Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Crafting - A Guide of Monotony

Foreword

I see many people who have issues with the current crafting system and say it is tedious or needs to be reworked. I agree with these people that it definitely needs a rework, but I also have some tips to speed up this part of the game.

Background

The method is actually pretty simple and involves dismantling.
Certain tiers such as 1, 3, 5, 8, and 10 have a set of increasingly expensive materials that must be made from 5 of each specific material from the previous tier. This makes any attempt to farm these materials for the higher tiers tedious.
However, dismantling an item of the same tier of material you are farming for (usually to unlock the crafting tiers or craft up to a higher tier material) yields multiple materials of that tier.

image.png.1d3e623843b448119a1e70504d923d1a.png

Method

First, go to the treasure hunter and buy as many keys of the tier of material you want to farm.

image.png.71bbe80b7684c09d583717fa4e2e9057.png

The prices may seem pretty high, but you have to consider the fact that T8 items sell for 5000 silver each.
(Also note that for each tier of keys you buy, the dungeon boss can drop the next tier's key while the dangerous chest can give you the same tier's key back)

You can do runs of the T8 originally to gain a small fortune to fuel your material farming.

Now, go farm the dungeon for as many items as your keys allow you to get.

As I said earlier, this method allows you to get materials of the same level the items, allowing you to get loads of T8 materials while skipping the other tiers of crafting.

Final Word
This method still takes time but for right now it is the most effective way to farm materials until a rework is made for the crafting system.
Have fun and have a good day!

Edited by Rune

I lack silver. Don't get a t8 every other run to cover the cost of two keys. Quests give keys infrequently. t9 also seems to be around the 1/10 mark.

7 hours ago, Keie said:

I lack silver. Don't get a t8 every other run to cover the cost of two keys. Quests give keys infrequently. t9 also seems to be around the 1/10 mark.

You can farm some T8 keys and sell the items to get silver originally. You don't have to buy keys, it just makes the process quicker.

Edited by Rune

This is a solid strategy! We're also going to be putting out an update on Wednesday where the updated crafting queue/UI will be implemented (where crafters can be accessed on different tabs of the same UI) which should make this process a lot smoother. Mockups can be viewed here: