Sign in to follow this  
hh_katherine

Survived By Early Access Week 16 + 17

***This patch contains a bug that causes a full set of thorns gear to drop from bosses and full drops on enemies, so we will be rolling back progress to this morning before the update. It is recommended that you do not log in and play, as that progress will be lost. I apologize for this inconvenience, stay tuned for updates.***

Gameplay

•     The Druid's Bear Form attack no longer has a charge component.
    • The attack is now a swipe that shoots 9 short-range projectiles in a half-circle formation, with a short delay between each. The closer you are to an enemy, the more bullets will hit it. (Visually, picture a clock with the first bullet firing at the 3, then 2, then 1, 12, 11, 10, and the last one firing in the 9 position.)
  •     Notifications for the Resurgence attacks have been updated to be more informative.
  •     Pings now send out a growing circle so that even if the location is not visible the direction can still be inferred.
  •     The caps on Well duration and Valr earned are being met far too easily, so the formulas setting Wraith stats and Valr rewards have been updated.
  •     The layout of the Well has been updated to limit locations where the wraiths can get stuck.
  •     Rewards now scale with party size (ex: with a full party size, drop rates are doubled)
  •     Wraith behavior has been updated so that they are far less likely to start ignoring you.
  •     Edit: Catalysts can now be sold for silver
  •     Edit: The in-game bug reporter has been disabled for now - please utilize our bug-reporting forums to report bugs
  •     The Followup Ancestral Legacy has been deprecated  is no longer awarded to new players, as it could be abused for infinite health energy. The legacy will be reworked and will return in a few weeks. (It was intended to be deprecated, so this will happen in the next patch.)
  •     Some objects in the world that looked like they should have collision but didn't, now have collision
  •     Updated the text for the T1 Stage 2 Daily Quest to indicate where the insane to be treated are located
  •     Reduced the number of Leo Chimera that must be killed during the T3 Stage 1 Daily Quest
  •     Reduced the number of totems that must be collected during the T3 Stage 2 Daily Quest
  •     Increased the numbers of flowers that drop during the T4 Stage 1 Daily Quest
  •     Reduced the number of tombs that must be visited during the T4 Stage 2 Daily Quest
  •     Fixed a bug where T10 crafting was not accepting modified gear properly
  •     Fixed a bug where socketing an item was not functioning
  •     Fixed a bug that was allowing monsters to spawn while in view
  •     Fixed a bug where scroll position was not maintained in the Vault
  •     Fixed a bug where a portion of the environment was floating in T8
  •     Fixed a bug where two different Hindering debuffs could stack on the player
  •     Fixed a bug where an incorrect name was given for the T2, T4 and T5 Daily Quests
  •     Fixed a bug where the key for the Conduit of Fire was not being sold in the shop
  •     Fixed a bug where Greater Well Wraiths would stop spawning
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

What about getting sockets from t10 items when crafting , will this be fixed aside from the mechanics of putting pristine iris?

What about charms do they work if they have the same effect 

eg: 2 ur charms lvl6, I heard they don't have any effect

AL: Shall we consume our deprecated follow up or will we get it back when it is fixed.

Are the random DMG spikes of monsters fixed?

Any compensations for t10 crafting? (I meant materials or irises for the long gone socket system when crafting cuz I think it could've saved a lot of time grinding for irises when they ain't broken for a very long time)

Edited by XReap
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

As a person that can find problems with anything, I am having trouble finding many problems with this update.
Maybe I should test it before I say anything, but it looks very good just reading through the notes.
-More collision objects. T5 and T7 have invisible collision objects! Fix that instead!
-Would be nice to see just a couple more crafting bug fixes. 
-Druid change being a 180 half-circle could be dicey.
-Followup deprecation vs nerfing is kinda dicey.
-Maybe a few new bugs? Idk, I'll have to see.
-"Well grind" may seem worse to people.
(new players are still getting 0 Valr)

Anyway, it's hard to find negatives in a good patch.
Well changes are a few steps in the right direction, I think, but it's a hazardous journey.
I would love to see more problems of the well chipped away until the final-boss-problem can finally be assaulted (the cap).

