Sign in to follow this  
Kelphaz

GUILDS! :)

Hello Fellow Ancestors!

Unfortunately, I have been very busy the past 30 days playing Survived By so I haven't had much time to visit the forums to post my ideas. Farming relics is currently my full time job and Monster Energy Drinks don't come cheap. So without rambling for another 5 minutes... lets get straight to GUILDS, and how I think they could be set up for GREATNESS!

Creation / Joining a Guild
- When you log in you will see we've added a "Banner" Icon to your tool bar, located just under your map. The banner default icon is white, and will change to your guild banner as soon as you join or create a guild.
- To join or create a guild, simply click that icon which will lead you to two buttons... Join or Create. If you click join, you will be able to enter the name of the guild you desire to join. That guild will then have a request from you to join. Once accepted you will be part of that guild. If you click create, you will then have to enter a Unique Guild Name, and select the 2 colors and the symbol that will make up your guild banner. After you are done with your customization, you will be required to pay 50k silver to officially create your guild. Please note: Your Guild name and banner are permanent and you will not be able to change them later without making a new guild.

Guild Leveling 
- A new guild will start out at Level 1 and will be able to level up to 50. This is accomplished by slaying enemies, just like leveling up a character or a piece of gear. Everyone in your guild helps level it up as a team. The guild will get harder and harder to level up and will take a large amount of teamwork and time to fully level up a guild.

Guild Player Count
- Guild members will show up blue on the map, and you will have a specific chat tab to talk with only your guild members. At level 1 you may have a total of 10 players in your guild, and as you level it you will receive more space for more players to join as shown below:
Level 1 Guild - 10 Players | Level 10 Guild - 15 players | Level 20 Guild - 20 players | Level 30 Guild - 25 players | Level 40 Guild - 30 players | Level 50 Guild - 35 players 

Guild Buffs
-Every guild will have have access to five different "Guild Buffs" they can acquire and upgrade. At level 10 you are allowed to unlock 1 buff. At level 20 you unlock the next buff. At level 50 you will have access to all the buffs. Please note: You get to choose which buff you unlock at those levels, so talk with your Guild before choosing wisely. 
- The guild buffs will be based off some of the old relics that were never introduced into Early Access... that is until now: EXP Increase, Silver Drop Increase, Valr Gain Increase, Craft Time Reductions, Teleportaion Cost Reuction. (Increase Drop rate maybe a good replacing for Teleportation Cost Reduction though...)
- These 5 guild buffs will start out at level 1 when you unlock them and can be leveled up to 10. The guild buffs will be applied to all guild members for free as soon as that guild unlocks that buff.  You can then level them up with silver to increase their effects. The first level increase will only cost 100k, however, as you level them up they will quickly require more and more silver. Leveling a buff all the way up will be impossible alone, so make sure you find and work together with your fellow ancestors.

Guild Weekly Competition
With the new relic system, everyone is out farming T9's for relics. Well with the introduction of guilds, we also wanted to sport a little friendly competition! Every time you go out and complete a HARD-MODE dungeon (T9), you get 1 point for whichever dungeon you completed for your guild. Example: If you go out and kill the heart of the forest (T7h) three times, then your guild will gain 3 (T7H) points towards that weeks total. At the end of each week, 50 Electrum will be given out to the members of the winning guild(s) in each dungeon category (t2-t8) and will displayed on a leaderboard. Example below:

GUILD WEEKLY DUNGEON POINTS
T2: Sephos Warriors (505 points)
T3: Beach Bums (603 Points)
T4:  Soggy Cookies (200 Points)
T5: Sephos Warriors (140 Points)
T6: Sloth Army (69 Points)
T7: Sephos Warriors (89 Points)
T8: Soggy Cookies ( 95 Points) 

In this example we see the guild "Sephos Warriors" took first place in T2, T5, and T7 granting all their members 50 x 3  Eletrum rewards. 

Conclusion:
I feel this would be a GREAT system that solves a lot of potential problems in the game... This gives players a fun way to both work together while also competing against other guilds in fun weekly challenges. Also, a lot of end game players have a lot of silver and the only thing to do with it currently is crafting. I personally have about 10 million silver and would love a fun silver dump (guild buff leveling). If you are a player like me PLEASE comment whether or not you'd like to see a system like this. I personally think it would be a huge improvement to the game. ❤️ Thank you all to those that read through all of this and that liked/commented. 

- Kelphaz

PS: Always happy to chat guild ideas on my stream as well! https://www.twitch.tv/kelphaz

Edited by Kelphaz
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I love a lot of your ideas Kelphaz thanks for posting. That being said I would like to add to some of your ideas.

