hh_katherine

A Message from the Survived By Team

After much deliberation and sadness, beginning today, we will be ceasing development of Survived By. We greatly appreciate the time you’ve spent playing Survived By since our launch in Closed Beta and all of the feedback you’ve provided.

This decision hasn’t come easily. We still believe in the core idea of Survived By, but after careful consideration of the game’s progress since its inception, we feel we won’t be able to reach the vision we originally conceived.

We plan to keep the Survived By servers up until April 19th, 2019 and disabling all in-game real money purchases later today. To anyone who has supported Survived By’s development, we’ll be giving full automatic refunds to everyone who has ever purchased items or packs in the coming weeks. 

Thank you all, Ancestors.

--The Survived By team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 11

Posted (edited)

Thanks for making the game, and sorry about making the highest rated comment on steam a negative review. I legitimately enjoyed the game, and hope another studio picks it up.

edit.. you should have never added micro-transactions that affected game play. That was a main reason for many people not picking it up.

Edited by ....04
microtransaction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gonna miss y'all a ton. Ty for all the work you put into it. I enjoyed what was around while it lasted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

R.I.P Survived By it was truly a wonderful experience for me, i enjoyed every second of trying to survive in the heartland. When it came to fighting monsters you had to stay on the move or you will die from the amount of bullets coming at you or you could have a group of people to help you out. but i'm here to voice my opinion for a part of the system i like personally and that would be the crafting system of course.  The crafting system i'd say was the most interesting part of the game that caught my curiosity, when it came to finding the materials you had 2-3 options 1)fight monsters 2) Looting the land for deposits or broken resin/wood and 3) Crafting the lower level materials into superior forms was an amazing idea, and for crafting the weapons or armor to get to put enchantments/scrolls on them made the player appreciate the armor and would decrease the amounts of armors sold off to the vendor instead of it being traded. The combat system , Quest system,  and the new Party system there's a lot i could say about them too but i wanted to voice my opinion for the crafting since it gives off the sense of survival and the rewards you receive from being creative. 

I am Squadwolf a player of Survived by and my character and more will be looking forwards to the developers someday looking back at this game and think of relaunching it.

Survived by (2017-2019) "Permadeath is just a beginning" -(Human Head Studios )

Edit: (pls no copyright i tried to find someone who might have thought of the sentence)

Edited by wolf01
  • Thanks 2

As a RotMG player, I and many of my friends watched Survived By from the sidelines; I tried it and it wasn't my cup of tea, but it's a beautiful game and I'm very sad to see it go. Best of luck to everyone who worked on the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Well... I was waiting for a few huge improvements from alphas... But guess they will never see daylight  :/ Till another title, Space Extremes 

Edited by Sekhet

SB had a lot of potential, which is why I bought into it early. My friends and I had been monitoring the game, waiting for the next big update. Sorry to see it go.

• Thanks 1

I hate to see such a good game go to waste. It's very unfortunate.

I know this is something no developer wants to do with their hard work but please look into a possible rights sharing/selling to keep the game alive. I would hate to see the game disappear for good after only 3 months in official release.

• Like 1

@hh_katherine I bought all of the packs fairly early on to support the developers (and a bit annoyed that's how this ends), but I was unable to really play the game much due to the business of my life as of late. I honestly was really enjoying the game, so it's a shame to see it go.

I'll also miss you, since you did help out not just me, but a lot of people. So.. goodbye Kathy, I guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the fun we had.  We will be sorry to see it end, I love the idea of the game and it's unfortunate that it didn't have a stronger following.  

@hh_katherine, you are truly one of the best forum moderators out there and i hope to see you again soon.

To all that put their hearts and souls into this game, thank you.  

• Thanks 1

@hh_katherine thanks for bearing with the community that threw some hurtful words to the team and especially to you.

I really enjoyed this game despite being a buggy one, I wish you guys can still make the game alive because I really find comfortable playing it. I enjoy it despite being full of bugs and even though I die and rage one time, I went back here because I really enjoy this game.

I was hoping that for years, game will thrive and be able to compete with some other games, but if that is not the case then so be it.

Goodluck to the team and sending so much respect to @hh_katherine for being the very best community manager that I have ever seen in every games

-Aeolia, fellow SB Player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hops said:

I hate to see such a good game go to waste. It's very unfortunate.

I know this is something no developer wants to do with their hard work but please look into a possible rights sharing/selling to keep the game alive. I would hate to see the game disappear for good after only 3 months in official release.