Bug fixes of all sorts are good to see, especially the ones like late-game crafting.
Suffix upgrading isn't on the fix list, but it is secondary to T10, so that's ok.

Shredding away at the tedious aspects of the daily quests will have a bigger impact than people might know.
1 minute saved for 100 people doing quests for 100 days is a lot of time for them to do something else.
If I can imagine opening the game and immediately start to make progress, I'm more likely to open it.

The T1S2 quest dialogue may seem insignificant to some people, but I have actually answered that question like 20 times.
I am not always around when people ask where are the insane people, so it's probably asked way more on NA1 alone.
Also I am a crazy person, but I'm pretty sure at least 19/20 of those people were talking about the quest.

Party drop rate scaling is going to have a massive impact.
People will ask others to group up for things a lot more often now.
It will also amplify the game's 'virality factor' and overall staying power in tight social circles.
Someone could leave the game only to have their friends begging them to return thanks to the incentive.

also this:

5 hours ago, hh_katherine said:
  •     Ping+1

10/10 update.

5 hours ago, XReap said:

What about getting sockets from t10 items when crafting , will this be fixed aside from the mechanics of putting pristine iris?

Any compensations for t10 crafting? (I meant materials or irises for the long gone socket system when crafting cuz I think it could've saved a lot of time grinding for irises when they ain't broken for a very long time)

It gives a lot more value to Pristines if the highest tier requires them, you know?
I don't see any valid reason why people would get a free copy of what is arguably the rarest item, just to make the difference between using T9/T10 for a while.

The only thing that would make sense for compensation of T10 being down would be a crafting time reduction potion or something similar, and only for the people that have a T10 crafting table. Since in theory, you could have been waiting all this time on the T10 to actually craft, so as compensation you would have a way to speed up some crafting for a few days to make the difference. Problem is economy stuff. 90% of people will just hoard the crafting potions I think, just like many of them would sell the pristines.

There is no world in which crafting being broken justifies giving you whatever you may have farmed had you crafted better gear sooner and farmed that thing faster.
"Auction house is finally working so I demand all the things I would have bought at the prices I would have bought them at as compensation!"
Sorry but these two things kinda look the same to me.

Edited by paradoxofchoice
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

LOL instead for extending CAP - they are making farm more harder, seems like devs do not hear us. Well jumps is already became rare thing, because grind of valrs requires too much time (1 month) only valr grinding process and no guarantee to gain that card you need. And now its even harder... 
And removing Follow Up without any new mechanics to compensate it? Every new patch bring so little amount of new content and a lot of nerfings, and too add this few strokes of implement features they are put patches on delay every time...  Main game developer rule - make hard grind rewarded to satisfy player, and keep him in game, not boring, satisfied!  that same way as mobile games works and keep players to be addictive to game,  to keep investing time and money - player got rewarded for his hard and long time grind, but now you can spend 24 hours for valr farming and dont get even bronze legacy you need. Or die in lags and loose everything include the relics you farmed by month! This situation making people  to be disappointed and left the game. Your current mechanics is broken and fun game (it was), that just have lack of new content right now broken at all. You add party gameplay without removing level restrictions and poor playerbase, its bad idea to add content that nobody needs. Btw you already have bearded mage model in blue hat - why not to add this class in game?

My beliefs in devs team is melt down. Why you keep killing your game? Are you want to stop players to play to say investors its not we are, its players fault, to release from project? Seems like that, are you want just to left you project because you guys dont want to work on it and put blame on players?