10 hours ago, Kelphaz said:

Please note: Your Guild name and banner are permanent and you will not be able to change them later without making a new guild.

You should be able to change this for a fee HH still needs to make money and guild does not effect game play and people can change there minds.

Guild Leveling- you say leveling will take teamwork yet people can just play solo to level the guild. I recommend a slight boost in experience gain towards guild leveling when in a group solo you get 1x experience, duo 1.25x experience, three people 1.5x experience etc.

Also I think starting Guild Roster of 10 is a good number, but 35 at max level is a large amount of the player base currently so maybe cap it 20 for now. This number could change as the player base grows.

Guild Competition sounds fun, but I think guilds should be limited to one prize per week so No lifers(Kelphaz) do not discourage other guilds from attempting to win. Also similar to guild level possible give more points to running in groups to encourage group play.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Kelphaz said:

- When you log in you will see we've added a "Banner" Icon to your tool bar, located just under your map. The banner default icon is white, and will change to your guild banner as soon as you join or create a guild.

Presumably, this would require the implementation of some sort of "icon creator", maybe put this on the back-burner for now as it's purely cosmetic and not as essential to the guild system as other features. I like the idea, but fixes of current issues should be prioritized over developing things that only give small, unnecessary changes as a result.

- To join or create a guild, simply click that icon which will lead you to two buttons... Join or Create. If you click join, you will be able to enter the name of the guild you desire to join. That guild will then have a request from you to join. Once accepted you will be part of that guild.

I believe that guild members should be inviting players, not the other way around. Not only is this standard across most games (and thus familiar to players without explanation), but it avoids problems like guild staff being spammed with players attempting to join (these would probably have to sit in a queue of some sort leading to more necessary code to support this function, as well as being less clean than just a guild inviting online players), and would likely lead to easier ui/ux implementation (e.g. a member would click on a player to invite, but in the reverse case, a guild-less player would click on a player in a guild, then request to join the guild through them (or by typing a likely case-sensitive name which is already annoying in itself).

After you are done with your customization, you will be required to pay 50k silver to officially create your guild. Please note: Your Guild name and banner are permanent and you will not be able to change them later without making a new guild.

Price seems good, but maybe consider other requirements such as account age, character level, or something else that would add another progression element to the game.

Permanent name/banner seems pointless. Allowing them to be changed (for electrum) adds an additional revenue stream to HH as well as adding convenience for guild owners (could you imagine having to kick everyone from a guild, delete the guild, create a new one, re-level it up and invite people just to change the name?).

Guild Leveling 
- A new guild will start out at Level 1 and will be able to level up to 50. This is accomplished by slaying enemies, just like leveling up a character or a piece of gear. Everyone in your guild helps level it up as a team. The guild will get harder and harder to level up and will take a large amount of teamwork and time to fully level up a guild.

I like this. Another idea would be to supplement a straight XP grind with challenges/milestones, potentially as a capstone for each level (e.g. going from level 5->6 requires 50,000 experience points and complete the challenge: "Defeat T5 Hard boss 10 times"). This not only adds more "content" to the game, but it would foster a better sense of community as players would likely end up working together to achieve these challenges (and would eventually have to as challenges become increasingly difficult). As opposed to players being able to play individually and still contribute xp to the guild. This could be trivially implemented by reusing the existing challenge/achievement code.

Guild Player Count
- Guild members will show up blue on the map, and you will have a specific chat tab to talk with only your guild members.

Blue on map is good stuff. An additional chat tab would be a nuisance with the chat box in its current state. It already is buggy (for me anyway) and only supports normal global chat + combat log, before you need to use the arrow to access additional chats, which in my experience has been buggy/fails to work frequently.

Level 1 Guild - 10 Players | Level 10 Guild - 15 players | Level 20 Guild - 20 players | Level 30 Guild - 25 players | Level 40 Guild - 30 players | Level 50 Guild - 35 players

I like this concept, but agree with Nojaw. Player caps should be proportional to the community of the game and should be updated as the player count changes.

Guild Buffs
-Every guild will have have access to five different "Guild Buffs" they can acquire and upgrade. At level 10 you are allowed to unlock 1 buff. At level 20 you unlock the next buff. At level 50 you will have access to all the buffs. Please note: You get to choose which buff you unlock at those levels, so talk with your Guild before choosing wisely. 
- The guild buffs will be based off some of the old relics that were never introduced into Early Access... that is until now: EXP Increase, Silver Drop Increase, Valr Gain Increase, Craft Time Reductions, Teleportaion Cost Reuction. (Increase Drop rate maybe a good replacing for Teleportation Cost Reduction though...)
- These 5 guild buffs will start out at level 1 when you unlock them and can be leveled up to 10. The guild buffs will be applied to all guild members for free as soon as that guild unlocks that buff.  You can then level them up with silver to increase their effects. The first level increase will only cost 100k, however, as you level them up they will quickly require more and more silver. Leveling a buff all the way up will be impossible alone, so make sure you find and work together with your fellow ancestors.