Yeah,  sharing and selling would keep the game alive. Try to sell drop boosters in store and I think it'll keep the game up

Posted (edited)

A - This could be one of the best games on Steam if you fix all the bugs, relic loss problems, and AL problems.

B - People would spend a lot of money on this game if the auction house and exchange were working.
(Even more if you fix the broken crafting economy and sell drop rate potions.)

C - New players would stick around for longer if you fix the Valr system.

D - High level players would stick around for longer if they had something beyond Goliath to work towards. 

E - It is not impossible to create a clientside anticheat with serverside sanity checks to save money.

F - All KPIs are deflated during Early Access due to uncertainty and preview mentality. People are waiting for you to 'finish the game'.

There are only short-sighted reasons for something like this... either from the developers, their bosses, or the people funding it.
Someone somewhere is not thinking very far ahead. Either that or someone ragequit and you don't know how to replace them?
idk, but this is my favorite game and I am extremely critical of games, so think about it for a minute with careful consideration.

Edited by paradoxofchoice
  • Thanks 1

I am really sorry to hear this. I admit that it was a few months that i didn't play the game but in these days I was saying "I really should play Survived By again". It was really fun for me, even playing alone, and it was special in some way, because I played it since the alpha release. I would have really liked to see it develop as a complete game because, in my opinion, it has a great potential. However I understand your decision as developers. I will play again until the servers will be shut down, to say good bye to this amazing game.

Thank you for what you have done for us players.

• Thanks 1

😭 There are some seriously heartwarming messages on here, thank you all for your support and appreciation for the game and the folks who worked on it.

This doesn't have to be goodbye! Feel free to send me a friend request on Discord (HH_Katherine#7632) or on Twitter (@HH_Katherine) if you'd like to keep in touch.

I'd like to host at least one more dev stream so we can have a little going away party for Survived By closer to April 19th. Stay tuned for details!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Came after break, saw only NPC's and old bugs just like it was before.. Went to forum just to say what do I think about that situation and then I saw this statement... Damn, i knew that It could happen since few months ago but still had some I still belive and had hope that maybe dev's will finally take a right course till game has some last chances to get up from knees somehow attract players to itself. Tbh There are no alternative games with that kind of gameplay other than rotmg or.. idk, have no other games like that in my mind. So much emptiness that this title had potential to fill up :< 
And now there are no other titles to migrate, spent too many hours in rotmg to even consider gettin back ughhh. Still have a little bit of hope that someday I will see unexpected msg in my mailbox about some ppl who would see trully potential of this game and try to make it right this time!

Posted (edited)

I really enjoyed the time I spent with the game.  Haven't played as much recently, but there were still times I'd come back to it for a few hours just to enjoy and de-stress.  It's a shame that it'll be going down and I hope that everyone involved in making the game will be able to go on to make even more successful games.

Also, I appreciate the Steam Wallet refund, although it really wasn't necessary.  Once I've spent money on a game, I want that money to support the devs.  But it's a very honorable thing to do, since the game is going down.  I don't think that most devs would do that.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you in your adventures!  See you after respawn!  <3

Edited by Varler
Formatting
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Katherine, which key factors influenced your decision to end the game? My guesses would be the dwindling player base, as well as the difficulties of creating updates. I think the game had a good direction, but the updates took extremely long, and the game was very hard for newer players to jump into.

If you ever start a new game, I'd heavily suggest that it would be more welcoming to newer players. Another comment I had, was that the game didn't keep you interested; the over world felt empty, and void. If you ever create a new game, I'd suggest creating a global player-run economy. No game has ever tried this. What I mean by this, is that the players should be able to interact with, and influence the over world. An example would allowing players to create settlements. Not only would this encourage players to keep playing so they can constantly work on their settlement, but would encourage them to work with other players. I would also enjoy features besides just shooting. It may be a lot to ask, but I would've seriously enjoyed features like crafting resources, spells, custom character trees, abilities, etc.

It would also be cool if you had races/clans that allowed you to play differently; what if you could play as a chimera character, and battle for control over the world. If you had control over a certain area via a settlement, you and your race/clan would have exclusive access to you shrines there.

I know that this may not have helped that much, but I hope that you don't stop creating games. This game hasn't been out long, and yet it was a good concept, and was lots of fun to play. I hope you'll develop new games, and have a successful time.

Edited by RetSam

Posted (edited)

Pretty sad. But the development was pretty slow, and with things that were not fixed for a long time. And you tried to publish it in early acces? why?

Anyway, good luck to the team. And if you would expose the "vision you originally conceived" to the players, and why you feel you won't be able to reach it... that'd be great.

Edited by YoFede