• Why crafter still not fixed?
  • Why you removed servers if there so much issues for Russian and Asian players, now everyone should use VPN and play with high ping in game that 1 shot can kill your character and  to loose month progress. And you not compensate it anyhow and left players with bad gameplay experience at they own. 
  • Why Auction house still not enabled if you already fixed the problem?
  • Why you broke sentinel and make him useless now? Are you testing anything before to add it in game?
  • Why offerings still bugged and sometime players not recover items (mailbox is empty)
  • Why account activation still broken, on this week I saw 10!!! people asking about that in discord and steam, seems like they are was ignored.
  • Support pack items (potions) still disappear and used buffs too.
  • Why challenges still bugged over 4 months by now, players dont receive any items or legacies by completing challenges?

Main problem - you have many broken elements (valr cap update, without extending it a bit after players feedback), then you nerfed crit and damage that affected everyone and you keep changing the mechanics of gameplay, we still have unstable servers, bad ping and you still keep ignoring that bugs and keep adding very controversial updates. We are were patient we have belief at you guys, but now its almost over. 

You should make public post with explanation of your work priorities and year 1 roadmap. Please tell to us why you not fixing bugs that exists since closed beta? Why you do not test you new updates and do not think how it could affect on players? 

Edited by deadushka
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, deadushka said:

LOL instead for extending CAP - they are making farm more harder, seems like devs do not hear us. Well jumps is already became rare thing, because grind of valrs requires too much time (1 month) only valr grinding process and no guarantee to gain that card you need. And now its even harder... 
And removing Follow Up without any new mechanics to compensate it? Every new patch bring so little amount of new content and a lot of nerfings, and too add this few strokes of implement features they are put patches on delay every time...  Main game developer rule - make hard grind rewarded to satisfy player, and keep him in game, not boring, satisfied!  that same way as mobile games works and keep players to be addictive to game,  to keep investing time and money - player got rewarded for his hard and long time grind, but now you can spend 24 hours for valr farming and dont get even bronze legacy you need. Or die in lags and loose everything include the relics you farmed by month! This situation making people  to be disappointed and left the game. Your current mechanics is broken and fun game (it was), that just have lack of new content right now broken at all. You add party gameplay without removing level restrictions and poor playerbase, its bad idea to add content that nobody needs. Btw you already have bearded mage model in blue hat - why not to add this class in game?

My beliefs in devs team is melt down. Why you keep killing your game? Are you want to stop players to play to say investors its not we are, its players fault, to release from project? Seems like that, are you want just to left you project because you guys dont want to work on it and put blame on players?

• Why crafter still not fixed?
  • Why you removed servers if there so much issues for Russian and Asian players, now everyone should use VPN and play with high ping in game that 1 shot can kill your character and  to loose month progress. And you not compensate it anyhow and left players with bad gameplay experience at they own. 
  • Why Auction house still not enabled if you already fixed the problem?
  • Why you broke sentinel and make him useless now? Are you testing anything before to add it in game?
  • Why offerings still bugged and sometime players not recover items (mailbox is empty)
  • Why account activation still broken, on this week I saw 10!!! people asking about that in discord and steam, seems like they are was ignored.
  • Support pack items (potions) still disappear and used buffs too.
  • Why challenges still bugged over 4 months by now, players dont receive any items or legacies by completing challenges?

Main problem - you have many broken elements (valr cap update, without extending it a bit after players feedback), then you nerfed crit and damage that affected everyone and you keep changing the mechanics of gameplay, we still have unstable servers, bad ping and you still keep ignoring that bugs and keep adding very controversial updates. We are were patient we have belief at you guys, but now its almost over. 

You should make public post with explanation of your work priorities and year 1 roadmap. Please tell to us why you not fixing bugs that exists since closed beta? Why you do not test you new updates and do not think how it could affect on players? 

*CLAPS*

@xreap - It's best to consume Follow Up, as almost all ALs will be deprecated with the rework and players will be compensated for that transition. When it comes back, it'll work differently too. Random damage spikes - I have heard that there are a few select creatures that may be doing more damage than intended, and have had QA investigate those. I don't believe that any related beast changes will be in this update. 

