Skrurg

A bit worried about the legacies rework

Hi,

I read in these forums and in game that legacies, abilities, and bullet patterns are going to be reworked.
Bullet patterns will be moved from imprints to legacies, some legacies effects will be moved to equipment. Also new legacies for subclasses abilities.

Currently, for most players, legacies along with weapon prefixes are the main means of improving our characters.
Collecting them takes A LOT of time and effort. It might also, directly or not, involve spending real money to make things easier and faster.

What i am concerned with, is that this rework could make many legacies, all weapons prefixes imprints, and most enchanted equipment obsolete.
Previously, if i understand correctly, obsolete items were "deprecated", and sadly it basically meant that you could just throw them into the bin.
In my opinion, while losing a bit of progress here an there is acceptable in an early acess game, potentially losing so much at once is not.

So, i have a few questions:

- roughly, what's the current ETA for this rework? January is over and i didn't see any news.
- will the rework really render most of our precious items obsolete/deprecated? And if so,
- could you maybe provide a list (even subject to change) of possibly affected items, so that we don't waste our resources on them?
- will there be any compensation? And if so,
- have you already thought of suitable ones? What could these be? Will this be discussed with the community?

I understand that maybe you don't want to tell too much too early, or to make promises you might not be able keep.
On the other hand, i think players will want to be assured they won't lose most of their progress, before investing into the game.

Thanks!

Edited by Skrurg

24 minutes ago, quipham said:

They have google sheet for this one.

Thanks! I agree that our abilities need an overhaul, and these are interesting ideas.

Unfortunately, however, that doesn't really answer my questions, or alleviate my concerns about losing progression.

I think the ETA was April/May, but as I know them it will probably be later than this. So way too early to worry about it and you won't get detailed information on the update either.

Edited by ApfelSwag

16 hours ago, Skrurg said:

Hi,

I read in these forums and in game that legacies, abilities, and bullet patterns are going to be reworked.
Bullet patterns will be moved from imprints to legacies, some legacies effects will be moved to equipment. Also new legacies for subclasses abilities.

Currently, for most players, legacies along with weapon prefixes are the main means of improving our characters.
Collecting them takes A LOT of time and effort. It might also, directly or not, involve spending real money to make things easier and faster.

What i am concerned with, is that this rework could make many legacies, all weapons prefixes imprints, and most enchanted equipment obsolete.
Previously, if i understand correctly, obsolete items were "deprecated", and sadly it basically meant that you could just throw them into the bin.
In my opinion, while losing a bit of progress here an there is acceptable in an early acess game, potentially losing so much at once is not.

So, i have a few questions:

- roughly, what's the current ETA for this rework? January is over and i didn't see any news.
- will the rework really render most of our precious items obsolete/deprecated? And if so,
- could you maybe provide a list (even subject to change) of possibly affected items, so that we don't waste our resources on them?
- will there be any compensation? And if so,
- have you already thought of suitable ones? What could these be? Will this be discussed with the community?

I understand that maybe you don't want to tell too much too early, or to make promises you might not be able keep.
On the other hand, i think players will want to be assured they won't lose most of their progress, before investing into the game.

Thanks!

Hey there Skrug,

Totally understandable! The target date for this update is March, so many of these details have not been finalized yet. I can definitely tell you that if all Legacies/gear somehow would become deprecated, we would be sure to give players some sort of compensation to make up for any losses - once cards are deprecated they can still be consumed for Valr, but we want to make sure that this rework wouldn't render all of your efforts null. I'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as these details are finalized, because this is going to be one of the biggest reworks in Survived By's history - and I want to make sure we get everyone's feedback on it before we release it out into the world.

I'll keep in touch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads up!

On 2/1/2019 at 4:56 PM, hh_katherine said:

once cards are deprecated they can still be consumed for Valr

Upgrading a legacy to lvl 50 costs about 100 000 valr, and consuming gives a maximum of 500 (for a legendary one!) regardless of the level. Quite harsh, but in normal conditions, when player choses to consume a legacy, he/she is the only one responsible for that decision.

However, if a legacy becomes deprecated and consuming is the only option, then the player is penalized for the developer's decision, not his/hers. In those circumstances, getting only 500 Valr for a fully upgraded legendary legacy as a "compensation" would feel extremely unfair IMO.

Edited by Skrurg

If a legacy was deprecated, I'd assume they would determine the Valr required per level obtained and return it in full rather than the normal 500, or at least that is what I had hoped..  I'd also like to see the static consume 500 changed under normal circumstances to return a percentage of the level.  Anywhere from 30% to 70% of the total Valr invested.  While the Well has had some issues and allowed for.. an easier Valr gain than I think was designed, 500 Valr returned from a level 50 Legendary does not seem like an adequate value in any case.

• Like 1