MrJaffaCake

Un - official Basic Bug Reporting "Rules"

If you are experiencing a bug and know how to fix it , head over to this thread and comment the bug and the fix  : Known Bugs that you can solve (thanks @AHrEJl for making it!)

Before posting check if anyone has posted about the same bug recently, if they have head over to their post and express the fact that you are experiencing it too.

If no one has reported it, or there is a report but its from few days ago, report it once again.

After checking out the bug reporting part of the forum i noticed that its quite disorganized so i decided to make a list and few basic rules to follow so you can make something understandable. So here's the basic list :

In the title of the topic in brackets [] write what type of bug it is : ex. UI, Mob, NPC, Premium Currency, Dungeon, World, Class, Crafting, etc.

For faster input copy and fill up this short list :

What type of bug is it? :

What should happen? :

What actually happens? :

Can you replicate it ? :

(if you can) How can you replicate it? :

Other information :

Screenshots :

I hope this helps you with bug reporting, if you think anything should be added comment down below!

Have a nice day! :D

Example picture below :

(note to dev, not an actual bug)

FolkhWG.png

Edited by MrJaffaCake
Added explenation
  • Thanks 1

as a dev who combs through these i say thank you for the nice outline for people to follow to help us along.  while they are not must have rules they do help us speed up the process of debugging these issues.

Also some more information for our awesome players who post in bugs, thanks for all your info you have already given us.
- we do look at each one and attempt to figure out what is happening.
- some of you do post repeat stuff, THIS IS OK!!! don't worry, we even post repeat stuff in our bug tracking software.
- The more of you that report the same problem the bigger the problem is and the more urgently we want to fix it.
- We don't always respond to every topic in bug reports, we always will when we have questions about it/its a big concern/ or we have a silly comment about it. Know we do read all of these in bug reports (i personally do at least).
- If you run into a Bug in the dungeon please submit an in game bug report with F10 as well as a post on here if you would, it will help us know what seed the error happened in as well as give us a full log of events that you did up to that point.

Again, thanks to all of you guys for helping us with these bugs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HH_TJ said:

as a dev who combs through these i say thank you for the nice outline for people to follow to help us along.  while they are not must have rules they do help us speed up the process of debugging these issues.

Also some more information for our awesome players who post in bugs, thanks for all your info you have already given us.
- we do look at each one and attempt to figure out what is happening.
- some of you do post repeat stuff, THIS IS OK!!! don't worry, we even post repeat stuff in our bug tracking software.
- The more of you that report the same problem the bigger the problem is and the more urgently we want to fix it.
- We don't always respond to every topic in bug reports, we always will when we have questions about it/its a big concern/ or we have a silly comment about it. Know we do read all of these in bug reports (i personally do at least).
- If you run into a Bug in the dungeon please submit an in game bug report with F10 as well as a post on here if you would, it will help us know what seed the error happened in as well as give us a full log of events that you did up to that point.

Again, thanks to all of you guys for helping us with these bugs.

Thank you for being one of the people who brought this game to us! Always here to help! :D

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, MrJaffaCake said:

Thanks @dothuraka for giving me some additional stuff to add. Hope you like the new version (it does look better i must admit.) :D

Hahaha really does! 
Cheers!

i cant play with my friend.

in these days, we were playing with my Friends and one, it charge like in a different server, we were in the same part(in the tree) i want to play with him, but is impossible