Ozryela

The 250K valr cap is ridiculous!

So far I've spent probably about 3 million valr in this game (most of it before the introduction of the cap) and I still miss most of the good legendary legacies. For example of the four best legacies for Harbringer I still miss 2. Of the 6 <class> master legacies I have found only 1. In other words, the drop rate for good legacies is very, very, low. Getting the legacies you actually want will probably take 20 million valr or more.

At 250K valr per well run that's months of grinding. For most people a well run will take at least an hour (including time spent buying and discarding legacies), maybe a bit less if you're spending bloodstone. And it's a mindbogglingly boring grind too. You're not doing any new content, you're just repeating the same low level dungeons again and again.

And of course old players who already have all their legacies do not care about any of this. They aren't affected by this nerf. Only new players are. It's like you designed this change specifically to chase away new players.

Please undo this disastrous change. And bring back the exp bonus on spiders too, to make leveling to 20 actually fast and fun.

Or, alternatively: give an option to buy a specific legacy you want for 250K valr. That way at least you know you always get something for a well run.

Hey there Ozryela,

I can definitely understand where you'd see a major difference if you were able to rack up 3 million valr previously - however, the Well wasn't purposefully designed for Valr to be collected that quickly, nor were Legendaries meant to be easily accessible. We want them to be rare drops that really do feel special. We're open to making small adjustments to this cap, however.

The spiders, unfortunately, were also not an intentional design choice and worked against the purpose of the game's dungeons and Heartlands. There's a lot of content for players to run through - skipping to level 25 in a few minutes (we've seen times as low as 3 minutes) by using the spiders is generally unhealthy for the game.

I think both of you have made good points.

I think that the 250k is slightly low and when people were exploiting the well relog bug to have as much time as the wanted 3 million valr was far to much. I think that 500k would be a much more reasonable number because even if you were to get 10 legacy cards you want to keep currently that is still 4 more well runs required to level those cards and at about 1 hour each attempt that is 4 hours of grinding not including the time it takes to get those cards. At 500k you are more likely to get a card or two that you want to keep and level it.

As far as spiders go, I helped with the 3 minute level and that was someone with the xp potion and stones, but spider power leveling was broken and I am glad to see that it was fixed. And I am hoping once parties is introduced in the coming weeks that the level requirement for dungeons is not considered so we can help friends power level. It will still take at least 20 minutes to level I believe, I could be wrong, and there seem to be some decent alternatives to spiders that is not running dungeons right now anyhow.

I know neither of those were intended mechanics. But they actually worked pretty well, and now that you have removed them the game is kinda broken. And I'm not alone in thinking this. I've spoken to quite a few players about this, and there seems to be near universal agreement that the 250K valr cap is a bad one.

I understand you don't want players to finish all content in the game in under a week. That would be bad for the longevity of the game. But there are better ways to do that then by forcing your players to endlessly repeat the same early game content again and again. There's no skill or risk involved in well runs. It's just a boring grind. And it's extremely luck based too. Some players will be done in 2 runs, others will take 200. That is going to frustrate a lot of players. It already is frustrating a lot of players.

From a game balancing perspective the change is also a bad one, because it makes the game harder for new players while leaving old players entirely alone. That's the opposite of what you want to do if you want to attract new players. You should be adding new content to challenge the old players, while making the early game content progressively easier so new players can catch up. The way you have done things now new players will simple never, ever, ever catch up to old players. What's the point of starting to play this game, if you know it will take you several months of grinding to get what players who started before you (who had much easier valr, much better relics, easier dungeons *and* an auction house) got in mere weeks.

TL:DR: Whether the old mechanics were intended or not is immaterial. The current changes make break the game by making it boring and fundamentally unfair to new players.

• Like 1

Stop these updates and fix Auction House you'll get MORE players and a thriving community.. There's no more that 200 people on spread around different server....

On 2/11/2019 at 10:50 PM, Ozryela said:

So far I've spent probably about 3 million valr in this game (most of it before the introduction of the cap) and I still miss most of the good legendary legacies. For example of the four best legacies for Harbringer I still miss 2. Of the 6 <class> master legacies I have found only 1. In other words, the drop rate for good legacies is very, very, low. Getting the legacies you actually want will probably take 20 million valr or more.