@ToSRyan - We have someone working on a fix for that, it wasn't in this update but will be in our next update/hotfix.

@ParadoxofChoice - that's awesome, happy to hear it! Where are you seeing invisible collision in T5/7? That's something we can fix pretty easily. In some locations (areas where players could get stuck, etc) invisible collision is an intentional choice, so I want to double check. This update was largely a QoL update which I think is great, but there's always room for more bug fixes - as mentioned to ToSRyan, I know there are at least a few more bugs that are "in progress" that didn't make it in this morning.

@Deaduska - Our Ancestral Legacy rework update is scheduled for our next release in 2 weeks, so it made the most sense to remove it for this update and spend that time working on bugs rather than patch in a quick fix or replacement for it that will be gone with our next update. Our guild update is underway and it will include a lot more functionality than the Party system, that should be coming within the next month. We certainly don't blame players for anything - we are always listening, but not all requests are something that we're able to address right away. Some requests also aren't a good fit for the game, or don't align with our future plans. That doesn't make them bad ideas, they just aren't always right for the game right now. As for some of the server issues - Russian IP blocking is an issue that's beyond reach right now, unfortunately, as it would require us to change server providers in order to possibly fix the problem. The AH hasn't been re-enabled yet because we had to do some pretty massive backend changes in order to safely reopen it - we're almost finished (it almost went in this week!) but we need to be absolutely certain that everything is solid in order to prevent a rollback, which is a worst-case scenario for both us and the players. The Sentinel and most other classes will have changes made to their base special ability but will also have a subset of new special abilities that come with our AL rework. Potions should be working as intended now, and we are planning to resend lost Supporter Pack potions next week. I hope this helps clear things up - our updates are tested by our QA team and we are working through bugs as quickly as we are able while still producing new content and going through crucial system reworks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hh_katherine said:

@ParadoxofChoice - Where are you seeing invisible collision in T5/7? That's something we can fix pretty easily. In some locations (areas where players could get stuck, etc) invisible collision is an intentional choice, so I want to double check.

I'll compile a list of all the "tile-based" problems I know of and toss it in the bugs forum later. 👍

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Wow, I spend hours grinding in game just to have it all reset. Thanks, I think I’m done for a little while. 

I get back on after a long time of not playing just to be reset, it’s a little frustrating 

Edited by Gree26

14 hours ago, Gree26 said:

Wow, I spend hours grinding in game just to have it all reset. Thanks, I think I’m done for a little while. 

I get back on after a long time of not playing just to be reset, it’s a little frustrating 

They only reset the progress of yesterday of like 2 hours. anything prior wasn't rolled back

Posted (edited)

Hi, all daily quest bosses have been heavily buffed. T3 Lion King was a long fight as a 25 lvl harb, T4 Wolf Boss almost killed me.

I don't see these changes in the patch notes.

I didn't test regular dungeons yet.

Edited by peakhunter

2 hours ago, peakhunter said:

Hi, all daily quest bosses have been heavily buffed. T3 Lion King was a long fight as a 25 lvl harb, T4 Wolf Boss almost killed me.

I don't see these changes in the patch notes.

I didn't test regular dungeons yet.

We're hotfixing this at 3:30PM CT today :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@hh_katherine First, I want to say i appreciate your involvement and answers in the forums, as a player it really gives the "warm and fuzzy" that you care.

I have a group of people that play together and we are neither casual, nor hardcore, but somewhere in between (think 2-5 hrs a night).  We really enjoy survived by, but have a few concerns with how things are trending.  We understand it is still early access, but what better time to speak and try to make the world we play in a little bit better place.  Please understand this is only our perception and opinion, you have the big picture of how you want this game to look and feel.

