed
image.png.a04fd5ee1fd0f2eb282ae750d043a022.png

What do you mean by reversed here?  Are you saying the default behavior is "inverted aim" or am I misunderstanding?

26 minutes ago, MeissnerTest said:

If you buy more than 1 legacy at a time it consumes the price of multiple cards, but only gives one card.

image.png.74dc2e9a6d3ac7a4b22d6cc3e150130b.png

Are you sure it deducted the price of multiple?  It not allowing multiple purchases is a known bug, but I haven't had it deduct the cost of more than 1.  Which Card were you purchasing?

Yes, the keybindings are reversed. For instance, I was using AWSD for shooting and arrows for moving at one point. If I assigned W to AimUp and S to Aimdown, then pressing W would shoot down instead of up and pressing S would shoot up instead of down. Thus, I had to assign S to AimUp and W to Aimdown (note this is using a qwerty keyboard).

Regarding the cards, to test the card mechanics I purchased two Common cards and 500 Valr was deducted (250 x 2) but only one common card was given. I didn't test with any higher tiers since I didn't want to waste any Valr. I will test again next time I die though.

Hmm, yea, they switch the functionality. Then, switch the default joystick options and maybe have a checkbox to invert them if players prefer that.

For the cards, I've tested the common and elite card packs.  When attempting to purchase 2, it only ever charged and gave me one. I couldn't replicate multiple Valr cost deduction.  I wonder if a different procedure or server response time allows multiple costs to be deducted?  Do you remember what cards you ended up getting?

Yeah, it would make more sense if they were all reversed. But only AimUp and AimDown are reversed while AimLeft and AimRight are not, which is why I thought it looked more like a bug. Definitely a minor bug since it is easy enough to just asign them reversed to make them correct. I'll test the card purchase again later today and let you know.

Edited by MeissnerTest

I think AimUp and AimDown are only reversed because that's how inverted aim works on a joystick.  Think of an airplane steering column (not that I've actually ever flown a plane).

If you push forward on the column (up), you angle down.  If you pull back (down), you go up.  Left and Right remain the same.  However, that translation only works on something like a joystick.  It feels awkward when applied to the keyboard.

Crafted 6 enriched timbers, but claim is greyed out so I can neither craft nor claim these enriched timbers - makes my crafter essentially broken

image.png

image.png.f27938c8d3f0a8bdc00f42f332573c8f.pngimage.png.06329cfd9d1644d369404271bae29c90.png

Edited by MeissnerTest

3 minutes ago, MeissnerTest said:

Crafted 6 enriched timbers, but claim is greyed out so I can neither craft nor claim these enriched timbers - makes my crafter essentially broken

image.png

Is your inventory full?  They should implement an error message, but the craftsman will not let you claim if you cannot fit all the materials.

Edited by BreadSlice

oh you are right - thank you! I didn't see any error message though. Opening up room in inventory fixed it. Thanks again!

Edited by MeissnerTest

Suggestion: Please make server name in log also have the name in settings. It really hard to tell which server you are in without relogging otherwise. "Magdahe" isn't as useful as North America 4 for instance.

More bugs:

(1) Daily Quest showing as complete on all my characters while only 2 of them have actually completed the daily quest. This is preventing me from getting all the daily quest rewards.

unknown.png?width=314&height=301

(2) Relogged after one of the many crashes and disconnects I've experienced today and discovered that all my cosmetics had disappeared. While I was able to reapply most of them, the bloodstone dye color was lost and it is not letting me reapply it since it was not purchased with electrum. Note that I did not die - simply relogged.

image.png.5cc04d42429ad52345d4e471793c4602.png

Before:
image.png.38e92c25160dfc5cb22fb4408f9843fe.png

After:
image.png.30bcca4f2a8725fdf16d8c120cb05b42.png

Note: restarted game completely and it removed all cosmetics again.

At Login Screen:

unknown.png

In Game:

unknown.png

(3) After reassigning some key bindings, I somehow lost the Enter key binding for chat and cannot reapply it even though no other keybindings use Enter. This makes using chat in game very annoying to use since I have to click the chat box, type and then click Send in order to use it now, which takes too much time to do in the middle of a run.

unknown.png?width=400&height=25

(4) Adding sockets and gems says that it takes 1 day to do, but actually only takes 5 seconds.

(5) Also, would be helpful if somewhere in the socket interface it made it more clear that you have to click the little socket spot in the item window in order to add a socket. Actually, I would suggest removing that all together and just making it so the socket in there in the crafting window by default when adding sockets.

unknown.png?width=400&height=68

(6) All T9 dungeon dangerous chests drop T5 resources except T5h, which drops T3 resources.

(7) Birds in T8h frequently spawn inside walls making it so you can't hit them. If you leave the area and come back then they usually reappear no longer inside the wall.

(8) Overworld quest scrolls frequently drop in areas not accessible to players.

unknown.png

(9) Crafting doesn't let you craft certain things if you don't have them in your inventory. While I realize this has already been reported, here are a few more details. T9 keys and most of the T10 gear requires everything (silver, imprints, mats, etc) to be in inventory instead of vault to work. Also, when crafting doesn't work due to imprint not being in inventory, it removes imprints from crafting interface and continues to prevent crafting even if you have everything else in inventory other than the imprints.

unknown.png?width=199&height=300

(10) For some reason, every iteration of this character is Mordoranin IX even though I was once CCX.

(11) Please make loot bag spawn away from exit portal. Thought the default was the bag and accidentally exited dungeon without opening loot bag. Now I know you can use Tab to switch between them, but it is easy to forget when rushing dungeons.

Edited by MeissnerTest

(12) T4 normal never has dangerous chests since it is always a straight path to boss. T4h has them and has a nice map layout, but for some reason T4 does not. All the other dungeons in game except T4 and T10 have them though.