At 250K valr per well run that's months of grinding. For most people a well run will take at least an hour (including time spent buying and discarding legacies), maybe a bit less if you're spending bloodstone. And it's a mindbogglingly boring grind too. You're not doing any new content, you're just repeating the same low level dungeons again and again.

And of course old players who already have all their legacies do not care about any of this. They aren't affected by this nerf. Only new players are. It's like you designed this change specifically to chase away new players.

Please undo this disastrous change. And bring back the exp bonus on spiders too, to make leveling to 20 actually fast and fun.

Or, alternatively: give an option to buy a specific legacy you want for 250K valr. That way at least you know you always get something for a well run.

I do not agree. I farm valor in two weeks in December, getting 150-200 thousand for 1 time before the developers greatly increased the amount of valor received, which many thought was wrong. My friends and I were incredibly sad when people wrote about what they get by the millions. Now it looks perfect, as it should be.

Edited by Med0nt

BAD GAME DESIGN!

@hh_katherine look, the main thing - you must to play in your game and feel the way of new players, without admin panel tricks. Only by that way you could understand whats wrong with it.
To farm good legacies roster (only for 1 class) right now you need to spend around few month only for lvling and well jump, its insane! leave all gameplay and just jump into the well trial again and again over few month? I have spent around 12 millions of valrs (just counted all that I get for entire game) and I still dont have a lot of legacies that I want, because this  stupid korean random is annoing, invest your time, in game where you can die in 1 shot at any situation and get nothing good as reward. I agree with topic starter - first allow us to buy multiply legacies at once (currently its not work), second rise the cap to 750k or allow us to buy direct legacy that we want by spending 250k valrs. Game should be friendly, hardcore its not about grind and korean randomiser, there is a lot of games and you will keep loos audince and get BAD Steam replies if you wont fix your game balance. Why there is still (1 year passed since closed beta) no any tutorial quest that explain gameplay, just add  "speaking head" with subtitels under it that will introduce main game features to new players, do not put it on community. For me its really nice and interesting game, but design of main gameplay features such as legacies and relics farm, that you can loose in 1 second is very bad. When you zeroing user invested time and by not their fault, one thing if user made big mistake and die - another is go to farm for weeks, get nothing and if you get something you will loose it in lags, players will leave the game, just ask yourself are you doing game for yourself and let it die or for gamers and you want it to GROFIT (grove and give profit)? 

About valrs and legacies farm - I want to try new class, geomancer, but just 1 thought about current legacies grind made me upset and I trow away that idea. If you dont have good legacies - you will suck, its true, before "crit chance" update other classes was a bit playable, but now for new players with no gear, no relics, no legacies its really TOO HARD. Instead of nerfing everything you should do something with class balance and up their damage, alchemist should be reworked, his skill must have x3 larger area and do much more damage. Harb should choose its targets not by closest one enemies but only with player selection (on tab for example and fix on target), sentinel as low damage dealer should have x2 damage boost  while he stands in his aura zone, geomancer turrets must shoot further and foe should fly faster. Suggestion about every ingame class, to prevent lag deaths here is SIMPLE solution that will confort anyone - just extend health in half (people wont be dead by any lag accident because they will have more chances to survive and mobs that currently can kill you in 1 shot , but you must spam a lot of attacks, will be balanced by this way too) 

Today I failed to invite people from my own discord (I have over 200 people personal auditory) in game because they read Steam reviews and says to me - if you are mazahist its ok but we dont want to play this unfair game.  

Edited by deadushka

Hi @deadushka - I understand where you're coming from, and I promise that we do spend time in game testing and evaluating the game without Admin help. That said, it's super helpful having community feedback to provide their perspectives and experiences, as it has a major influence on our decisions. I really appreciate your suggestions - and we are definitely conscious of these Steam reviews and try to reach out and help when we can. There are several major updates/overhauls (ALs, quests, Parties/guilds) to look forward to that we hope will improve everyone's experience and make the game even better. Thank you for sticking with us while we keep working at it!

• Like 1