Numenter

Boss drops not satisfying

A few days ago i stop playing because of it. Today i gave it a try again. What is the problem?

I cleared 6 or 7 times the T2HARD ( T9 ) and i get: 2x Relic, 5x Blue Jade, 2x Conduit of Fire Key.

Boss drop worth of: 5 Silver. Minus the DG keys (6 * 1000).

Makes it a profit of: -5995 Silver.

Yes i know that there are aura stones for droprate and yes im at a point where i can run T2Hard in unter 2mins.

But what about the T8 geared with low Legecies guys, who need 10-30min for a DG and risk there lifes?

There is a thin line between, "i try it again" and "duck it, im out".

How to fix this? one guarnteed gear drop!

effort + success = reward. its simple, but it works.

• Like 1

It sounds like you were just a little on the unlucky side.  Below are what I estimate the silver costs of each dungeon run to be. 

image.thumb.png.08103ef63d67bc3213d58d7a9b7daf79.png

In terms of average silver per run,  T9 is actually the most profitable by a large margin over the others. The table above excludes any mob dropped silver or dangerous chest silver.  Those are pretty minimal compared to gear sell prices at later tiers. This is also without any drop rate buffs.  Time was not used as a factor in any of the above calculations.

Also, any time I'm doing math, I should always put some kind of disclaimer to be very skeptical 😛

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I don't know what can be done or how to make it better, but something needs to change with silver farming. Unused valor exchanged for silver!?

The fact that the current endgame bosses drop 100 or less silver (and rarely drop gear) but the appropriate gear crafting at the stage is astronomically high. Well that's just a bit silly.

The bad drop rates similar for me. I think "Odds of Lootbag" is way too high (t8-9) in your table. (I assume that is single items of Gear. If you get multiple then adds to the odds)

t8 keys or keys from quests in general seem too low. (skel key is fine.)

I think aura stones have no influence on the fall of things in the bag at all. I checked many times and I see no difference, except that you must not leave the computer for 3 hours and stay on your mobs to pick up resources or a tiny amount of silver.

Hey there Numenter! I hear you - it does sound like you had a few pretty unlucky runs, but it's worth investigating to make sure that our drop / loot tables are functioning as intended. While I like the idea of one guaranteed gear drop (because hey, who doesn't like gear!?) it would throw our balance off a bit and make crafting T9 less "worth it." 

Instead, I suspect it would be best for us to 1. look into these loot tables and make sure all is well, and 2. see if there are other ways that we can make silver more accessible as a reward to players. Our big quest rework is coming in February, and I can assure you that at least one of the rewards will be in terms of silver.

Was there a change to drop rates in a recent patch? Before today I was getting decent loot rates on hard dungeons (the above listed 30% sounds about right in my experience). But today I maybe got 3-4 pieces of gear over easily 20+ dungeons, while using both aura stones. A bit frustrating that. I'm barely breaking even after key cost.

Same here, I've gotten two pieces of gear over 18 runs which makes it feel like something is definitely off in the balance.

I've verified with the team that didn't make any changes to loot drops, but we suspect that a bug could be causing issues. We're going to do some testing today and look into the issue further, thank you for reaching out!

• Sad 1