First, the early-mid mechanic of dying and becoming stronger through legacies seems a bit broken.  Even by completing challenges and getting a %chance at a premium legacy, the effect from dying up through t6 is minimal.  It essentially results in a regrind up to level 25 with the character not being any stronger at all.  Also, we have one guy that has the bug that he is unable to pass on an item after death which really "kills the mood."  This brings us to the well change in this patch.  Before, the best method to get valr and legacies was to die in the well.  The first time i did it i lasted less than a minute and only got one kill, but received more valr from that one kill than all my challenges completed, by far.  Now it wasn't enough to buy a high tier legacy but it felt perfect to make my character slightly stronger.  Yesterday, i went into the well and died quicker and got zero kills, this resulted in zero gain in power for my character.  I can't speak to the high end of the well but the start point felt perfect pre-patch.  Maybe just change the ramp up if you want to prevent people from hitting the 20 min mark.  As of now, there is no incentive to die in the well for a t6 and below character.  As a matter of fact, there is no benefit(ok, very, very little) to dying at all for a t6 and below char.

This leads perfectly into the next problem we seem to be facing.  We have found that dying doesn't add any benefit so the next logical thing is to continue to progress.  The jump from t6 to t7 is huge compared to all other progressions before it.  In full t6 gear the t7 dungeon is ridiculous.  When asking in game about it, most high level chars just say to skip it (that sucks), but now i understand why.  Not only does it not feel like a natural progression, it isn't really that fun (opinion).  The foliage removes the dip, duck, dive, dodge skill aspect almost completely.

These two things things combine to give two main paths to progression.  1. auction house- buy higher level gear to pass t7 (not ideal, feels like skipping a lot of game content). 2. find higher level char to level you through it. (again, not ideal, i want to feel like I personally have accomplished something, not just being dragged through content.)

I know there are a thousand other things that need fixing and you are working on them, but the things above feel like a stall in the "at least I'm moving forward" progression.

Thanks for reading

"I want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed." - Fezzik

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

late game has now become nearly impossible unless you are already really strong now that follow up is gone there is really no way to gain decent energy recovery unless you have really high potency. i have max t9 gear and a max t10 fragmentation bow and i get maybe 2 t0 5 energy per hit but no energy with the small frags that pop off at the end. so even with really good gear i cant fight chests in t9 without dying cause i cant kill them and using energy pots is not enough u go through all of them just to clear a room. Oh and cant forget well is impossible now you kill wraiths and they insta spawn back plus no energy gain so u cant kill them fast enough to prevent them from 1 or 2 shooting you.

• Like 1

@zifnab Thank you so much for reaching out! You're totally right - there's no better time than the present to speak up about any suggestions you may have. 

Several of these things are definitely bugs as you pointed out and not intentionally designed that way, so we'll definitely take a look - especially any issues that are preventing your friend from being able to pass to kin.

I definitely hear you on the well changes, I'm someone who isn't so great at lasting very long in the well haha! We're always open to rebalancing things as needed, and can investigate this as well. In general, we do agree that dying doesn't feel worth it right now. The big AL overhaul coming next update will, at the very least, provide you with legacies that cause serious impacts on your playstyle - Legacies that grant unique special abilities, shot patterns, and role customization (DPS/Healer/Tank.) I think that will help a bit because our current Legacies don't always feel worth dying for, but now there's at least a chance that you could get something pretty great. We're also looking at overhauling the death cycle itself, possibly giving the player access to areas that they can only see on death. 

We're hoping for the Auction House to come back in the next update, (fingers crossed) but your feedback about T7 is super helpful. It makes a lot of sense - if you can't see your character, it's hard to feel like you're in control of being shot. I'll bring that to the team for our next design meeting and see if there's something we can do to alleviate those issues.

Thank you for sharing this with me, it warms my heart to hear that you and your friends have made Survived By a part of your routine. If you have any additional details about what's happening to your friend when they try to claim their items on death, please let me know. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other feedback!