I agree with this entire section. We need more end-game silver sinks, this seems reasonable, straight-forward, and relatively easily to implement thinking of already existing functions in the game (legacies/t9 boss buffs code could be reused).

Guild Weekly Competition
With the new relic system, everyone is out farming T9's for relics. Well with the introduction of guilds, we also wanted to sport a little friendly competition! Every time you go out and complete a HARD-MODE dungeon (T9), you get 1 point for whichever dungeon you completed for your guild. Example: If you go out and kill the heart of the forest (T7h) three times, then your guild will gain 3 (T7H) points towards that weeks total. At the end of each week, 50 Electrum will be given out to the members of the winning guild(s) in each dungeon category (t2-t8) and will displayed on a leaderboard.

I definitely definitely agree with Nojaw. The idea of a competition is cool, but we can't have that one guild full of unemployed virgins winning every week. Some sort of cap needs to be implemented if directly competing with other guilds, or, drop the competition and just make it a weekly resetting goal that multiple guilds can achieve. Either way, I am hesitant to make electrum this easy to acquire (both for the economy's sake, and for HH's bank account's sake). Perhaps giving out bloodstone and a smaller amount would be more appropriate.

Leaderboard is a good idea and could be combined with the well leaderboard potentially.

Hi Kelphaz! Sorry for the delay, I read through this yesterday and wanted to run some of it by members of the team first. Going to go through each of these.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:41 AM, Kelphaz said:

- To join or create a guild, simply click that icon which will lead you to two buttons... Join or Create. If you click join, you will be able to enter the name of the guild you desire to join. That guild will then have a request from you to join. Once accepted you will be part of that guild. If you click create, you will then have to enter a Unique Guild Name, and select the 2 colors and the symbol that will make up your guild banner. After you are done with your customization, you will be required to pay 50k silver to officially create your guild. Please note: Your Guild name and banner are permanent and you will not be able to change them later without making a new guild.

I love the idea of having a visible banner on screen. Customizing banners is an awesome idea, but I suspect if we did something like this it would be a set number of patterns, dyes, and icons that you'd have to choose from rather than full customization (which is what you suggested anyways.) Just a heads up! As for the cost to create a guild, I'm not certain what the cost would be or if we'd require one at all - but in general, totally on board here!

Guild Leveling 

I also like the idea of a guild level. Maybe the guild level determines the icon on your guild banner? It's cool because it gives the team a collective set of goals that don't have to correspond to power or anything that would impact gameplay or give an unfair advantage to guilds vs. nonaffiliated players. So far so good!

Guild Player Count
- Guild members will show up blue on the map, and you will have a specific chat tab to talk with only your guild members. At level 1 you may have a total of 10 players in your guild, and as you level it you will receive more space for more players to join as shown below:

I know that special icons that signify members of your guild is definitely planned, as well as a private guild chat. The idea of guild capacity moving up with level is cool too, and will help us balance the achievements required to move between each level.

Guild Buffs

We want guilds to provide some sort of special benefit, but we don't know what that will be quite yet. I think the system you outlined is nice, but wouldn't want to promise anything until we've gotten closer to their release and finalized the design a bit more. That being said, I'll definitely bring this feedback to those meetings and keep it in mind as we set that up.

Guild Weekly Competition
With the new relic system, everyone is out farming T9's for relics. Well with the introduction of guilds, we also wanted to sport a little friendly competition! Every time you go out and complete a HARD-MODE dungeon (T9), you get 1 point for whichever dungeon you completed for your guild. Example: If you go out and kill the heart of the forest (T7h) three times, then your guild will gain 3 (T7H) points towards that weeks total. At the end of each week, 50 Electrum will be given out to the members of the winning guild(s) in each dungeon category (t2-t8) and will displayed on a leaderboard. Example below:

This is really fun too! We would have to be careful about any sort of Electrum giveaway, as guilds could be given an unfair advantage that would give them access to a lot of premium currency with that system. That said, Electrum could be subbed out for Bloodstone and that would be more feasible. Regardless, I think the concept of a server-wide guild leaderboard sounds like a lot of fun, we'll just have to sort out rewards. 

Thank you for sending this along, I think this is great and will ticket these up. Let me know if you think of anything else!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2