Sign in to follow this  
Sniper009

Upgrading Gear Level

After the latest patch with the overhaul of the crafting system, I cannot find where I can use my embers and remnant to upgrade my bow.  I looked everywhere in the crafting UI and can't find anywhere to do it.  I assumed it would be under 'modify', but that section only lets you change the prefix, suffix, or add a socket.  Anyone out there that can help?  Thanks

17 hours ago, Sniper009 said:

After the latest patch with the overhaul of the crafting system, I cannot find where I can use my embers and remnant to upgrade my bow.  I looked everywhere in the crafting UI and can't find anywhere to do it.  I assumed it would be under 'modify', but that section only lets you change the prefix, suffix, or add a socket.  Anyone out there that can help?  Thanks

Refine

• Thanks 1

23 часа назад, hh_katherine сказал:

Спасибо @Med0nt ! Я передам эту обратную связь нашим пользователям пользовательского интерфейса и посмотрю, есть ли что-то, что мы можем сделать, чтобы сделать это более ясным.

It looks good. The problem is that it is not usual for those who played on the old interface.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Don't worry OP. You aren't crazy.
I noticed this immediately after testing the update and had it in my list. 
Most of the bugs in that patch could have been fixed in a day or two, honestly. 
Not sure they understood me though, since it's still missing and everything is still broken.

Refine? No. You don't refine to upgrade a suffix.
Refine can combine charms/mats - it has nothing for upgrading a suffix or any other aspect of a bow.

There is no way to upgrade a suffix in the new crafting interface because it was on the list of things that made crafting useful.
Everything that made crafting useful was intentionally broken to examine metrics and the effects on average player behavior.
I shall call this the Crafting Utility A/B Test Conspiracy. 
Wake up sheeple!

Edited by paradoxofchoice

@Paradox any bugs that are found in updates are ones that got past QA or were missed, so even if it's a very easy fix that's why it's still in the game - it was an oversight, not intentional. That said, we have been trying to cut down on hotfixes for anything that is non-critical since it was very disruptive to players and we received feedback indicating that this was an issue where fewer hotfixes were preferred. Many of the bugs that were reported or found in last week's update should be fixed for this Wednesday :). Thank you for always helping out and reporting these bugs for us, we really appreciate it! QA time tends to be very limited so we are grateful for the community's time.